Thumbs down Craigslist Went Downhill

Hello,

About 6 months ago I sold my first item on Craigslist which was my car and was shocked it sold in 4 days. My dad is getting a new boat moter and wanted to sell a 'prop' (whatever that is, haha) on Craigslist. My dad does not check his e-mail like I do so I offered to put my e-mail on their for him and see if we can sell it.

WOW! talk about spam. About every 30 minutes to every hour I obtain spam that says something to the effect of, "I will be sending you a Cashers Check please provide me your social security number". It was something along these lines but you could clearly tell it was spam. My question is what happened to Craigslist? I heard a few months ago a girl meeting a guy from Craigslist or something to that effect and she was killed as a result. Granted this can happen on any website but what happened to Craigslist?
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

You want to see annoying, go to the pet section. We are looking for a cat and for a dog, and there is like a war going on, at least in the chicago pet community one. These people keep flagging shelters that list their pets, because they view shelters as evil. Some people flag single sellers, its insane, I cant even understand it. Then they use craigslist as a forum and then I see a bunch of:

blah blah blah
    Re:blah blah blah
    Re:Re:Re:blah blah blah
    Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:blah blah blah
    etc.

And no, this is not the discussion section, its the posting section.

As for the murder. Yes it happened, a few people were killed on the east coast, he is arrested. Killed a prostitue or two, or three. Dont forget the teenager who asked for a babysitter then killed the woman in her 20's who came over to do the job.

Thank GOD they removed the erotic section, of course just take a look, prostitution is still big, among other things.

As for what happened, that is simple. It got big, and there are sick people and ******** out there. They do try to flag, they do impliment a lot of things, but people are creative. Even though you need an account to post in some places, and you need a phone # for an account, the problems still exist and always will.
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

Craigslist is working fine here.... just purchased something off of it a few hours ago...

Yes a few people was killed, they shouldn't be prostituting on craigslist....

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    Craigslist is working fine here.... just purchased something off of it a few hours ago...

Yes a few people was killed, they shouldn't be prostituting on craigslist....
    /agree

Like david said, the erotic section is gone, finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    /agree

Like david said, the erotic section is gone, finally.
    It's been renamed to the "adult" services.

That's what I've been told.

Quote Originally Posted by hycloud View Post
    It's been renamed to the "adult" services.

That's what I've been told.
    Wow, that's stupid. I wish they'd just delete that section, they are knowingly allowing prostitution to happen.

Like I said, its at least gone to some extent, but yea, still can be done.

Im not completely bashing, craigslist, its still really good. But it does have its problems. I ues it quite often for sensual massages
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post

I use it quite often for sexual massages
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by peruviantalk View Post
    I PM'ed you my phone number.
    heh. Your comment did make me laugh and I had to double check what I wrote

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    heh. Your comment did make me laugh and I had to double check what I wrote
    LOL..but no really if you want my number I will like totally like give it to you.

Odd... But I really think Craigslist has gone down hill. Granted I may use it again because unlike eBay it doesn't have fees and I'm not sure of any other good website for posting items you are trying to sell. Thank you everyone for your comments in regards - some strange.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!