hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Ukraine server?

Forum Jump

Ukraine server?

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Ukraine server?

any one know how to find Ukraine dedi server ?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

check tuthost.com

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

http://www.colocall.net/en/

Demonoid is hosted there.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Hello Charlies,

Welcome to WHT!

Have you tried GOOGLING for it?

||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Old

I dare say he would have. Nothing wrong with asking the specialsts here is there? Since the sites are in russian the opinion of the good WHT could carry alot of weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteMaster View Post
Hello Charlies,

Welcome to WHT!

Have you tried GOOGLING for it?

Old

thank you all,very useful info.
i did search the google,but just I dont know russian.I dont know which is better
wht is a professional site.~~~

Old

I can suggest u
http://www.server.ua/services/tariffs/
and
http://www.rx-host.net/server.php

I've used last one long long time ago (just webhosting) and they were pretty nice. If u need any help with translation, just pm me

Old
Web Hosting Master

hosting.ua can do the trick

Old
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashus View Post
hosting.ua can do the trick
I will second that. Good guys.

Old

hosting.ua

I know this thread is old, but it led me to choose hosting.ua earlier this year for my dedicated hosting.

I am now moving my server(s) away because security is not a word they understand. Two main issues:

1.) When they first delivered me my Windows server, they configured an any>any allow rule inbound from the Internet on the firewall. I would fire a junior for doing this, yet their Chief Security Officer saw no issue.

2.) This week my hosting.ua control panel username, and my full name and last home address were sent to me anonymously, along with the source of the information.... the public RIPE database. Hosting.ua, without my knowledge or consent, published my full contact details AND MY HOSTING.UA login name in plain text on a public database.

If this wasn't bad enough.... they now refuse to change my login. Apparently it is "not possible".

Looking at other IPs in the same range... they do the same for nearly all their customers. Criminal.

Their Chief Security Officer insists that this is "not a serious security problem".

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Old
I LOVE Cogent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof99 View Post
I am now moving my server(s) away because security is not a word they understand. Two main issues:

1.) When they first delivered me my Windows server, they configured an any>any allow rule inbound from the Internet on the firewall. I would fire a junior for doing this, yet their Chief Security Officer saw no issue.

2.) This week my hosting.ua control panel username, and my full name and last home address were sent to me anonymously, along with the source of the information.... the public RIPE database. Hosting.ua, without my knowledge or consent, published my full contact details AND MY HOSTING.UA login name in plain text on a public database.
1. Unmanaged server. You are responsible for securing your own server, why would they preconfigure it for you?

2. Besides the login name, this is standard and correct practice. Kudos to them for following it.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidJoe View Post
1. Unmanaged server. You are responsible for securing your own server, why would they preconfigure it for you?

2. Besides the login name, this is standard and correct practice. Kudos to them for following it.
1.) Of course I'm responsible for configuring it, but I wouldn't expect it to be handed over to me while completely open to the Internet. All ports, all sources with direct access to a Windows server public IP? You think this is acceptable? Here you go Mr Customer. Here's your Windows server. By the way, the hardware firewall allows direct access from anywhere on any port and the Windows firewall is disabled. Enjoy.

2.) Besides the login name - you mean besides 50% of the information that allows access to my account? You mean apart from that absolute howler all is well. Kudos indeed.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof99 View Post
1.) Of course I'm responsible for configuring it, but I wouldn't expect it to be handed over to me while completely open to the Internet. All ports, all sources with direct access to a Windows server public IP? You think this is acceptable? Here you go Mr Customer. Here's your Windows server. By the way, the hardware firewall allows direct access from anywhere on any port and the Windows firewall is disabled. Enjoy.
It isn't a huge issue without applications installed. While connections are clearly not blocked, only listening applications will get any traffic. I don't see that being a problem in the 30 minutes it'll take you to connect and set up your own rules.....

Quote:
Yes, that is what SWIP is... and it's entirely normal unless you opt out which some providers may or may not accept.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapadar View Post
It isn't a huge issue without applications installed. While connections are clearly not blocked, only listening applications will get any traffic. I don't see that being a problem in the 30 minutes it'll take you to connect and set up your own rules.....

Yes, that is what SWIP is... and it's entirely normal unless you opt out.
I do take your point, but I would never deliver a server to a customer in this manner (I work for a reasonably large hosting customer myself), and I wouldn't tell them to get lost if they raised it as an issue.