How to choose Hosting Provider

As a hosting provider, i do give some points to choose a better hosting provider. A lot of my client move from other provider to my side due to the reason as below:

1. No phone support. Unable to contact hosting provider when emergency support needed.

2. Domain Registrant Details register under provider details. Getting troublesome when doing domain transfer or lost the domain.

3. Take longer time to solve the server down problem.

Please choose hosting provider carefully.

This is just shows how important customer service is and making sure clients are always assisted promptly. This is just a few reasons as I know there are many, many more reasons why clients leave other hosts.
    Stephanie Ostheimer
    Director of Account Management
    SingleHop Dedicated Servers

Hello,

There are many factors for the good hosting services, but the main are quality support, uptime, and provided technologies (so the customer could upgrade his hosting plan if needed).

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Windows Web hosting information and resources.

This just basic points before start choosing web hosting provider. I have some experience on this type on hosting provider before i start my hosting business. Its really really make me headache. haha

Quote Originally Posted by tnnhost View Post
    This just basic points before start choosing web hosting provider. I have some experience on this type on hosting provider before i start my hosting business. Its really really make me headache. haha
    Um. I don't really know what to say...but I just had an impression of you saying this to me on the phone. Sorry, first impressions and all. I hope that is not rude, just kind of how life is.

Uptime is our biggest thing with new clients. They complain their old providers didn't provide a stable service and that their website was always down, which is why they have left them.

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    Uptime is our biggest thing with new clients. They complain their old providers didn't provide a stable service and that their website was always down, which is why they have left them.
    I do agree with you that good uptime really will make our client stay with us. But for new user, they might not know how is our uptime before subscribe hosting package with us. I do have experience with those provider without phone support, and they really make me frustrated. Therefore, i advise new user that phone support will be the point of consideration

I would make sure that all the information on the company's website is indeed correct and updated (such as telephone number and physical address).

If they write on their website that they are a registered company, I would check that as well.

Calling them before actually buying any hosting wouldn't hurt, either.

Quote Originally Posted by enduser View Post
    Um. I don't really know what to say...but I just had an impression of you saying this to me on the phone. Sorry, first impressions and all. I hope that is not rude, just kind of how life is.
    May i know do i spoke with you on the phone? Are you my client? Mind to PM me your details?

Quote Originally Posted by tnnhost View Post
    As a hosting provider, i do give some points to choose a better hosting provider. A lot of my client move from other provider to my side due to the reason as below:

1. No phone support. Unable to contact hosting provider when emergency support needed.

2. Domain Registrant Details register under provider details. Getting troublesome when doing domain transfer or lost the domain.

3. Take longer time to solve the server down problem.

Please choose hosting provider carefully.
    I host with DreamHost and they charge extra for phone support. I have had a few issues, and used the email support. It was quick and efficient. Phone support should not be a make or break reason to use a web host or not.