PayPal/Credit Card Payments

I was wondering this,
    A LOT of webhosts in today's world offer both PayPal and Credit Card; even though you need a credit card for PayPal.

Isn't accepting paypal JUST the same as accepting Credit Cards only they are paying through PayPal RATHER than say 2CheckOut, ReveCom or HostCharge?

PayPal offers more options than credit card payment processing, i.e., payments via checking account.

Anay,

Since you live In GB you'll need a valid creditcard before you can use paypal.

However if you live in the US you can just transfer money from your bankaccount to your paypal account. No creditcard needed

Ah, but aren't a lot of people reluctent to use PayPal for some odd reason? (why are they more reluctent to go with PayPal than a third party cc processor such as revecom or 2checkout?)

Yeah, when I was living in GB I used PayPal and had a valid credit card on it, although now I've moved to France and of course have put a french one on it, although my bank is real slow with my statements so it isn't activated totally (my new card on the paypal account) so I still have the GB card on there which is activated.

--So really, wouldn't it be "somewhat" better to use PayPal than a CC Processor if you're wanting to accept payments in USD, GBP or EUR? -I'm not sure now since I have not signed up for another account, but when I first signed up you had to live in a country which paypal accepted, so isn't really then CC processors used for companies aimed at not ONLY people in the EU or US?