Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Review] IGSoBE

Thumbs down [Review] IGSoBE

So, seeing a special for 80% off of $137.95/month caught my eye. I know they say don't go with the cheapest host, but for that kind of price, how could you go wrong?

The dedicated server was setup fairly quickly, and I had no problems the first month. A few days prior to the billing date I had found a cheaper server as I thought $137.95 for the server I purchased was kind of expensive. I submitted a cancellation request.

Here's the mistake -- I forgot to cancel the subscription (my fault).

Checked PayPal, there it was, billed for $137.95.

I have tried over the past three weeks contacting IGSoBE many times trying to get a refund. Got nothing so far.

I'd also like to mention over the past few weeks the server has NOT been up whatsoever.

Hoping I can get some answers from John & my $140 back!
      0 Not allowed!

I'd also like to mention over the past few weeks the server has NOT been up whatsoever.
    How long have you had the server? You mentioned that the first month was good and you did not have any problems, and now you are unable to even access the server?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityJJ View Post
    How long have you had the server? You mentioned that the first month was good and you did not have any problems, and now you are unable to even access the server?
    It's because he canceled and his server was reclaimed. He forgot to cancel the paypal sub and wants his money back, which is his fault imo. He's waiting for John to refund him.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    It's because he canceled and his server was reclaimed. He forgot to cancel the paypal sub and wants his money back, which is his fault imo. He's waiting for John to refund him.
    I'll fully admit it's my fault, though that's no excuse for IGSoBE to ignore me as they have been doing for the past 3 weeks.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for clearing that up.
      0 Not allowed!

In the lasst weeks igsobe is devenitively having problems with the support. Sometimes is very difficult to obtain an answer.
    Good luck
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah, only time will tell unfortunately...
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Winstar - I prefer to call the past week one of "challenge", although your wording of difficult is certainly appropriate. We've been upgrading our network (and all customers) from 100MB ports to 1 GB ports and putting all customers on their own VLAN for security and performance. This has taken a lot more man-hours than we thought it would, but the result will be worth it. I'll be the first to admit that some emails and such have slipped through the cracks, and that's something we'll be working on to prevent in the future.

Re: Patrick, I'm unable to assist you further. Our Terms of Service are extremely explicit when mentioning that we are unable to refund Paypal payments. In your case, there's also a matter of CPanel licensing which we also paid for you.

As I recall, the day after you purchased your server, you mentioned something about a refund due to job loss but ended up keeping the server. In the past month, you've disputed your subscription with Paypal (falsely stating that you had never received the product), and issued threats that you'd be posting this on message boards.

As our customer, you're welcome to do all of the above, we believe in freedom of speech. Unfortunately, when you mentioned that you are getting an attorney to review the case and will be taking us to court, I am unable to assist you further, and my role is only to forward your emails to our legal team (contracted law firm). That's a procedure we have in place to protect ourselves from frivolous lawsuits, and to allow us to focus on our customers, not courtroom visits.

Regarding your server, I know that it's still active (as I saw it tagged with your name) just today when at the data center, therefore it should still be online. I'll check it out at the console ASAP and see why it's not functional. We firmly believe in giving people what they pay for and your server should be functional despite the cancellation.

I'm sorry that you feel the need to take this matter to court, to Paypal, and to message boards to try to cause a loss of business (especially given the amount), but I wish you the best of luck and I apologize that your experience was not a better one.
    Last edited by jcy1978; 07-18-2009 at 03:42 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jcy1978 View Post
    Re: Winstar - I prefer to call the past week one of "challenge", although your wording of difficult is certainly appropriate. We've been upgrading our network (and all customers) from 100MB ports to 1 GB ports and putting all customers on their own VLAN for security and performance. This has taken a lot more man-hours than we thought it would, but the result will be worth it. I'll be the first to admit that some emails and such have slipped through the cracks, and that's something we'll be working on to prevent in the future.

Re: Patrick, I'm unable to assist you further. Our Terms of Service are extremely explicit when mentioning that we are unable to refund Paypal payments. In your case, there's also a matter of CPanel licensing which we also paid for you.

As I recall, the day after you purchased your server, you mentioned something about a refund due to job loss but ended up keeping the server. In the past month, you've disputed your subscription with Paypal (falsely stating that you had never received the product), and issued threats that you'd be posting this on message boards.

As our customer, you're welcome to do all of the above, we believe in freedom of speech. Unfortunately, when you mentioned that you are getting an attorney to review the case and will be taking us to court, I am unable to assist you further, and my role is only to forward your emails to our legal team (contracted law firm). That's a procedure we have in place to protect ourselves from frivolous lawsuits, and to allow us to focus on our customers, not courtroom visits.

Regarding your server, I know that it's still active (as I saw it tagged with your name) just today when at the data center, therefore it should still be online. I'll check it out at the console ASAP and see why it's not functional. We firmly believe in giving people what they pay for and your server should be functional despite the cancellation.

I'm sorry that you feel the need to take this matter to court, to Paypal, and to message boards to try to cause a loss of business (especially given the amount), but I wish you the best of luck and I apologize that your experience was not a better one.
    John,

I'm not sure we're on the same page here. I've tried connecting to the server via SSH various times with no luck. Also, I have no need for the server, hence why I submitted a cancellation request nearly a month ago. All I'm asking for now is a refund because I made a mistake in not cancelling the PayPal subscription. I haven't touched the server in over a month because I haven't needed it whatsoever.

Regarding the threats, they were hardly that. I did mention posting my concern over here, simply because you had not been responding to my other emails.

I could care less whether the server has been up/down whatever - even though I haven't been able to access it. I submitted a cancellation request and that should have been fulfilled.
      0 Not allowed!

This happens when a host only wants your money.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjørn-Erik Hansen View Post
    John has no reason to take his money, it's the fact the customer was threatening to take them into a lawsuit and already disputes with Paypal making false statements. Imo, you took it to paypal and you lied, you shouldn't get your money. If you were honest in the paypal dispute I think John would of been more willing to give you a refund.
      0 Not allowed!

What would you do ? Go another 3 weeks with no answers ?
      0 Not allowed!

John has no reason to take his money, it's the fact the customer was threatening to take them into a lawsuit and already disputes with Paypal making false statements. Imo, you took it to paypal and you lied, you shouldn't get your money. If you were honest in the paypal dispute I think John would of been more willing to give you a refund.
    I disputed with PayPal that I had not received my server; because it was, in fact, not up after I had submitted the cancellation request.

I didn't threaten a lawsuit, I merely mentioned that I would speak to my lawyer if John continued to ignore me. I just find it funny how every email I wrote to IGSoBE "got lost".

It seems John is just trying to make a quick buck...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjørn-Erik Hansen View Post
    I'll only make the assumption that you're running a free service to show the rest of us how it's done - may I ask the URL and Terms of Service?

I've seen numerous anti-IGSOBE posts by you, care to explain why you purchased an axe to grind?
    Last edited by jcy1978; 07-18-2009 at 02:20 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pb09 View Post
    I disputed with PayPal that I had not received my server; because it was, in fact, not up after I had submitted the cancellation request.

I didn't threaten a lawsuit, I merely mentioned that I would speak to my lawyer if John continued to ignore me. I just find it funny how every email I wrote to IGSoBE "got lost".

It seems John is just trying to make a quick buck...
    Your Paypal dispute stated that you had not received the product, period. They do not have an option to specify when you had not received the product. If disputes could specify a date not received, we'd start to see Paypal disputes whenever a server is inaccessible, no matter the reason.

Although your original message stated that you had no problem with your service for the first month (and we appreciate your honesty, despite the current situation), you're now stating you have not used it for a month. Unfortunately, we still allocate a server, rack space, IP allocations, space in our data center, electricity, CPanel License, etc.

I'm more than happy to either assist you with your server or work with your attorney to get in touch with our legal team, whichever you prefer.
      0 Not allowed!

I used it for the FIRST month, I did not use it after I had submitted the cancellation request.

A "Cancellation Request" means that you wish to have the server canceled, and I had no intention of using it after that, nor DID I use it after that. That's why I want my money back...

I don't want the money back for the first month. I want the money back for the month after the Cancellation Request was submitted, as if the cancellation request was not fulfilled then that's your fault, not mine...

(especially given the amount)
    If it's such a small amount of money, why are you then trying to avoid issuing a refund? Refunding it is probably the easiest way out of this.
    Last edited by pb09; 07-18-2009 at 02:34 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Actually - you know what I just noticed? You seem to recall everything I said in those emails, so apparently they didn't get lost. I guess you just decided to ignore them.

John - if you'd like to settle it over AIM, please add me, my AIM is "p1corp". Though you seem to be ignoring me there as well whenever you're on.
    Last edited by pb09; 07-18-2009 at 02:56 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Your Paypal dispute stated that you had not received the product, period. They do not have an option to specify when you had not received the product. If disputes could specify a date not received, we'd start to see Paypal disputes whenever a server is inaccessible, no matter the reason.

Although your original message stated that you had no problem with your service for the first month (and we appreciate your honesty, despite the current situation), you're now stating you have not used it for a month. Unfortunately, we still allocate a server, rack space, IP allocations, space in our data center, electricity, CPanel License, etc.

I'm more than happy to either assist you with your server or work with your attorney to get in touch with our legal team, whichever you prefer.
    if he cancled the server at corrected time,then why you not closed that server in proper time
      0 Not allowed!

By "way out of this" I'm assuming you're referring to making exceptions to the Terms of Service agreement that's written as clearly as we can make it. Unfortunately, we're unable to make exceptions to that agreement. If we did, we'd be hosting direct downloads of everything in IMDB's top 10 right now, and not be able to change that, as we made an exception for you. I understand that (as promised), you've posted about your concern in a public forum, and your time and feedback is appreciated.

That being said, if you feel it's necessary, I can send you additional information as it relates to our contacting our legal staff, just let me know. And while I don't agree with it, I'd be happy I'll get you in touch with the right people so you can take the next step on your list.
    Last edited by jcy1978; 07-18-2009 at 04:28 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

What exceptions are you talking about?

I canceled a server, and I was still billed for it, and all I'm trying to do is get a refund pertaining to that mistake on my part.

Your just trying to play games...

John -- let me rephrase.

I canceled a server - and I forgot to cancel the subscription. I was still billed for it. I have no need for the server, nor has it been up the past month. You have not provided a service for the past month. That is why I think I'm owed a refund, and I'm sure many people here will agree.
    Last edited by pb09; 07-18-2009 at 04:36 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Here's a cut & paste from our Terms of Service agreement:

IMPORTANT WARNING: We CANNOT refund payments made via PayPal no matter what!

Therefore, if it's game playing for that condition to be ignored, then it's grounds for folks to to ignore conditions such as the following:

Network disruptions and unfriendly activity: Use of the IGSobe Network service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use IGSobe Network Services or the Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DOS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment is prohibited. It is the Member's responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Subscriber may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Subscriber may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner. Unauthorized entry and/or use of another company and/or individual's computer system will result in immediate account termination. IGSobe Network will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback and apologize that your experience was not a better one. Also once again, If you'd like me to look into the issue with your server being offline, or if you need the contact information for our legal staff, please let me know.
      0 Not allowed!

Oh, ok.

So basically it's a "Screw you, we aren't refunding you even though we also didn't provide the service, because we want to steal your money."

I see...

Keep your $137.95. Keep the server you didn't provide.

I hope any potential customers see this and change their mind about buying from a shady business such as IGSoBE, because they'll regret it as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Oh, ok.

So basically it's a "Screw you, we aren't refunding you even though we also didn't provide the service."

I see...

Keep your $137.95. Keep the server you didn't provide.

I hope any potential customers see this and change their mind about buying from IGSoBE, because they'll regret it as well.
    It's still your fault for not canceling the subscription.

Did they ever acknowledge the cancellation request? If they never acknowledged the cancellation request your refund would be null and void, which is what it sounds like right now.
      0 Not allowed!

It's still your fault for not canceling the subscription.

Did they ever acknowledge the cancellation request? If they never acknowledged the cancellation request your refund would be null and void, which is what it sounds like right now.
    Not sure as to whether they acknowledged it or not, but my server hasn't been up for a month. So it sounds like they acknowledged it.
      0 Not allowed!

Not sure as to whether they acknowledged it or not, but my server hasn't been up for a month. So it sounds like they acknowledged it.
    Maybe your server went down? Servers sometimes go down and John acknowledged seeing your server on the DC floor. I do not think John's going to lie over $130.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast