Private WHOIS - Help?

My domains are currently registered with GoDaddy, and I want to upgrade them to private WHOIS information.

As things are now, it would be $8.99 per domain just to add WHOIS protection, which I personally think is a bit steep. So I'm wondering if anybody knows of any alternatives -- such as a coupon code for this, or perhaps you know of a registrar that I could transfer my domains to and get free WHOIS privatization.

Please let me know if you are aware of any options that may allow me to add the protection for less than $8.99.

Thanks!

I will suggest to you to go to Name.com. A .com costs $8.99, and they have fantastic customer support. You can get Google Apps and Privacy Protection for free.

It's definitely worth it to go for Name.com.
    bikster.com - Quality Hosting. Affordable Prices.
    Providing premium quality shared and reseller cPanel/WHM hosting at low prices!
    Reseller cPanel/WHM hosting solutions that you can afford

I've decided to transfer my domains to Namecheap. Using a coupon code (switch2nc) it was only $6.99 per domain and that includes free WhoisGuard protection.

Seems like a bargain to me (and I get to get away from GoDaddy)!

Goodluck then!
    I was going to suggest the pioneer GANDI.net
    They have many free services that you may like, including this one, but for 12 $ I think

good deal AdminAddict, moreover NC is offering free (1 year) Positive SSL certificate, but you have to reclaim your during order checkout. so if you're planning to take one, don't miss this step

Quote Originally Posted by AdminAddict View Post
    I've decided to transfer my domains to Namecheap. Using a coupon code (switch2nc) it was only $6.99 per domain and that includes free WhoisGuard protection.

Seems like a bargain to me (and I get to get away from GoDaddy)!
    Just want to point out that whois is for 1 year from the date of transfer.

I have moved 8 domains from GD so far.....
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bikster View Post
    I will suggest to you to go to Name.com. A .com costs $8.99, and they have fantastic customer support. You can get Google Apps and Privacy Protection for free.

How much is the renewal rate and is the privacy free the next year?

Quote Originally Posted by biggunn View Post
    How much is the renewal rate and is the privacy free the next year?
    Currently their renewal rate is $8.99 and yes their privacy is free the next year, and so far it does not look like they have any plans to limit free whois privacy. I have a couple of domains with them (30+) and they have always offered free whois.

I have 8 domains with namecheap. They have a great service so far, and the nice thing about them...... 24X7 instant chat. The customer chat may not be able to answer your question immediately, but at least you know you get to speak with a warm body and keeps the guessing if anyone is listening out of the question. As someone mentioned earlier, they $6.99 transfers and free whois for a year. They offer whois for multiple domains at a relatively low price after the first year.

You cannot go wrong with either group. I would suggest both to anyone.

Of course, that is just my opinion.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bikster View Post

What is the Google Apps? It's that thing I can get an google email with my domain name? This is not just to change some dns settings? Do the registrars don't allow dns modification?

Name.com is my recomendation. The google aps allows you to have a google site, email etc associated to your website. I tried this on one of my names and it was easy to setup and is a good free option to have some content online. Site is an easy to setup and is template based, this is not hosting so don't expect to upload pages.