Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* what do you think about FDCSERVERS.NET ?

hello,
    i'm planning to rent a dedicated server from fdcservers but i don't know about their :
    bandwidth quality,datacenter stability,support...

please adviice me before i make the order.

your advices will help to decide.

best regards to all members here,

I have never been with them, but I have read great reviews and comments about them. I have heard people still get max speeds, even though they are on the shared port.

Yup same here, never been with them but heard they are good
    IPStrada When uptime counts.
    Warren Buffet: Honesty is very expensive gift do not expect it from cheap people.

Had a horrible experience with their VPS' and their dedicated services a couple years back.

Although! I want to be fair here... FDCServers really has resolved 95% of their original issues and even though, we don't rent directly from them, we have services within their DC. You won't go wrong buying from them, even with my bad experiences, their dedicated is worth it.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

Hi, I have a Colo server with them and they have been pretty good. my server is in their Denver Datacenter, good support and speeds up to now. No network downtime at all which is pretty good since my last provider had outages every 2 or 3 weeks.

Frank

I have been using them for 1 year support are great :-)

I've been with them a few years now, and their network has improved tremendously, even over a few years. Never had any issues with their datacenter. And their support is very good, extremely prompt. Most of my experience is with their Chicago DC, however I have a couple servers in their new Denver DC, and my experience has been about the same there.

In terms of the amount of bandwidth you get for the price, it's hard to beat them.

Excellent service, I own a Atom Dual Core with 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD with them for $49/mo in the Denver datacenter.

There support is top notch, and there network is just outstanding.

I have an Atom server in Denver and a colo in Chicago. Support is very good, they reply extremely fast and resolve things just as fast.

Highly recommended going with a company who colo's there for cheaper hardware. Very good company / dc.

Do they have live chat technical support?
    All things work together for the good of those who love God - Romans 8:28

Quote Originally Posted by sharmaine1111 View Post
    Do they have live chat technical support?
    No, most companies do not offer live chat support for dedicated servers.

well, BURST does

Quote Originally Posted by sharmaine1111 View Post
    well, BURST does
    Have you ever seen bursts live chat online?

Past three years of randomly visiting I have never once seen it online.
    GetCloudHosting.com - Looking for HOT deals on cloud hosting services? We post 5 of the hottest deals every day! -> Click Here <-

Quote Originally Posted by B r a n d o n View Post
    Have you ever seen bursts live chat online?

Past three years of randomly visiting I have never once seen it online.
    Technical support, Yes. I can see them online in messengers.
    Last edited by sharmaine1111; 07-20-2009 at 03:58 AM.

FDC is excellent, very prompt response times to tickets and an excellent network.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    No, most companies do not offer live chat support for dedicated servers.
    The Planet does.

FDC support is fast and helpful. Network is great for the price.

I have been with them for quite some time now, and just recently went over to their Denver datacenter.

Everything has been just fine. Good speeds, decent support. They've definitely improved over the years.

Ive actually been with them, and i am with them, i almost would go with them after many years ago they had some issues, but man since then nothing but good reviews, quality support and stability and same as now, ive been with them several months now and well it's all good So i give them thumbs up and recommend them tbh! Good luck!
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

FDC has improved immensely over the past few years, I would at least give them a try again. I use to rent from them in 2006 for streaming
    Jon Stephenson

You don't need live support if the helpdesk replies within minutes most of the time.

They're great - they'll go out of their way to fix small issues with the server (requesting login to look) etc.

Network uptime is great as well and they're always adding carriers.

They are exceptional and I want to keep expanding with them.
    HostGuard.net - VPS Control Panel
    Automating and monitoring your hosting business.

Also, I have been with them for ~27 days and I have yet to have a network problem (I am in their Chicago, IL datacenter). Support tickets are answered in a very reasonable time. A few of my support tickets were answered in less than 5 minutes.

Overall, so far, I am very pleased with their service. You won't go wrong with chosing FDCServers.

Anybody here hosted server in Denver how about their support?

which is their better DC? Denver or Chicago?

I used to host in Chicago but i will try Denver,i will commence new server early August due to Giga-International fakap and throttling my dedicated server .

Quote Originally Posted by Soolian View Post
    Excellent service, I own a Atom Dual Core with 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD with them for $49/mo in the Denver datacenter.

There support is top notch, and there network is just outstanding.

can you tell me where i can sign up for that, i can't seems to find the link to this package
    God is Great

We had a terrible experience with them. Used them in 2006 and had about 5 or 6 servers and they were terrible. We tried them again last year sometime after they removed Cogent and added Comcast and it was much better, but still the network did weird things at times.

I've heard their Denver DC is MUCH better, so I'd say at least give them a try now.
    Karl Stallknecht
    Slable :: powerful solutions. right price.
    Hosting | I.T. Solutions | Voice :: Cloud Telecom | Entertainment
    Phone: (703) 445-3391

Quote Originally Posted by darkjedi View Post
    Anybody here hosted server in Denver how about their support?
    Awesome. Speeds are great. I run my download server there (10TB + of bandwidth a month) and haven't run into any issues yet *knocks on wood*.

Denver is great. I just setup a new node with them today.

Speeds are good, network seems solid. I was setup within 12 hours of them receiving my server.

"Linda S" is the person who conducts the sales most of the time - I'd suggest you get in touch with her.

FDC are very flexible with great pricing - they always say to contact sales regarding anything in this department rather than simply order so they can create any solution for you. All their plans are based around this mentality anyway. (Any OS including Windows, unmetered servers etc).

If you want to go with FDC I suggest go with Denver - I have asked them about increasing capacity at Chicago and this doesn't seem likely (they are sold out of racks). All capacity expansion will be at Denver and they're selling extremely quick. (That's my impression)

Is FDC Denver location up at 100%?

It has been since March.

They are in the middle of adding a few more carriers / bandwidth capacity (Level3 / Tata).

I have a server at FDCServers in Denver. They gave me a good deal on a custom server. Setup was quick, no network issues, and the server has been stable.

Planning on ordering more servers soon.

We had servers with FDC for last two years and it was a rollercoaster ride. Good for a month then horrible for 2-3 days or more, etc. They've been known to go down for hours on end, even days on end. The last straw for me was in Dec. 2008/Jan2009 when they claimed to be getting DDOS attacks every night at the same time each day. These attacks would take down servers for 20-40 minutes each night (for about 3 weeks until we left them).

As far as customer service, that too was a rollercoaster depending on who was working on your ticket. And who can forget that if you voice an opinion on their forum it may get you banned (if it is a negative statement - regardless of proof or accuracy).

In February 2009 we left FDC and went with 10TB.com (Softlayer DC) and have not looked back as I have had a good nights sleep every night since making the switch. As a matter of fact business has spruced up since the switch to the point where I just placed another order with them.

Hopefully things have turned around for FDC.

Ty

I have one server with them for 1 year and we had 2 downtimes only

I've had a colo server at their Chicago DC for 3 months and its been very good so far service and network wise.
    Dedispec, LLC.
    Dedicated Servers | Cloud Hosting | Colocation
    www.dedispec.com - sales[at]dedispec.com

I was a customer of theirs awhile ago, many years ago now, and they have always been a leader of providing the most bandwidth for the buck. If you need a lot of bandwidth cheap, I can't imagine there are any better options.

My only concern with them would be reliability, considering they use pure white box hardware, have no UPS/generator, poor cooling infrastructure, etc. Even then, you're getting great value for what you pay for, and you simply cannot expect everything at the pricing they're offering.

As far as support, based on reviews lately I'm assuming their support is no longer limited to, "I recommend a reinstall." for basically every complex problem and I am happy to see that has improved. They have always been fast on the responses and on resolving the simpler tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlZimmer View Post
    have no UPS/generator
    I believe they had only one power outage since 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlZimmer View Post

My only concern with them would be reliability, considering they use pure white box hardware, have no UPS/generator, poor cooling infrastructure, etc. Even then, you're getting great value for what you pay for, and you simply cannot expect everything at the pricing they're offering.
    Karl you`re basing your statement on outdated information

#1 Chicago
    - there were several significant improvements made to HVAC over last 3 years
    - we haven`t had unexpected power outage at our facility in our entire history. Same can not be said about 350E cermak
    - we feel comfortable with the CBOT infrastructure to run our operation there without UPS/Generator

#2 Denver has both UPS and Generator
    Petr Kral - FDCServers.net LLC
    Los Angeles - Seattle - Denver - Chicago - Miami- New York - Paris - London - Madrid - Amsterdam - Frankfurt - Vienna - DATACENTERS
    10+Tbps of internet connectivity --- 10G, 20G, 40Gbps unmetered services in 17 US & EU locations

Quote Originally Posted by CretaForce View Post
    I believe they had only one power outage since 2003.
    I`d like to add that was a scheduled event for a pre-emptive maintenance
    Petr Kral - FDCServers.net LLC
    Los Angeles - Seattle - Denver - Chicago - Miami- New York - Paris - London - Madrid - Amsterdam - Frankfurt - Vienna - DATACENTERS
    10+Tbps of internet connectivity --- 10G, 20G, 40Gbps unmetered services in 17 US & EU locations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast