Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    65

    Looking for a quad core dedicated box with 100mbps unshared unmetered

    I'm looking for following specs:
    • Quad-Core CPU (Shanghai/Barcelona or Harpertown/Clovertown)
    • 4-8Gb Ram
    • 2x500gb HDD in raid 1
    • 100mbps dedicated umetered port
    • Unmanaged, I only need support if there are hardware or network problem
    • Preferably at East coast, since it is going to provide service to US and EU customers (not a requirement though)

    Budget is from $700 to $900 per month

    I already have a quote from a reputable host for $700 but more options are always welcome.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    604
    I would recommend FDCServers.net for unmetered servers, they should be able to offer you something within your budget range.

  3. #3
    Contact some hosts and ask for a quote, I'm sure it's doable, though make sure to try to test the speed before you buy.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hyderabad India
    Posts
    1,103
    budget is more than usual so you should get pretty good quality server in NJ NY

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    174
    Look around in the offers section of this forum . You will get one who can meet your requirements. Happy Shopping

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by cristibighea View Post
    Contact some hosts and ask for a quote, I'm sure it's doable, though make sure to try to test the speed before you buy.
    I did, most of them answered with sky high prices absolutely out of my budget so i decided to ask here for more suggestions.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Superior, CO, USA
    Posts
    633
    I use Core Networks. They have a Quad core 8GB machine for $169/month. This is not a raid system but I know that they can do it as it was one of my questions when I signed up for their service. 100Mbps costs another $10/month. This is, however, in Michigan.
    Need Java help? Want to help people who do? Sit down with a cup of Java at the hotjoe forums.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ashburn VA, San Diego CA
    Posts
    4,571
    Quote Originally Posted by stdunbar View Post
    I use Core Networks. They have a Quad core 8GB machine for $169/month. This is not a raid system but I know that they can do it as it was one of my questions when I signed up for their service. 100Mbps costs another $10/month. This is, however, in Michigan.
    Sorry, $169 isn't going to give you dedicated unmetered 100Mbps bandwidth (32tb each way). I think the OP's budget is pretty much in line with reality, and he shouldn't have any issues if he goes with a host specializing in dedicated (non shared) bandwidth.
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | Fully Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    6,456
    Which part of east coast do you want? North (ie NYC) or South (ie Miami)?

    What are you doing with it, streaming?
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

    Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,552
    Quote Originally Posted by lamnk View Post
    I'm looking for following specs:
    • Quad-Core CPU (Shanghai/Barcelona or Harpertown/Clovertown)
    • 4-8Gb Ram
    • 2x500gb HDD in raid 1
    • 100mbps dedicated umetered port
    • Unmanaged, I only need support if there are hardware or network problem
    • Preferably at East coast, since it is going to provide service to US and EU customers (not a requirement though)

    Budget is from $700 to $900 per month

    I already have a quote from a reputable host for $700 but more options are always welcome.
    You can try netdepot, they offer true dedicated bandwidth for a reasonable price. They would fit well within your budget. I do not believe they offer Shangai's though, they're all Intel.
    Last edited by Jacob Wall; 07-16-2009 at 01:07 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brexit Island
    Posts
    2,821

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    the hot aisle
    Posts
    557
    How flexible is your processor requirement?

    More often than not Harpertowns and Clovertowns are implemented in a dual processor configuration. If you're alright with something that benchmarks similar, some providers might be able to provide a very similar product without the custom hardware order - which can save you money.
    BudgetVM - The Virtualization Experts
    Mike Gazzerro, Account Manager
    Chicago, Miami, Dallas, Los Angeles
    Wholly owned by Enzu Inc., an Inc500 Company.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brexit Island
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgmike View Post
    How flexible is your processor requirement?

    More often than not Harpertowns and Clovertowns are implemented in a dual processor configuration. If you're alright with something that benchmarks similar, some providers might be able to provide a very similar product without the custom hardware order - which can save you money.
    Oh, going to chime in and say Ubiquity are good also

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    242
    It'll be easy to find something, your budget is right on the money
    Jon Stephenson

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    428
    It seems as if Choopa.com would be perfect for you. Located in Newark,NJ in Level3s datacenter.
    GetCloudHosting.com - Looking for HOT deals on cloud hosting services? We post 5 of the hottest deals every day! -> Click Here <-

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington, D.C. Area
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by CompuSite View Post
    It'll be easy to find something, your budget is right on the money
    Yeah, your budget is right in line with reality as Fast-Serv and Jon said. I would recommend looking at the unmetered options on 10tb.com which will give you a server at Softlayer.
    Last edited by slable; 07-16-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Typo
    Karl Stallknecht
    Slable :: powerful solutions. right price.
    Hosting | I.T. Solutions | Voice :: Cloud Telecom | Entertainment
    Phone: (703) 445-3391

Similar Threads

  1. Quad-Core full 100mbps unmetered $749.00/mo
    By adult100mbps in forum Dedicated Hosting Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 08:40 PM
  2. FDC 100Mbps Unmetered Quad-Core 8G RAM 1T SPACE - $269/m
    By CNSERVERS in forum Dedicated Hosting Offers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 02:14 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 10:41 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 04:09 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 08:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •