Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Teamvps - Need reviews and comments

I am now finding cheap VPS servers and I found this company sounds good

teamvps.com

I was impressed by the "free DirectAdmin" offer, and I want to know if anyone of you had used this company?

It seems that that company is very new as they registered their domain in the March of this year, but it seems that their server(s) is really fast.

benchmark result : 550.6

( copied from bbs.idcspy.com/thread-49418-1-1.html )

Many thanks and you may give me some suggestions of similar VPS providers

Keep in mind, you pay for what you get.

I'm with AquariusStorage at the moment, and they are great.

Check out VPSRight.com, they seem like a great company.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=872142

They seem pretty cheap. Their third plan seems pretty impossible to offer on the node specs they state, for that price.
    ClanDrive Hosting | The No Fuss Webhost
    Shared & Reseller * Seattle - West Coast * LiteSpeed * cPanel * Fantastico * R1Soft * &More *
    Dedicated * Seattle - West Coast * 1-Minute Monitoring *
    VPS * NY - East Coast * OpenVZ *

Quote Originally Posted by klikli View Post
    It seems that that company is very new as they registered their domain in the March of this year, but it seems that their server(s) is really fast.
    As per their whois it is shown that Creation date: 12 May 2009. So it is a rare possibility to get a review here. They have 30 day money back guarantee in their TOS. So you can test them if you are so interested. Other wise you can opt a reliable company with proven track record. For that search tool and research will help you to decide IMO.

Their speeds may be fast, however if you want a fast connection to Asia I would find a VPS provider in the West Coast like Los Angeles or Seattle. Make sure their support is 24/7 as well since the time difference may cause some delays with responding to your tickets.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    Their servers are probably really fast because you're their first client

Just wait until they get a few more. I'm sure you will see that server slow down to a crawl. Remember, you get what you pay for.
    It never ceases to amaze me how unprofessional some "companies" are on WHT. Let me ask you, have you ever tried our service or know anything about our company? Do you know how many clients we have? I am sure the answer to these will show just how much you know.

It seems like every comment I read from you is derogatory to other companies. I am sorry if you feel the only way to compete in the market is to badmouth a company you have no firsthand knowledge about.

Unlike you, I do wish you and other companies the best. There are a lot of good companies out there and there is always room for more good companies. Our ownership has been in the hosting business since 1997 so we have seen firsthand companies grow (without having to talk bad about their competitors). Companies like Jags and Pair come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by team-vps View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how unprofessional some "companies" are on WHT. Let me ask you, have you ever tried our service or know anything about our company? Do you know how many clients we have? I am sure the answer to these will show just how much you know.

It seems like every comment I read from you is derogatory to other companies. I am sorry if you feel the only way to compete in the market is to badmouth a company you have no firsthand knowledge about.

Unlike you, I do wish you and other companies the best. There are a lot of good companies out there and there is always room for more good companies. Our ownership has been in the hosting business since 1997 so we have seen firsthand companies grow (without having to talk bad about their competitors). Companies like Jags and Pair come to mind.
    As a third party peering in, I have to say I agree. The remark was indeed a bit unprofessional, especially from a direct competitor basically assuming the worst, and making those thoughts public (and permanent). Everyone here had to have their first client to even be in business. Assuming you will pan out to be just another gross over-seller was a little uncalled for.

Sorry man.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Still using HyperVM with public access on non-secured port 8888 as stated in your FAQ. team-vps, you are aware of current securtity holes in HyperVM?

Quote Originally Posted by burger-king View Post
    Still using HyperVM with public access on non-secured port 8888 as stated in your FAQ. team-vps, you are aware of current securtity holes in HyperVM?
    Can you post some of these security holes that are unpatched?
    Last edited by mugo; 07-20-2009 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mugo View Post
    Can you post some of these security holes that are unpatched?
    Default mySQL-Passwords and maybe other security holes, which may exist and if exist, they are currently unpatched due to non-maintainer.

Quote Originally Posted by burger-king View Post
    Default mySQL-Passwords and maybe other security holes, which may exist and if exist, they are currently unpatched due to non-maintainer.
    Those are easily fixed. I mean unpatched, disclosed actual security holes.

I'm one of TeamVPS clients since 13 Juli 2009. Support is satisfied, Brian setup my account + free DirectAdmin for under 1 hour after ordered.

For me who live and stay in Indonesia, their network is fast. You can check my website in their server www.batam.web.id.

Signed up on 13th. VPS w/ DA was deployed within 3 hours. Decent prompt response.

One of the few OpenVZ providers actually had iptables configured correctly.

No downtime so far, excellent performance both on server and networks.

Have reported domain/IP to mod for verification.

Quote Originally Posted by UnixCabin View Post
    Signed up on 13th. VPS w/ DA was deployed within 3 hours. Decent prompt response.

One of the few OpenVZ providers actually had iptables configured correctly.

No downtime so far, excellent performance both on server and networks.

Have reported domain/IP to mod for verification.
    Are you a regular visitor here? I was just surprised to see you have reported the domain and IP to mods though that was your first post.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Are you a regular visitor here? I was just surprised to see you have reported the domain and IP to mods though that was your first post.
    I was wondering the same thing.

In addition, I've had all kinds of OpenVZ providers, and never had an issue with iptables. Including my own dev environments. Unless you specifically break it, or didn't setup the system correctly, it works "out of the box".
    ??

Gowing my suspicion is, young Skywalker.

To keep on topic and whatnot.

For its price, teamvps, can be considered to be one of those low-budge VPS? I think we've all seen enough that those sometimes are ran by college kids or someone without a business plan trying to make some bucks. For one, I've gone through enough of those that don't even set up iptable modules on CT0 correctly. Having to spend days, even giving them proper instructions, to get iptables working correctly within guest is frustrating.

mugo, perhaps you are paying premium for VPSs. Those providers knows what they doing. I'm just stating what I run into all the time.

Below is what I meant, most non-serious providers don't enable proper modules in CT0.

IPTABLES="ipt_REJECT ipt_tos ipt_limit ipt_multiport iptable_filter iptable_mangle ipt_TCPMSS ipt_tcpmss ipt_ttl ipt_length ipt_state"

Quote Originally Posted by mugo View Post
    I was wondering the same thing.

In addition, I've had all kinds of OpenVZ providers, and never had an issue with iptables. Including my own dev environments. Unless you specifically break it, or didn't setup the system correctly, it works "out of the box".
    ??

Gowing my suspicion is, young Skywalker.
    OpenVZ does require some tweaking to iptables module lists.
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

5ya.info host on teamvps.com

u can test it

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-RikeMedia View Post
    OpenVZ does require some tweaking to iptables module lists.
    Granted I have never done much more with iptables on a VE other than block affending networks, I've had no issues at all, and I'm definitely not paying premium

I have VPSs through multiple providers, and 3 OpenVZ / 2 Zen installs for a large corporationss dev environment, including one in my garage that I have a huge list of blocks on most of the VEs.

Maybe more intricate iptables usage would reveal a problem, but I honestly have never had an issue myself.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post

Maybe he is the few that reads the rules lol
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by team-vps View Post
    <snipped>...Let me ask you, have you ever tried our service or know anything about our company?
    I would like to know a little more about the company than what is on your web site. I see the domain is new, so tell us about the history and experience of your parent company Hosting Ventures LLC.

May I suggest you you check the TOS. (you have hosing instead of hosting)

Do you share your premises with Jumpdomain in Missouri?

Who is the founder?

You can PM if you wish.

teamvps? they're down...

Quote Originally Posted by japaneseguru View Post
    teamvps? they're down...
    What do mean? Seems to be working fine for me..

Though, I ordered a VPS around 11AM CST morning and never received any email as to when it'd be setup..and am still waiting.

you must be the only one in the world who can access their site.

Quote Originally Posted by japaneseguru View Post
    you must be the only one in the world who can access their site.
    I can access it just fine.

its working for me too. try using a proxy. Just checked. even the billing/whmcs ares is working.

I can hit it also. From 5 locations in 5 cities. FWIW.

No need to worry Teamvps, it's normally the companies who are desperate for customers who utilize their time giving bad reviews without using the companies service just to advertise what's in their signature.

Your site looks great, keep up the good work and welcome to the competition field

Reality

The fact is that the TeamVPS network was off for at least two periods at or around 11-12PM EDT. In both instances none of the sites were available. Not the multiple servers that supply my multiple VPS, not the site that hosts HyperVM, not the support site, and not the main page. The first outage was about 20 minutes and the second a little longer. This is likely a network drop since none of the servers I have access to were down or re-booted during that time. Just unreachable. In fact I checked one of the servers and it has been up for 22 days. It was not a regional DNS issue. All sites resolved perfectly. This would likely be unremarkable if not for the background fact that the network already trudges along at speeds below a typical DSL premium or cable connection. Is there perhaps an underlying network issue forcing the speed and outage problems?

On balance TeamVPS is a good provider. Support tickets are typically picked up in 2-6 hrs. The hardware appears reliable to this point. It is not yet clear how deep the staff goes and what affect a temporary support rush might have on response.

tokyomonster, subigo, gunemalli, mugo, Majester,
    above thread just proves my simple point that they're down?
    So, if you don't know what you're talking about, check your server time to time for your customers or for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by tokyomonster View Post
    Snip..
    Though, I ordered a VPS around 11AM CST morning and never received any email as to when it'd be setup..and am still waiting.
    I also placed an order yesterday, still haven't heard a thing from them 26 hours later apart from confirmation emails from paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by mylo99 View Post
    I also placed an order yesterday, still haven't heard a thing from them 26 hours later apart from confirmation emails from paypal.
    Your paypal confirmation should show their 800 number. Give them a call. This could just be an email issue

Try contacting them in their client area:

https://secure.teamvps.com/billing/
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)

Quote Originally Posted by MeToo View Post
    Your paypal confirmation should show their 800 number. Give them a call. This could just be an email issue
    Tried calling them on 800-928-3581. Answered by automated service with no voicemail option.

mmm.... folks, i'm not a customer of theirs FYI. i just gave note cos i was able to access their website.

Anyhow, i dnt knw about their internal affairs just give lil more time n see. in the mean time get your data secured asap. Just in case, and please no offense to anyone.

VPS' are affordable enough to do some testing with here and there. Was about to order one until I seen the delay some people are getting with their setup times. Might wait this one out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonVPS-Jim View Post
    Try contacting them in their client area:

https://secure.teamvps.com/billing
    Also tried that, thanks

For a cheap VPS provider, I have to tell that TeamVPS support seems fast, at least for me.

And about their downtime issue, I just had one in Sunday morning (26th July GMT+7 timezone). After that, there's no any downtime report.

I use a monitoring with 5 minutes interval at port 80 to all of my websites. So I've got detail if there's true download or a false alarm.

I will risk $8 to dip my toes in VPS.

Still it would be nice to hear from Team-vps what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by HostYourIdea View Post
    I will risk $8 to dip my toes in VPS.

Still it would be nice to hear from Team-vps what happened.
    The problem is that for established clients the service is not a toy. When you get calls or emails at random times throughout the day saying "all my email to you could not be sent It all bounced with no connection" it becomes a concern. I am not ranting against TeamVPS. I am merely saying it is not a joke to be taken lightly with any provider.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast