Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    give me an order link(Q9550, 8GB RAM, 3x1TB HDD with raid 5, Unmanged, 50Mb Unmetered, 30 IPs)

Talking Order link

Someone will get that for you on Monday.
    WANSecurity – Dedicated & VPS, Colocation, Application & Web Development, E-Commerce, Network Monitoring, and Blended Top Tier Internet Services in America, Europe, and Asia. Visit our site
    Email sales@wansec.comfor a custom quote
    WANSecurity has the Best Support, Fastest Servers, Most Bandwidth and Lowest Cost of Ownership - Guaranteed

How long the server setup?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by tongsite View Post
    How long the server setup?
    Typically less than 24 hours but we do not have the case in chassis in stock that holds more than 2 drives. We can get them in fairly quickly however.
    WANSecurity – Dedicated & VPS, Colocation, Application & Web Development, E-Commerce, Network Monitoring, and Blended Top Tier Internet Services in America, Europe, and Asia. Visit our site
    WANSecurity has the Best Support, Fastest Servers, Most Bandwidth and Lowest Cost of Ownership - Guaranteed

Quote Originally Posted by wansecurity View Post
    We have POPs at 600 w. 7th, and 1 Willshire in LA, 324 E. 11th (ATT Building) in KC, and Miyazakidai, in Tokyo.

At any of these datacenters, we have several gigs of peering capacity, and you'd definitely be able to push 50 megs. We guarantee it. We cannot offer the same pricing in Tokyo however. Please contact sales.

We own all of our own equipment. This includes all of our core l3 switches down to the machine that you'll be hosting on.
    I'm getting 100Mbps from your LA DC test, from my servers @ Willshire. I guess such high speed since they are within same DC. However, I'm maxing out around 10Mbps from your LA DC, from my servers @ Chicago.

I'm getting around 50Mbps from your KC DC, from my servers @ Willshire. Maxing blistering 100Mbps from my servers @ Chicago!!!

As of now, your KC seems to be a better option for me. How are the connections from your KC DC to Asia & Euro countries? What backbones at your KC location?

Is there specific IP @ your KC DC I can run tests? I need to test out from Asia countries. Or IP 208.110.90.130 (http://kc.speedtest.wansecurity.com/) will do?

Also, can you PM me the price for following spec? Monthly... Thanks!

Q9550
    8GB RAM
    4x500GB 32MB Cache on HW RAID-10 (which RAID controller?)
    Unmanged
    50Mb Unmetered
    /27 IPs (justification can be given.)
    Last edited by quad3datwork; 07-28-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Need KC DC IP for test.
    SysAdmin.xyz
    Having severs with customer data on it without proper monitoring is like having one night stand without using protections - eventually, there will be an 'oh s**t!' moment.

I also submitted some additional questions via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quad3datwork View Post
    I'm getting 100Mbps from your LA DC test, from my servers @ Willshire. I guess such high speed since they are within same DC. However, I'm maxing out around 10Mbps from your LA DC, from my servers @ Chicago.

I'm getting around 50Mbps from your KC DC, from my servers @ Willshire. Maxing blistering 100Mbps from my servers @ Chicago!!!

As of now, your KC seems to be a better option for me. How are the connections from your KC DC to Asia & Euro countries? What backbones at your KC location?

Is there specific IP @ your KC DC I can run tests? I need to test out from Asia countries. Or IP 208.110.90.130 (http://kc.speedtest.wansecurity.com/) will do?

Also, can you PM me the price for following spec? Monthly... Thanks!

Q9550
    8GB RAM
    4x500GB 32MB Cache on HW RAID-10 (which RAID controller?)
    Unmanged
    50Mb Unmetered
    /27 IPs (justification can be given.)
    Sure the .130 address is fine.

It may sound bad, but we push all of our Euro traffic over Cogent. Actually it works out better than using level 3. See: http://www.fixedorbit.com/stats.htm

We're working on bringing up an MPLS circuit between our KC and LA facilities, but until then if having super low latency to Asia Pac is your goal, we'd suggest the LA facility. If good bandwidth is the goal then you can use either facility.

Current monitors show an average of 117.5ms from LA to Tokyo pop, and 147.3ms from KC to Tokyo pop both with a 2ms variance.

If you have a specific customer that you need to get a lot of bandwidth to, we may be able to tickle the routing a little to help things out.

Which MPLS provider you guys plan to use? I've dealt with Sprint before. Just wondering...
    SysAdmin.xyz
    Having severs with customer data on it without proper monitoring is like having one night stand without using protections - eventually, there will be an 'oh s**t!' moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12