* Is this normal with wholesaleinternet.com?

I just wanted to find out from existing customers of wholesaleinternet.com about their response to your emails.

i grabbed one the cheap offer that they put out on WHT 2 days ago. P4 1.8GHz 1GB 80GB ram offer for $30.

The setup time was reasonably fast and i got the server and its currently working great.

Whats bothering me now is that, every time i e-mail support for simple answers i wait hours i means first i e-mailed to setup rDNS took 22hrs to set that up which is ok since its not emergency.

I e-mailed them asking about access to bandwidth graph since i would like to keep an eye and still waiting for an answer and 5+ hrs passed.

Is it really normal from wholesaleinternet to answer support questions this slow? i been with multiple providers from budget to big giants and i found that they reply to your email within reasonable amount max i waited was 1hr.

What i am afraid of is that what if its emergency and the server is down, i do see that they have emergency reboot option but what if its more than that?

if other clients of wholesaleinternet facing similar or different issue please respond, i really like to test out the provider within 1month to see if i should be with them or not.

wow, you are paying 30 $ for a full server, and you are still complaining about 5+ hours response time on tickets? god, for that price, you should be glad they answer at all.

kind of what i was thinking

lol

Quote Originally Posted by themedia View Post
    wow, you are paying 30 $ for a full server, and you are still complaining about 5+ hours response time on tickets? god, for that price, you should be glad they answer at all.

No, he is asking if it is normal for those kinds of response times.

They do not exactly specify on their site what kind of response times that he/she should expect, other than normal tickets are on a first come/serve basis.

So, I believe the question was....

Are these normal response times?

On top of that, with slow response times for normal tickets, the OP is also concerned about emergency response tickets if ever placed.

It does not matter whether he is spending $5.00 or $500.00 a month. He is asking a valid question. Should he expect a 24X7 shop to take 22 hours to answer a simple question.
    Mike

i know i may get some response like this.

so does that mean it compromises the support? i mean they never said in the ads that i will not good support with this product? plus i have dealt with budget providers where i get instance response even though i am paying way lower, to name one is volumedrive.com

so i know what you guys saying but i would like to know if that's the case then i wouldn't have to ask around?

i expect the proper service that was sold to me even if i am paying a penny thats how customer service business works.

PS: this is not a wholesaleinternt review thread.

you beat me to it redmeds, thanks

to be exact on the tickets hrs, i logged in to customer panel to get this,

Billing Question during business hrs = answered in 4hrs after asking for update
    rDNS ticket = answered in 13hrs
    Bandwidth graph ticket = still holding on 8hrs and counting

That's no kind of answer. 30 bucks or 3000, a client is a client.

If any company bases overall support on how much you pay a month, RUN.

He didn't twist their arm to get this special, it was advertised. I'm sure in that advertisement it didn't say "and since you are so cheap to take this offer, you forfeit any real support, we'll get to you when we can".
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

to update: it has been 24hrs since i submit ticket asking about bandwidth graph.

I am confused, before i bought from them i red some reviews which are all positive, did anyone else bought their specials and facing similar issue please update this thread.

Its not about what i pay for its about what have i got myself in to.

I believe the owner is a member here on WHT, try searching for him and send him a pm if possible.

Just go to burstnet their response are better than this and the network is very nice now.

Response times can be slow on the weekend. Most of my tickets are answered in 15 minutes to five hours, which is fine with me. I honestly wouldn't complain unless it took more than 24 hours for a basic ticket.

I've never needed to submit an emergency ticket, but they have a system in place that should be a lot faster than regular support.

I still have no complaints with wholesaleinternet at all. They do have a phone number or you could contact Aaron directly.

Quote Originally Posted by subigo View Post
    Response times can be slow on the weekend. Most of my tickets are answered in 15 minutes to five hours, which is fine with me. I honestly wouldn't complain unless it took more than 24 hours for a basic ticket.

I've never needed to submit an emergency ticket, but they have a system in place that should be a lot faster than regular support.

I still have no complaints with wholesaleinternet at all. They do have a phone number or you could contact Aaron directly.
    thanks for your feedback, yes i do see they have emergency reboot plan but what if hardware needs to be replaced and so forth and especially on weekend?

in their website they said no to call the phone number as support is handled by email.

Well right now a basic ticket is sitting their for more than 24hrs means no one is working at the DC?

I really don't want to jump hops to get help since its part of their service they provide.

Right now i am ok since everything running fine as intended but what if something happens, hopefully Aaron can clear that for everyone.

I have been using them for some time for dedicated and now colo with them.

For questions like the ones you have asked the response time is normal. For emergency server down stuff it is a lot faster. Basically you get support quickly for items that need fast support.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

I am not sure how they identify whats the situation about by looking at a ticket title, also they don't mention this anywhere on their website, so looks like i have to wait for an emergency to happen to test their real skill?

Quote Originally Posted by kamal_s View Post
    I am not sure how they identify whats the situation about by looking at a ticket title, also they don't mention this anywhere on their website, so looks like i have to wait for an emergency to happen to test their real skill?
    I've used they service some time ago, when you set the ticket as a emergency, "911" if I remeber, a tech is paged

It is the weekend so it would be a bit slower to get an email answered.

A tech or Aaron is paged when you send a "911" reboot request is placed.

Wholesale internet is a great place, the power supply died in my server in the middle of the night within an hour my server was back online and running fine. So they do keep parts on hand.

Assuming this is for unmanaged you need to install or configure SNMP on your server and then use a snmp grapher such as MRTG. That's not their responsibility to provde you with bandwidth stats, its yours.

Response times to my tickets have been about an hour for non-emergencies,

Quote Originally Posted by kamal_s View Post
    to update: it has been 24hrs since i submit ticket asking about bandwidth graph.

I am confused, before i bought from them i red some reviews which are all positive, did anyone else bought their specials and facing similar issue please update this thread.

Its not about what i pay for its about what have i got myself in to.
    Again you have a $30 unmanaged dedicated server. The host can't be responsible for being your tech support people for features lke that. Look into SNMP and MRTG. T isn't the price, it is that it is "unmanaged" -- this means you are the one who must manage/administrate it.

For SNMP, in a pinch (Assuming CentOS and that snmp options are installed - i.e. yum install net-snmp, yum install net-snmp-utils) :

in /etc/snmp/snmp.conf (back up old snmp.conf file just in case) :

Code:
    rocommunity public
    (This makes the bandwidth usage public. If that is a big deal searcha round for other config options)

From command line:

Code:
    chkconfig snmpd on
    service snmpd start
    Now configure MRTG from your client:

http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/

Note: Use above help at your own risk. It is just from my memory and might be missing things. Check google if in doubt. If really lost, I would pick up a good unix administration book from your bookstore ASAP.

thanks for your tips dlm7,

they got back to me after 2 days said they don't have graphs to share and they will have in future.

Yes, i am aware of unmanaged server and how it all works but answering a question wouldn't take this long i am not asking them to fix anything just answer it in proper time, i just have wait for an emergency to happen then only know their real skill if that happens i will definitely update this thread.

I use Cacti + snmp to monitor all my servers (windows/linux) for bandwidth and alarms and all other stuff and i would love to have access to providers graph just so we are on same page, if they don't then so be it but i would like an answer in reasonable time not in 48hrs.

Once again i would like to re-initiate my point, its not about what i pay its about what type of response i get when i need them to answer simple queries. I have been with several different providers and still being this is first ever company that took 48hrs to answer a simple question. I am not complaining just that i am surprised but i learned i will live with it or move on when time comes

thanks everyone again.

Techs don't see how much you're paying - support is completely universal.

Yes, WholesaleInternet are slow with some things - just better call them.

Their network is rock solid though. I've been with them for 3 years.
    HostGuard.net - VPS Control Panel
    Automating and monitoring your hosting business.