Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HostGator or GoDaddy?

Hey all,

I was just researching about web hosting and came to know this forum. I read a lot in this forum. But now i have decided to either go with Go Daddy or Host Gator. Can someone help me out please.

Well, my website is basically going to have lot of texts, pictures music and video clips.
    -I'm basically going to be putting history of a country for now
    -able to play music while on the site.
    -in the future, i am planing on starting more sites, a forum, and just normal personal sites.

-budget is $5-$15per month
    I'm new to this, so any help would be appreciated. Sorry if am not clear with anything.

I personally have not used either of their services but I have heard more good about Host Gator than Go Daddy.

What made you pick those 2 companies more than any other? was it features or price etc?

I don't want to make up your mind for you, however I would search for godaddy and read some of the recent reviews
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.

go to www.hostatree.com they have great service and cheap!

My short (so far) experience with Godaddy suggests that the evolution isn't an encouraging one. Some load bursts (the most recent one seems to have reached values of 80) resulting in applications to take tens of seconds to run. This is just the first 20 days though, maybe things will stabilize in time.

Quote Originally Posted by FastLane_Lancer View Post
    Hey all,

I was just researching about web hosting and came to know this forum. I read a lot in this forum. But now i have decided to either go with Go Daddy or Host Gator. Can someone help me out please.

Well, my website is basically going to have lot of texts, pictures music and video clips.
    -I'm basically going to be putting history of a country for now
    -able to play music while on the site.
    -in the future, i am planing on starting more sites, a forum, and just normal personal sites.

-budget is $5-$15per month
    I'm new to this, so any help would be appreciated. Sorry if am not clear with anything.
    Hostgator all the way, I used them to host my company website off-site and they're great

it could sound like an stupid question, but i see that with HostGator, they currently have Linux web hosting only, does that mean If i know Linux, it would be easier?? or it doesn't matter ?

it could sound like an stupid question, but i see that with HostGator, they currently have Linux web hosting only, does that mean If i know Linux, it would be easier?? or it doesn't matter ?
    You won't have access to the server, so it doesn't matter. I would say 99.9% of web servers are Linux based.

Hostgator uses cPanel, which is a web based control panel, it's super simple to use

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    You won't have access to the server, so it doesn't matter. I would say 99.9% of web servers are Linux based.

Hostgator uses cPanel, which is a web based control panel, it's super simple to use
    that's good to know. So it would be basically like Windows interface? I hope its easy . I'm asking all these questions because I'm new to web hostings. Thanks for your help everyone

go hostgator i have been with most host and hostgator gives you better bang for a more little buck.

or it doesn't matter ?
    For the vast majority of users, it doesn't really matter. If you plan to use Windows specific stuff (say ASP.NET), then Windows would become a necessity.

that's good to know. So it would be basically like Windows interface? I hope its easy . I'm asking all these questions because I'm new to web hostings. Thanks for your help everyone
    http://x3demob.cpx3demo.com:2082/log...b&pass=x3demob

when they say addon domins is unlimited with the Baby plan, do they mean I i buy one domain, then under than i can make multiple domains without paying for them??

when they say addon domins is unlimited with the Baby plan, do they mean I i buy one domain, then under than i can make multiple domains without paying for them??
    That means you can host all your domains, on one account.

oh, but i would have to pay seperate for each domain? for examaple they change 15$ for a .com domain. so if i want to host two sites, then I will have to pay 30$ but I would be able to host it under same account and share the storage and all..??

oh, but i would have to pay seperate for each domain? for examaple they change 15$ for a .com domain. so if i want to host two sites, then I will have to pay 30$ but I would be able to host it under same account and share the storage and all..??
    You should buy a domain @ Namecheap it's only 8.81 per/domain with the coupon code "interface"

You can host all your domains on one hosting account

thanks a lot for your help Jacob-wall. but 8.91at namecheap and GoDaddy 9.99 and host gator is just 15 per yr . so just few dollars differents. I'm not going to be hosting a lot of domains for now may b 2 or 3 for now. So i wouldn't mind paying few more dollars per year if its for good. whats the best one to host the domain? and wouldnt it be better to host it with Host gator?

thanks a lot for your help Jacob-wall. but 8.91at namecheap and GoDaddy 9.99 and host gator is just 15 per yr . so just few dollars differents. I'm not going to be hosting a lot of domains for now may b 2 or 3 for now. So i wouldn't mind paying few more dollars per year if its for good. whats the best one to host the domain? and wouldnt it be better to host it with Host gator?
    Lancer, you can buy your domains elsewhere and host your domains at another place. For example, I have domains through namecheap and I could host them through hostgator, innohosting, or anywhere I wanted.

hmm ok. so if i got the domain at namecheap then it wouldnt have any effect on my actual website? also i would want to hide my whois info and make it private. does namespace have that feature and if you know, how much?

hmm ok. so if i got the domain at namecheap then it wouldnt have any effect on my actual website? also i would want to hide my whois info and make it private. does namespace have that feature and if you know, how much?
    It will have zero effect on your website if you register a domain at namecheap, godaddy, or at hostgator.

Namecheap offers whois protection for free, they also give you a free SSL certificate. Just FYI hostgator charges $10 for hte installation of a SSL Certificate, but I doubt you'll need a SSL anyways.

aite nice to know . i learned a lot from you Jacob well then i guess i'll go with web hosting and namecheap for domain since they give whois protection for free . Thank you .

aite nice to know . i learned a lot from you Jacob well then i guess i'll go with web hosting and namecheap for domain since they give whois protection for free . Thank you .
    No problem

If you have other questions later on down the road feel free to PM me.

well i guess the whois protection is just free for 1 yr and then $2.88 after that per year. still better.

I prefer namecheap for domain registration over godaddy. In fact I've been transferring domains over from godaddy to namecheap instead of renewing them with godaddy.
    Review Hell - Brutally Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Helpful Web Hosting Advice
    Web Hosting Guide - Easy to Understand For Newbies

I'd go HostGator... I've used them before, they were great and support was outstanding
    Jon Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by micksss View Post
    I prefer namecheap for domain registration over godaddy. In fact I've been transferring domains over from godaddy to namecheap instead of renewing them with godaddy.
    I really like namecheap because of the free SSL, real live support(even though they are in the ukraine), and free whois protection

All for $8.81, you can't beat it.

Ive also heard more good about hostgator then godaddy, so best of luck!
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

Yea i also use godaddy and namecheap, i like namecheap as well used them for 10+ years
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

I like both but I like GoDaddys ads

HostGator all the way in my opinion. They got lots of plans to choose from.

I've never tryed GoDaddy, Hostgator have very good support

I read lot of good reviews about HostGator so I'm planing on sticking up with HostGator for WebHosting, and namecheap for domain.

GoDaddy is good for domains and DNS. HG all the way for your hosting.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

GoDaddy has slow control panel (that is what I have heard)

Quote Originally Posted by hostbite View Post
    GoDaddy has slow control panel (that is what I have heard)
    Used the DNS control panel for years, it's actually quite fast for me. Very powerful options, also, everything I've ever needed in a non-failover DNS solution.
    WSM Domains...now THEY have a slow control panel.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

If do you have your domains registered with godaddy, its Better u choose Hostgator or other hosting company, search Godaddy reviews of domains/hosting users.
    Stewart Dominios - Domains, news And technology
    Web Page Design - Flash, Php, Mysql, Database, shopping cart, peruvian domains
    █ Personalized Systems - Dns - Server management - Domain registration - Spanish Support
    █ Ca Nogales 636 - Lima Tf: +511 - 997709259

Personally, I use GoDaddy on a daily basis.. I really am not a fan of the interface however.

Hostgator, hands down.
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

I have used both Hostgator and GoDaddy in the past and while GD is ok for domains I would take HG for their network, customer service and use of cPanel. Personally I think Godaddy's control panel is a pain and their servers are not the best always. Probably my biggest issue is the fact they hit you with a ton of ads before you get your order done.

As for domains Namecheap is easy to use and well priced. I have a few domains with them, but for most of my domains I use Dynadot. Personally feel that it is the easiest to use control panel system.
    Hostnetric.com - Specializing in web hosting for small business owners.
    Cheap SSL Certificates - Low cost SSL Certificate Solutions.

HG anytime over Godaddy
    Antonis Adamakos @ FuzzFree :: Fully Managed Web Hosting, Development, Online Marketing

GoDaddy is HORRIBLE. HostGator is by far no comparison. WAY better company!
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast