Website Conversion RAtes

What kind of conversion rates does everyone have ? As I would love some insight in this.

Thanks

This is going to vary wildly and people are going to be very hesitant to share this info.

And if you do get this info you need to make a base to build off of, so if you are using google analytics you need to make a filter and only compare conversion rates of people who stay more than say 10 seconds on your site and view more than one page. Once you have a base to compare to other hosts it is possible. You also need to have probably more than 10 signups a day so that spikes don't really change the %.

Thanks, Ben
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

I see an average of about 3%

It really depends. If you aren't pre-selling your service before you send them to your site, you are going to have a considerably lower conversion rate.

However, with the proper pre-sell you could easily double or even triple your results.

I would say a decent conversion with a decent pre-sell should be no more than 1 out of every 100 visits. However, I am sure there are hosts with 1:30 conversion if they have a good selling point.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

It depends on what kind of visitors you are getting. Where do you gain your traffic from? If you're using highly targeted marketing approach, you would get a much better conversion rate than when you are targeting broad general audience.

It would also be better if you can focus your business into a specific niche within the industry rather than offering web hosting in general.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

As others said it depends on your traffic. If you are getting alot of direct visitors it will be hire then a ppc site.
    Andrew Anderson
    Sales Manager
    NerdyHost.com

I think if you're achieving over 1% conversion on over-all traffic - you're onto a winner.
    Bannaz™ | Amazing Banner Ad Designer!
    Need banners? Visit our Website
    New Facebook Banner Ads! Bannaz.com/facebook

Personally we don't really monitor conversion rates I have never really seen the need.
    We do have figures of hits and sales... although I would expect most of the hits are going to be current clients.
    The monthly amount of clients that sign up compared to our marketing budget is perfect so we don't really see the need for gathering specific statistics.
    I may look into doing it though out of person curiosity.
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

Quote Originally Posted by ZanyHost View Post
    Personally we don't really monitor conversion rates I have never really seen the need.
    We do have figures of hits and sales... although I would expect most of the hits are going to be current clients.
    The monthly amount of clients that sign up compared to our marketing budget is perfect so we don't really see the need for gathering specific statistics.
    I may look into doing it though out of person curiosity.

You could be missing out on a lot of business. Just a simple increase from 1% to 2% will DOUBLE your business.

Think about that. The same traffic, yet twice the amount of sign ups. Imagine if you can get it up to 5% conversion rate, which is definitely possible with the right traffic and the right sales letter.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

My non hosting site highest conversion rate is about 0.6% total out of Adwords. But my campaign that targeted English nation like U.S, Aus, NZ, Canada about 3% to 6%.