Problem with uploading files through CMS after moving to new host - IM help if poss

Hi guys, I've been having problems trying to edit my php.ini file which I think I've now fixed.

The whole reason I wanted to do this was because I've just moved to Media Temple from another hosting company and I'm having a couple of problems with the switchover.

Basically I use a CMS system to add properties which appear on the main website. I also upload PDFs and images. On the old hosting company, the PDFs and images went into folders called dnDir/pdf and dnDir/images but on Media Temple, they are going in to a folder called tmp. I really want them to go to the same place as they used to.

Is this an issue with php.ini that I need to rectify? If so, could you point me in the right direction?

I'd love for someone to be able to chat on IM (Skype, AIM etc) and help me through this as I'm pulling my hair out.

There's a huge vat of beer in it for someone!

Thanks in advance,

Brendan.

Brendan,

I'm not sure what is your issue, I personally find it strange you end up in a /tmp now though, unless this is the php temporary directory and this is used by the CMS (which CMS are you using ?).

Maybe a support ticket to MT will help you out much faster, they are your host after all, they should be able to provide you the help you need.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm using a custom made CMS - it's very simple.

I've tried the MT route but they just fob me off after hours of waiting. Not impressed. Do you think you might be able to help?
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by kendalbren View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm using a custom made CMS - it's very simple.

I've tried the MT route but they just fob me off after hours of waiting. Not impressed. Do you think you might be able to help?
    Cheers.
    I can give it an try brendan, you got our msn its in the top right corner; it should not be so hard to get it done right, keeps us from the street (obviously at no charge to you).

Hi, I'll just install Yahoo Messenger so I can contact you through that. Can you wait 10 mins?
    Thanks,

Wasnt signed into yahoo; but now i am