Thread: HACKED

HACKED

Just moved my company from USA servers to Aus, and guess what just GOT HACKED, thankfully only client was a beta tester. http://spacioushost.com/suspended.page/
    is now what his domain redirects to. I've since decided to cease my Hosting company and work on another new idea. However I want to know if it is ILLEGAL to hack like this. Can charges be placed if traced?

Found CPANEL IP Log can't open with 64 bit OS

It's illegal to break into another computer system and change files without permission, yes.

Although chances are that nothing would be done about it unless it was a relatively high profile hack.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

Cheers fair enough

Moved > Technical & Security Issues.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Your www.spacioushost.com domain works fine here.

The reason why its a suspended.page is because your account got suspended. I think it is unsuspended now.

To answer your question: yes, it is indeed illegal to hack into the system. If you choose to pursue the hacker, check your access logs and note the IP address that is different from what you usually use.
    bikster.com - Quality Hosting. Affordable Prices.
    Providing premium quality shared and reseller cPanel/WHM hosting at low prices!
    Reseller cPanel/WHM hosting solutions that you can afford

hi Bikster reason it says suspended page is becuase hacker deleted DB, and domain automatically forwards to suspended page. Spacious main page works fine because it was not connected to WHMCS, (still setting up company).

COuld this mean a flaw in WHMCS 4.0.2

Hacking is illegal in all the sense.. But even if you get the ip there is no guarantee that the ip would be a dedicated ip of the hacker. He would have done it from a dynamic ip ... So it is better to secure your pages with proper permission ..

Yea I have proper permissions *just rechecking*.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaciousHost View Post
    COuld this mean a flaw in WHMCS 4.0.2
    It could be a flaw in any of the services or software you have installed, any part of your OS, any badly configured settings, or just about anything. Without looking through the logs and finding out what happened it's impossible to say.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

Hi all just got an email from my provider saying it was a attack using a file mshell.php.