Best VPS hosting out there?

I am looking for a good VPS host.
    Cheap, Good ram, extra options.
    Something like 1and1 has but does not have any kinda contact to stay for months on end.

anyone know any?

There is no "best" one since everyone has different needs and requirements. Find what you're looking for here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Then search the forums for reviews.

1&1 rarely has good reviews on WHT, don't take those "Top VPS Provider" type website as they get $$$ for each person they get to sign up.

As for the top VPS Host, it depends and probably no one is going to agree.

I would say SolarVPS is pretty good, and relatively inexpensive.

It depends on what you need. Managed? Unmanaged? 24x7x365 support? UK? US? What do you need?

You should search around for reviews on WHT, a much needed guide.

From experience, Geekstorage is okay if you don't need support. Their support team always takes up to 15 hours to reply to my tickets.

Can't say anything about other providers, however. Liquidweb and WiredTree have good reps, though...
    bikster.com - Quality Hosting. Affordable Prices.
    Providing premium quality shared and reseller cPanel/WHM hosting at low prices!
    Reseller cPanel/WHM hosting solutions that you can afford

unmanaged minimum of 1gb of ram, link speed of 100mbs

1 enormous vote for VPSLux

http://www.vpslux.com/

They really know what they are doing. Been with them for nearly 2 months and in that time I've had 100% uptime and I suspect it will continue.

They also did my move from another VPS for me with no downtime. It was the most relaxing move ever.
    Sean Shepard
    http://www.Ethoshosting.com - Socially Responsible Web Hosting

There's a lot of a good VPS providers out there, you just need to find the one that BEST suit your needs.

Like others have said, just check in the "Offer" section then search for past reviews of the provider.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)

Quote Originally Posted by Ethoshostingcom View Post

They really know what they are doing. Been with them for nearly 2 months and in that time I've had 100% uptime and I suspect it will continue.

They also did my move from another VPS for me with no downtime. It was the most relaxing move ever.
    If you take a look at their whois information, they blocked their company information. Why would they do that?
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulex View Post
    If you take a look at their whois information, they blocked their company information. Why would they do that?
    That's a good question and I'm sure they wouldn't mind answering themselves.

I'm thinking it's a 1-2 man operation but I don't know that for sure. But the guy that always helps me responds to all of my emails in around 10 minutes (often on his blackberry) even at odd inconvenient times. Their technical knowledge surpasses that of any host I've worked with.
    Sean Shepard
    http://www.Ethoshosting.com - Socially Responsible Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Ethoshostingcom View Post

Sean, thank you very much for the feedback! I certainly hope your experience continues to be positive. FYI, we pay a premium to hire the best facilities in town and purchase the most stable and redundant server gear. We are also very exigent when it comes to keeping the infrastructure up and running.

Great comments like yours keep us going!

Thank you
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    [ cPanel Varnish Nginx Plugin ] - Enhance LiteSpeed and Apache Performance
    www.unixy.net - Los Angeles | Houston | Atlanta | Rotterdam
    Love to help pro bono (time permitting). joe > unixy.net

Quote Originally Posted by Wulex View Post
    VPSLux is an offshoot of UNIXy. The team is cross-pollinated and ready to handle requests from either brand. So instead of having duplicate Whois information on both vpslux.com and unixy.net, unixy.net has it all uncloaked. I hope this answers your question but if you have any additional question or comment please do ask (PM or via the portal).

Best
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    [ cPanel Varnish Nginx Plugin ] - Enhance LiteSpeed and Apache Performance
    www.unixy.net - Los Angeles | Houston | Atlanta | Rotterdam
    Love to help pro bono (time permitting). joe > unixy.net

Im sure any vps provider listed here are all great, so ill jsut add my input of a reliable vps provider ive been with and am with, which is Xygenhosting.com , very nice, stable, secure, and awsome staff always helping me with information
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

What sort of budget do you have? Any particular platform? This sort of information will help us to recommend the "best" host for you
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

budget is not alot around 40 to 60$ per month
    with windows, 2 gig ram hard drive size don't matter on a 100 mbs line bw is not to much of a matter

Just a quick note, you can look at Futurehosting as well. I have been with them since Jan 2008, the same amount of time that I have been with WHT. Coincidence? not... They are a great provider.

Knownhost and Servint have my respect as they have been very professional in every question that I have asked them, plus their reputation on the forum.

I am not pushing my provider, or the other two. Just throwing more thoughts out there for you. You cannot go wrong, in my opinion with any of the three that I have listed.

Plus, look in http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45 for deals from anyone you are looking at.
    Mike

missed the "with windows" requirement..... well.... if you ever change your mind.
    Mike

ServInt specializes in Linux (CentOS primarily), however we do offer Windows on a case by case basis. Feel free to contact our sales team and chat with them about your needs.
    Eric Morales
    Business Communications Manager
    ServInt | Like us on Facebook!
    Managed Hosting Made Better

Just be careful. You get what you pay for a lot of times.

If you found a cheap host, be sure to do your homework on the host, and ask lots of questions. Believe me, it pays off to know what you're getting into.
    In2net Network Inc. ( www.in2net.com ) : Providing Service Since 1996!
    Quick Sales Response - [email protected]
    Virtual Private Servers : VPS Hosting - Ask us about our Managed Hosting services, too!
    30-Day MoneyBack Guarantee

What's best to one customer isn't always the best to another. But there are many things every customer always wants like: no network outages, 100% cpu always available, most RAM possible, etc.

One often overlooked quality is longevity: will your host be around as long as you need their hosting services? Obviously you'll only know for sure when they go or you go.

More adventurous customers sometimes take chances and learn from the experience, you often read about it here on WHT. Go try a VPS host and let everybody here know about it!
    bigwrench

Quote Originally Posted by BenOwns View Post
    budget is not alot around 40 to 60$ per month
    with windows, 2 gig ram hard drive size don't matter on a 100 mbs line bw is not to much of a matter
    2GB Windows VPS for under $60/mo? Since you don't care too much about bandwidth/disk you might want to do some research on the top windows vps providers then contact them with your needs and see if they would be willing to roll you a custom account.

I would suggest Servint. I have always found their service to be truly amazing. Email sales and ask what price they would give you for what you want.
    --
    Rich

Best to try and get your VPS provider in a location which is as near your target market as possible. Also make sure your provider can offer both Windows 2008 Hyper-V along with either Xen or Virtuozzo.