OC3 Hiring On Site System Administrator in Los Angeles
No remote employees accepted unfortunately
OC3Networks is currently hiring for a LAMP Administrator to work in our downtown Los Angeles office. Furthermore, this position requires that you have an extensive knowledge of LAMP (Linux MySQL Apache PHP). As a team member of a fast-growing technology oasis, you will be responsible for administratrating our Linux and Microsoft Infrastructure as follows:
* Support existing infrastructure.
* Create tools to automate daily tasks
* Trouble-shooting and resolution
* Configuring firewalls and backup systems upon customer requests
* Server tuning, maintenance
* Responding to customer support requests via our helpdesk in a timely manner
* Troubleshooting and maintaining common hardware via shell.
* Extensive experience with Apache config, MySQL config, DNS, Mail Servers and more.
* Should be self motivated and willing to learn.
Special consideration will be given to candidates with the following:
* Linux/UNIX systems administration experience for Linux and BSD variants.
* Experience supporting 24/7 high availability MySQL Cluster Applications.
* Extensive Knowledge of common protocols like SMTP, POP, IMAP, DNS, FTP and HTTP.
We are a medium-sized web hosting company with 4 datacenters located downtown. Your skillset should be appropriate for typical issues related to the hosting industry. Our client portfolio includes both managed and unmanaged customers varying from no control panel to cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin and Plesk. Familiarity with these control panels is a big plus, especially in terms of migrations between servers, between different control panel types, and the backend functioning and usability of the control panels.
A large part of your time will be troubleshooting issues with:
CentOS, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, Windows 2003 and 2008.
Apache, Lighttpd, Nginx.
MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
Exim, Roundcube, Exchange, and more.
vsFTPd, PureFTPd, and more.
cPanel/WHM, Plesk, DirectAdmin.
OpenVZ, Citrix XenServer, Virtuozzo, HyperVM and more.
---- Position Details:
* Free Server Colocation or dedicated server
* This open position is for a 12 hour shift, 3 times a week.
PACIFICRACK - Striving for Automated and Scalable Servers Features Include: Public&Private Networks, Automated Forward and Reverse DNS, RWhois, Local OS Repos, Remote Reboot Coming Soon:Remote OS Installs, Recovery Boot, VPN Tunnel, Multiple Locations with Private Network Interconnections!