WiseDedi gone under??

Hi,

I've been a customer of WiseDedi for almost a month now, and just now they've suspended my account without prior notification. I tried calling their phone but it is disconnected...

Are they gone??

Their site is still up. Submit a ticket, you might get a response.
    The Vanguard Project - New Science Fiction/Fantasy novel! Check it out!

Site it still up. Try calling the number on the whois for the domain name?
    If they are gone (doubtful at this point), that was fast: Created on: 29-Apr-09
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Hrmm...I'm out of ideas. Keep trying and wait a week. If you still can't get in touch with them file a paypal claim to get your money back. About your only options at this point.

Wait a week? Wow... Are you serious?

It's up-to you. File a claim now if you want....But, they could be having a problem and it would make things worse for them to see a paypal claim right away. But again, it's up-to you.

nvm they suspended my account for vbulletin -.-; could've just notified me instead of suspension.

Hrmm...They should've notified you first....But, happy to see that you know what is going. Best of luck with your host.

-.- never thought Josh would do things this way..

Ok... I have had a beer or two...

1. Why would they suspend an account for vbulletin?
    2. Let's say there was no immediate resolution, why would someone wait a week or so for phone to become re-connected?
    Mike

yea i just lost a lot of account data due to this -.-

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedOT View Post
    I am still confused. They suspended your account because of vbulletin?

Can you expand a little bit more?
    Mike

Well, Im not gonna lie, I have a cracked version of vBulletin, and before I signed up for their service I asked them:

<[email protected]>
    to [email protected]
    date Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 8:08 PM
    subject Re: [#485] Welcome to WiseDedi
    mailed-by gmail.com

hide details Jun 19

Follow up message
    Also, do you mind if I install an unregistered version of vBulletin on the server?
    from [email protected]
    reply-to [email protected]
    to Tom Zhang <[email protected]>
    date Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 8:13 PM
    subject Re: [#485] Welcome to WiseDedi
    mailed-by wisededi.com

hide details Jun 19

Follow up message
    Hello,

According to our terms of service no, however if this is for "testing" and no reports come in we are not going to go about checking.

--
    - Hide quoted text -
    Kind Regards,
    Josh Dargie
    WiseDedi.com
    And just an hour ago:
    from [email protected]
    reply-to [email protected]
    to Tom Zhang <[email protected]>
    date Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 9:49 PM
    subject Re: [#789] DNS IP
    mailed-by wisededi.com

hide details 9:49 PM (1 hour ago)

Follow up message
    Hello,

Your account is currently suspended due to operating a illegal script (VBulletin). Please contact us with the license information to prove the account is paid for.

--
    Kind Regards,
    Josh
    WiseDedi.com

Hello,

I would be glad to explain. Our data center runs a very strict policy on DCMA notices. We received the complaint and proceeded to email the client of the issue and that there service was being suspended until confirmation that the issue will be resolved or proof of ownership.

We then suspended the service and it seems instead of replying these threads were opened instead.

So to conclude. The client was operating an illegal/warez copy of VBulletin, a DCMA came across our legal desk and the actions were taken to protect our network of servers. Since then they have confirmed its removed and they are back on line.
    Regards,
    Josh Dargie
    GreenGeeks.com
    Developer & Designer Friendly Web Hosting

They agreed to let you use it then suspend you for using it. Wow...Crappy service. But, you should not have used a cracked version every host will suspend your account for using it. (unless you use an offshore host)

EDIT:

You should have not told him he could host it then. You are at fualt as well.

Hello Romes,

I am sorry however we never allow a client to operate any kind of illegal files. We are not at fault for anything. It clearly states in our Terms of Service that this kind of service is not allowed, we would not go around that.

I have talked to Jon to confirm that this was the case. I would not be so quick to jump on anyones bandwagon because of a reply you see.
    Regards,
    Josh Dargie
    GreenGeeks.com

Well I just wanted to say WiseDedi has been a pleasure. But I am not sure why all this trouble arrises. If you wanted me to shut down vBulletin then it would've been a quick easy e-mail instead of shutting down my whole server.

But anyways, on the bright side, I didn't experience much downtime with WiseDedi. I hope they continue to be strong.

I am not trying to point fingers, just using the information provided by the OP to point out that you knew he was using it and only suspended the account after getting a report about it.

Anyways the problem is solved. Gratz on that.

Hello,

Thank you for the comments, emails are sent out 15 minutes prior to a suspension. That is all we can allow, we have a 30 minute respond window with our data center and bandwidth providers.

I hope to hear your service is running smoothly in the upcoming months as well .
    Regards,
    Josh Dargie
    GreenGeeks.com

Still drinking beer over here.....

I know that vbulletin allows you to run a copy in a test environment, which I think Wise acknowledged.

It seems... and only seems the copy of vbulletin could be accessed by the general public, which is not OK with vbulletin.

Do I need to put down the beer to understand the position of Wise?
    Mike

lol redmeds, I wish I had a beer too. Any ideas on how I can convert the vB db files to another free forums? I hate to re-write 1000 topics...

Four things...

Well I just wanted to say WiseDedi has been a pleasure. But I am not sure why all this trouble arrises. If you wanted me to shut down vBulletin then it would've been a quick easy e-mail instead of shutting down my whole server.

But anyways, on the bright side, I didn't experience much downtime with WiseDedi. I hope they continue to be strong.
    1. Never run warez/illegal material on your server.
    2. Wisededi: I'd think I'd be looking for a better upstream provider. The issue here is you didn't even allow time for the client to correct the situation. Neither did you give proper notice so he wouldn't lose data. DMCA has a time period attached to it and it isn't 30 minutes.

I can understand the customer being in the wrong and he admitted to it. Although, what if he was wrongly accused and you just suspended his account or possibly his entire business without the respect of a request to the customer. You could have simply logged into the box and disabled the site. Maybe you didn't have the password? Then you could pull the plug pending customer response. Doesn't seem you did that either. You suspended, over and done without allowing the customer to plead his case or try to rectify the situation.

3. If a company suspended my server because of one site, without notice, and wouldn't provide me a backup... We'd surely have big problems if we were truly unaware of something wrong. Which happens, we've seen this happen where accounts were hacked and the customer didn't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by romes View Post
    They agreed to let you use it then suspend you for using it. Wow...Crappy service. But, you should not have used a cracked version every host will suspend your account for using it. (unless you use an offshore host)

EDIT:

You should have not told him he could host it then. You are at fualt as well.
    Just an FYI... Warez isn't legal anywhere. Offshore or not.
    Last edited by FiberPeer; 07-17-2009 at 02:14 AM.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

Quote Originally Posted by serverorigin View Post
    Four things...

1. Never run warez/illegal material on your server.
    2. Wisededi: I'd think I'd be looking for a better upstream provider. The issue here is you didn't even allow time for the client to correct the situation. Neither did you give proper notice so he wouldn't lose data. DMCA has a time period attached to it and it isn't 30 minutes.

I can understand the customer being in the wrong and he admitted to it. Although, what if he was wrongly accused and you just suspended his account or possibly his entire business without the respect of a request to the customer. You could have simply logged into the box and disabled the site. Maybe you didn't have the password? Then you could pull the plug pending customer response. Doesn't seem you did that either. You suspended, over and done without allowing the customer to plead his case or try to rectify the situation.

3. If a company suspended my server because of one site, without notice, and wouldn't provide me a backup... We'd surely have big problems if we were truly unaware of something wrong. Which happens, we've seen this happen where accounts were hacked and the customer didn't know it.

Just an FYI... Warez isn't legal anywhere. Offshore or not.

Yea, I learned my lesson the hard way.

But from this I found a really nice vB alternative... myBB. It successfully imported my vB stuff too, minus the data loss.

Any ideas on how to protect yourself from your VPS provider cutting you off from access to the server/ access to the database?

Any ideas on how to protect yourself from your VPS provider cutting you off from access to the server/ access to the database?
    Always have a backup of your data.
    24Shells in Business Since 2003 - AS55081
    Dedicated Servers, Linux VPS Hosting, Windows VPS Hosting
    @24Shells - 24shells.net

They still wont deny that www.wisededi.com www.wisededicated.com hacked someones server and deleted all their data <<snipped>>?

216.59.251.164 - puppyfat [07/15/2009:21:11:01 -0000] "GET / HTTP/1.1" DEFERRED LOGIN whostmgrd: referrer check:

http://customer.wisededi.com/admin/s...t=533&limit=40

I have also included the times of each account deletion below:

Wed Jul 15 17:12:49 2009:REMOVE:puppyfat:root:d*************.co.uk:diningpl
    Wed Jul 15 17:13:02 2009:REMOVE:puppyfat:root:diy*****.com:d*****e
    Wed Jul 15 17:13:20 2009:REMOVE:puppyfat:root:pr**********.co.uk:h*******
    Wed Jul 15 17:13:34 2009:REMOVE:puppyfat:root:puppy********.com:mc303
    Wed Jul 15 17:20:58 2009:REMOVE:puppyfat:root:the******.com:themo******
    Wed Jul 15 17:36:28 2009:REMOVE:puppyfat:root:eze*******.com:wwwezeb
    Wed Jul 15 17:36:35 2009:REMOVE:puppyfat:root:hostrevie*****.com:wwwhost
    Wed Jul 15 17:36:45 2009:REMOVE:puppyfat:root:no1doma*******.com:wwwno1d
    Wed Jul 15 17:36:55 2009:REMOVE:puppyfat:root:wise*****.co.uk:wwwwise

It was just that one IP Address as well, which was 213.59.251.164 .

These are the requested logs and information. Please refrain from including us in any litigation or further action against

the offending party. We thank you for your cooperation.

If you require any further assistance please let us know.

We are still in discussion with their management to get to the bottom of the issue and we will let you know as soon as we have further details from them. They are conducting an internal investigation to track down who may have done this through their end.

Please await our reply on this and limit any involvement of *******.com in your future confrontations with this company

We have not heard anything about their business size or anything like that. We are giving them the professional courtesy to
    conduct an internal investigation before escalating this issue further to their ISP. Please allow us this time before making any further communications towards them

We are speaking with Josh and Jon at Wisededi and will ask them to send a formal apology to you after they accept and take ownership of their actions. We have blocked their ip address 216.59.251.164 from your shared hosting server. You may report their actions to their ISP, contact information is as follows:
    =====
    User ip address: 216.59.251.164
    http://www.execulink.ca/
    http://iptools.com/dnstools.php?tool....164&submit=Go
    =====

If you decide to prosecute or move forward with any legal actions please be respectful and leave us out of it. As we are proceding with our own litigation ourselves

<<snipped>>
    Last edited by bear; 07-30-2009 at 07:01 AM.

Sounds like this whole thing just stepped up a notch? The above post is quite serious...

Mc303, what's going on??? Wise Dedi shut down your server too??

This company is new, it was registered as an LTD company on July 2009 at Companies House England. The company consisted of:

Mods this is public domain

Josh Dashie
    Chief Executive Officer

Jon Black
    Title: Chief Executive Officer
    Main Focus: Marketing

Get to know Josh!
    (hidden links under their names, chck it
    http://wisededi.com/company/ourteam.php they will soon be removed)

Paul Millwak
    Title: Chief Operating Officer
    Main Focus:

Get to know Jon!

Steven Harrison
    Title: Chief Financial Officer

Get to know Steve!

Hannah Williams
    Title: Customer Service Manager

Earlier this month one of them, we think it was josh, hacked into my friends reseller account that was not hosted with wisededi.com (it was hosted with another company for legal reasons i cant name because they are filing charges against Josh and John) deleted all the domains and all the data which totalled 160gb, these people should not be allowed to trade or take any orders relating to trade over the internet.
    These people should be banned from every hosting forum/board there is, i will not rest untill i never see these peoples names on the internet again.

That's scary... Josh was really nice to me for the first week or two, but after that it went downhill. He stopped answer e-mails. But I heard that's because his family member got sick or something.

I decided to switch after a month with them.

Well, Im not gonna lie, I have a cracked version of vBulletin, and before I signed up for their service I asked them:
    :
    In your posted email you used the word "unregistered," not "cracked." Sounds like you are trying to mislead the host and us.

There's a difference between unregistered and cracked??? I don't care about it anymore, I'm using MyBB now. (Going back to Mc303's topic about WiseDedi now)

There's a difference between unregistered and cracked???
    Yes, I usually don't register my legit, paid-for software unless its required for support.

Hello,

Firstly, I am not affiliated with WiseDedi at this time, so once again my information is to be removed. Secondly, I would appreciate it if you stopped with "my friends"

Unless your friend used your login details:

Name: Virginia San Pedro
    Company: VSP
    Address: 16 *** ***125 *** ***
    London, W9 1UR United Kingdom
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Phone: 07**9***3*5

That is the profile from Jon, so it seems you were the client. And secondly, as I have already mentioned I am not part of WiseDedi, so remove me from your "people who attacked you". I have been forced to sell my ownership due to family matters which require my attention. I will be damned if I will let someone who has threatened the well being of people slam my name as well.
    Regards,
    Josh Dargie
    GreenGeeks.com

That's scary... Josh was really nice to me for the first week or two, but after that it went downhill. He stopped answer e-mails. But I heard that's because his family member got sick or something.

I decided to switch after a month with them.
    Josh has always been friendly, always will and always answers emails/msn/tickets. Josh is not a one man business, there are other people, Josh does take vacation.

People seem to rely on one person way to much in this world. And when something happens thats serious everyone turns angry.

I'm sorry if your response times were not quick enough DedicatedOT, Jon has assured me that all tickets going in are responded to within hour. Which has always been the policy.

For the record, I have had 2 close cousins, 1 close friend pass away in the last 60 days. I have spent time at funerals, dealing with financial issues etc... For some people are aware my father has been deemed disabled, he is unable to work, stand/sit for long periods of time, and so it left my mother to pay all everything off one persons salary. I do not live at home however I do have a younger sister that does, and for adults here you all know 1 person's wages does not feed a family of 2 let alone a family of 3. The last year I have been working crazy and finally started up WiseDedi, which I have now had to pass on due to the recent deaths, I feel my time is being stretched to thin. All income I was making has been placed toward my family after covering my essentials. So I do apologize if your service is not as great, but voice those to [email protected] Jon is a great man, who has worked in the industry for as long as I have and can look after you.
    Last edited by Josh-D; 07-30-2009 at 01:45 PM.
    Regards,
    Josh Dargie
    GreenGeeks.com

I'm really sorry to hear that Josh

I really deeply wish you well soon. Though it is easy for me to say from the sideview... I can't imagine how hard it is on you to lose people dearly. Again, I do wish you the best. You have been superb to me, at least in the beginning when family was ok.