Layeredtech? Anyone has updates abt their service?

LT was a hit in WHT until they kept increasing pricing and scared away most of the budget customers.

Any idea how are they doing right now and especially on their service level?

Have you tried using the search tool and look for recent reviews?

yep, you can search around, nothing much about them after 09.

Well, when the complaining stops, pretty much everything stops, since even if you have 100 happy customers, all it takes is for two to post here, because out of those 100 satisfied ones, there is no guarantee they will post a review here.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

i'd like to think that way as well, but somehow if LT moved away from WHT customer base (which they did) to somewhere else, i wouldn't be surprised if the unsatisfied customer do not complain over here, likewise for the happy customers.

Quote Originally Posted by wheimeng View Post
    LT was a hit in WHT until they kept increasing pricing and scared away most of the budget customers.
    It was more (at least for us) that they raised the prices of our aging servers, then offered the same configs to new customers at far less than we were paying. As we weren't happy there anyway, it was an easy decision to shop around and leave.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

yeah, i'm aware of all that fiasco.

perhaps thats one of the reasons they left wht all together.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    It was more (at least for us) that they raised the prices of our aging servers, then offered the same configs to new customers at far less than we were paying. As we weren't happy there anyway, it was an easy decision to shop around and leave.

Exactly the same here.

I'm cancelling today a P4 2.8 with cPanel, paying for it 134.60, and that price includes reseller discount

I can get that configuration and better for less at many reputable companies, without discount.
    Mousa: [as Rambo prepares to play Afghan game 'buzkashi'] God must love crazy people.
    Rambo: [getting on horse] Why?
    Mousa: He make so many of them!

let's leave the price alone, how about service? are they fast in responding?

let's leave the price alone, how about service? are they fast in responding?
    Well, you can't leave the price alone.

Every providers will do their best to offer a good service since they want to keep you, no question about it ( except for a fly by night hosts ).

But, even if they(LT) have a good service but if they will kill you with prices that is too much, no way... especially if they can just increase the price anytime....

I believe this has been discussed already but you have your free agency to be with them :-)
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Definitely haven't heard about LT here for a long while and it does seem they've moved away from WHT in terms of audience. I left LT shortly before the hacking fiasco and was just all-around not pleased with the service. It'd be interesting to see if service qualities have gone up since then with the increased prices.

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Well, you can't leave the price alone.

Every providers will do their best to offer a good service since they want to keep you, no question about it ( except for a fly by night hosts ).

But, even if they(LT) have a good service but if they will kill you with prices that is too much, no way... especially if they can just increase the price anytime....
    /
    I believe this has been discussed already but you have your free agency to be with them :-)
    i followed throughout the LT price increment, been there. so i knew what happened and wouldn't want to discuss that anymore.

i just want to find out if the quality of service, in terms of speedy + helpful responses have improved.

I think several providers moved away as IMO WHT became a market niche for very cheap hosting.

i wouldn't be surprised of that. people come and go

i followed throughout the LT price increment, been there. so i knew what happened and wouldn't want to discuss that anymore.
    Yes and I am just answering your "leave the price alone" thing.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

This was my first Dedicated only stay for 1 month due to metered bandwith

hum... they havent been bad actually. Just more expensive than the competition. Network isn't special but again, not bad as well.

My server with them is down right now. It's been down for almost an hour now, no response from a real tech other than the standard triage "We got your message!" response. They also just bumped my P4 2.8ghz 1gb ram up to $195/mo. Not sure why, seems fairly arbitrary and without legitimate notice.

I also had three days of downtime between 6/15-6/17 while they were trying to figure out what to do with my server's bad disk. IMO, their communication between account rep, NOC techs, triage, L1 support, etc recently is horrendous.

I've been with them for more than 5 years.

(you'll note the link in my sig doesn't work.)

Quote Originally Posted by nphase View Post
    They also just bumped my P4 2.8ghz 1gb ram up to $195/mo.
    Google showed providers selling that for $89/month in 2007.
    I've been with them for more than 5 years.
    Why do you stay?
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Google showed providers selling that for $89/month in 2007.

Why do you stay?
    Who said I was planning to?