unlimited disk space resseler hosting

i want to open my own web hosting business that has its own name... and not of the main hosting provider.... i want to have the following features...

1) it must offer me unlimited disk space.
    2) unlimited domain hosting.
    3) Unlimited ftp accounts.

any one of you have come across any such reseller web hosting plan?

<<signatures to be set up in your profile>>
    Last edited by bear; 07-19-2009 at 04:08 PM.

In my opinion, I wouldn't want to run my business on a server that oversells like that. Unlimited features is just asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by paddyvats View Post
    i want to open my own web hosting business that has its own name... and not of the main hosting provider.... i want to have the following features...

I would recommend HostGator though!
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 07-19-2009 at 04:48 PM.
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Responsive whmcs templates | WHMCS | Wordpress | HTML5 | Settings area
    █ Hire us for responsive whmcs integration - enhance your website using the new "Six" template!

Quote Originally Posted by WHU-Mike View Post
    In my opinion, I wouldn't want to run my business on a server that oversells like that. Unlimited features is just asking for trouble.
    Agreed. Why not spend the money on a stable reseller host than one with unlimited space, a feature that you do not need (especially because you are just first starting this company)
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

if you can buy me a hard drive with unlimited space, I'd be happy to host it for you

but as everybody else said, you shouldn't be fooled by unlimited space/bandwdith because there is always a limit - just check the drives in your computer and see if there isa limit - servers are basically computers as well with a hard drive of its own.

unlimited domain hosting and ftp accounts are another thing - most Resellers come with those anyway

First of all, don´t go that approach. There is nothing unlimited. You must know that the hosting companies that offer those plans are really putting limits, on files, cpu, etc. They just use it as marketing strategy because people like the word "unlimited". Just read their TOS.

You will run into troubles in the short time. I would suggest you focus on a local market, giving real personal customer support, real plans, with a good price and put some of your special sauce in it. The special would be something only you can offer. How about giving a little web design page with it? Or a logo design with each plan? Or local on site support? There are ideas and there is business, but please don´t go the unlimited approach or you will hate the hosting industry very fast just like your customers are going to hate you.

In my opinion, the greatest danger of an unlimited reseller account is the influence it will have on your own pricing. Without a reasonable limit to your reseller account, you run a high risk of selling accounts that are too generous and you won't be able to sustain once you're asked to move out of or upgrade the unlimited reseller account.

Other than that, 20TB data transfer would be virtually the same as an unlimited account. That sort of limit is meaningless.

Hostnine and Fasthosts come to mind, though I'm sure they are not the only ones.

Yea, as most people say unlimited don't exist, just like mcdonalds use to have unlimited refills, im sure if you stayed there all day and kept refilling your pop, making them change the machine every couple hours lol they'd put a stop to it, so if your wanting to start out with the feeling you have unlimted just go with a limited package that has a higher limit then usualy, then least it should be dedicated to you and your more able to avoid issues in the future. Either or Best of Luck!
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

I believe there are some providers giving Unlimited Reseller Accounts with host of other features like fantastico and ruby etc. and I remember bookmarking them. I will let you know after searching through my bookmarks.

But you dont understand there is nothing like an unlimmited hard drive. everyone has there limmits.
    Andrew Anderson
    Sales Manager
    NerdyHost.com

You obviously want 'unlimited' everything. There is no such feature available in the web hosting world. Every harddrive has a max limit and if you sell more then the max limit that is considered 'overselling'. If you are interested in such features I strongly suggest a bigger hosting company like Godaddy, 1and1 or HostGator.

Keep in mind when you want the 'unlimited' feature something has to suffer. In many cases what has to suffer is the lack of speed you will be able to obtain with a packed server. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

It's usually not an advisable thing to go with a reseller account with unrealistic limitations or "unlimited" resources. If you do happen to find such a provider, first it will be an obvious overseller. If you find one that's low priced or too good to be true, then it probably is. You'll be running right into a trap and will very likely suffer from poor service.

You'll be hard pressed to find an Unlimited Reseller account. Shared hosting, yes. Reseller? Nope.
    And if you do, don't go with them.

I have a truck with an unlimited gas tank, if you would like to buy it. Oh, but there is a 250,000 cm3 limit, though. Enjoy!
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Guys thanks for your immediate and good responses...

Ok, i wont go with unlimited hosting.. but can you suggest some good limit that i can provide in my hosting plans??

Like 5Gb Disk space and 2Gb Bandwidth is that enough?

Hostgator charges $25 for 100Gb disk space (reseller hosting plan)
    according to above scheme i can only have 20 accounts on this account... but 200 accounts are too less for a hosting company

Last edited by bear; 07-19-2009 at 04:09 PM.

according to above scheme i can only have 20 accounts on this account... but 200 accounts are too less for a hosting company
    then I guess you don't need a reseller if you need to create 200 accounts, You need to buy a Server.

How many customers do you have? it really depends on how many do you have and you expectations.

Good Luck
    sorry, This user doesn't have a signature

Ok, i wont go with unlimited hosting..
    That's very good

Yes!!!! There is no such thing called unlimited Reseller Hosting. There is always a limit. Don't get into false traps. How can somebody Provide unlimited Reseller Hosting? You may get Unlimited Add-On Domains, Sub Domains, Email Accounts or Unmetered Bandwidth, but unlimited disk space is a crap as considered to Reseller Hosting. Do you agree to Pay $1000,000,000 Monthly for this Package??? If yes, I may get you one.

Many can Provide Reseller Hosting with 500 gb space or somewhat, i guess you shoud go and find them.
    Hosting Template Designs. Valid xHTML / CSS Designing.
    PHP & MySQL Application Coding.
    PM me for Pricing Details.

You could settle for an un-metered server, but HD space just isn't "unlimited". I'm currently looking for a windows reseller that has unlimited bandwidth & a couple hundred/thousand GB of space, at least. Beyond that, I would encourage my clients to use my Linux packages -- it's better anyway ^_* haha.

i have around... 150 customers who are willing to host through me... later on i can have more around 350 may be.

buying a server is too expensive

Ok, i wont go with unlimited hosting.. but can you suggest some good limit that i can provide in my hosting plans??

On the hostagater reseller, it's actually 24G space / 250G transfer for the smallest package. For instance, I chop them up and sell them into 500M / 5G and 1G / 10G packages. Basically, you get about 50 500M blocks, or 25 10M blocks. I figured out a price for the 500M / 5G, and base all other pricing off of that.

Hope that helps. I actively work quite a lot with this reseller plan, if you have any questions, feel free to ping. Honestly, I got it for another project, but liked it so much I started actually using it for reseller hosting. Go figure.

i have around... 150 customers who are willing to host through me... later on i can have more around 350 may be.

you have a 150 customers and they aren't paying you enough to get a good server? that's terrible business planning if you ask me

and don't put your signature in your posts, it's against rules. Don't keep trying to find the easy way out, it never works out.

Yes, but you cannot pretend to run a web hosting company on a 25$ monthly budget.

200 accounts depends on what you do. Its not like you put a website and clients start to fall from the sky.
    You can have 200 clients with good plans and earn more then someone with 1000 clients.

Im not sure what kind of plans you expect to give, but for 200 you are looking into the wrong place. Hostgator and does Resellers are shared resellers. You cannot put as much customers on those plans without running into problems. You should look into VPS or Dedicated. Thats why HG doesn't allow overselling on Reseller accounts. Maybe if you have several Resellers for 25$ and split clients.

I think you should investigate a little about resources, and how much hosting actually costs. I wish 200 clients would cost 25$. Make it a couple of hundreds in servers alone.

Be prepared because your service is going to suckkkkk. You know how many other resellers are going to be on the same server as you under the assumption they have unlimited bandwidth? That server is going to max out so fast it's not even funny.

Simply put, there is no way I would risk my business with an unlimited reseller host. You can only expect problems to happen.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

ewebguru.com

If sm1 promises you unlimited..he must be compromising with other issues.
    Rather go for smthing more than usual limits as well as fast and reliable hosting. I recommend you ewebguru.I have been with them since long.And i am sure you will find them good enough

Actually a Hostdime company gives you almost all what you want:

http://www.surpasshosting.com/hostin...comparison.php
    Last edited by Webdesignerhost; 07-20-2009 at 04:05 AM. Reason: TYPOS

you have a 150 customers and they aren't paying you enough to get a good server? that's terrible business planning if you ask me
    With that customers count a dedicated server should not be impossible to have. Exactly how many customers would you require to afford a server? Then ask yourself, exactly how many accounts that server can sustain? If the numbers don't match, you've got a problem.

I told you that an "unlimited reseller" is a dangerous road, for it removes reality from the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    With that customers count a dedicated server should not be impossible to have. Exactly how many customers would you require to afford a server? Then ask yourself, exactly how many accounts that server can sustain? If the numbers don't match, you've got a problem.

I told you that an "unlimited reseller" is a dangerous road, for it removes reality from the equation.
    Yes, I agree, unlimited is a poor business plan and with 150 customers, a dedicated server is a very strong possibility.

There are limits on everything and the sooner people realize that, the better things will be for them.

If you have that big customer base then get yourself a VPS or Dedicated server. 150 is A LOT that it needs its own VPS/server.

If you charge each customer at 10/month, then you will already have 1500/month. That is a lot of money for you to start getting a dedicated server.
    All things work together for the good of those who love God - Romans 8:28

I wouldn't advice to go with unlimited disk space hosting since sooner or later they will run out of resources and run in to problems.
    Last edited by SkyNetHosting; 07-21-2009 at 10:48 AM.
    [DC'S] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. CHINA HK. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS. GERMANY. SOUTH AFRICA
    MyCompanyWeb™: Start Your Own Professional Web Hosting Company in 24 Hours
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 14 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!

You can try a High-end managed VPS with at least 4G RAM and as you grow further you can scale to fully blown dedicated or upgrade your VPS too. This way you will save lots of bandwidth in maintaining and managing a dedicated server for now.

Quote Originally Posted by WHU-Mike View Post
    Not if managed right.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Pixel View Post
    You obviously want 'unlimited' everything. There is no such feature available in the web hosting world. Every harddrive has a max limit and if you sell more then the max limit that is considered 'overselling'. If you are interested in such features I strongly suggest a bigger hosting company like Godaddy, 1and1 or HostGator.

Keep in mind when you want the 'unlimited' feature something has to suffer. In many cases what has to suffer is the lack of speed you will be able to obtain with a packed server. Best of luck!
    Actually not true! Money can buy anything...right. So use multiple servers to achieve unlimited.

NOTE: some server companies do offer unlimited bandwidth. Email, databases, add-on domains...etc which are controlled by software, not hardware (although the hardware has to be able to support the load). So I say offer unlimited IF your server can handle the load, and you as the server owner are responsible this type of service.
    Last edited by honeyhosting; 07-26-2009 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by honeyhosting View Post
    Actually not true! Money can buy anything...right. So use multiple servers to achieve unlimited.

NOTE: some server companies do offer unlimited bandwidth, and emails, databases, add-on domains...etc which are controlled by software, not hardware (although the hardware has to be able to support the load). So I say offer unlimited IF your server can handle the load, and you as the server owner are responsible this type of service.
    agreed. Look at companys like hostgator that offer unlimited because they have the budget and servers to do so.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

You are going to get burnt really bad with an unlimited disk space reseller plan.

It has nothing to do with the unlimited disk space - but more so the amount of CPU and RAM usage. This will take a huge beating over time - especially if all the resellers on the server are under the idea that they can put as much crap on it as they want to.

You know how many free web hosts are probably on that server constantly shoving accounts on their 'unlimited' reseller plan?
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by honeyhosting View Post
    Not if managed right.
    Therein lies the problem. It usually isn't, unless it's a large company, and even then, some of them don't, at least consistently. . I have one host I actually trust that offers unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by dbbrock1 View Post
    You are going to get burnt really bad with an unlimited disk space reseller plan.

Not if managed correctly by the server owner

It has nothing to do with the unlimited disk space - but more so the amount of CPU and RAM usage. This will take a huge beating over time - especially if all the resellers on the server are under the idea that they can put as much crap on it as they want to.

You need to read the TOS/AUP. The unlimited people place higher restrictions on their clients than other companies do.

You know how many free web hosts are probably on that server constantly shoving accounts on their 'unlimited' reseller plan?

Yet again read the TOS/AUP. Usually FREE accounts are not allowed.
    Here is my experienced 2 cents