Clientexec or WHMCS

What do you use? What would you use?

I'm interested in what people think of clientexec or WHMCS. I am thinking of starting up something else soon and would like to know which is more powerful.

Thanks!
    The MonkeyPC - cPanel webhosting that's vibrant and high in quality. Just say hello to The Monkey!

WHMCS is more powerful, however there is such a thing as being "to powerful" and ClientExec may work just fine for you. I can guarantee you most people will come in here and recommend WHMCS. I personally think however that ClientExec and WHMCS are very close, and for a "smaller" hosting provider who doesn't really intend to grow into the hundreds of clients range, ClientExec should work perfectly for you. They both accomplish the same thing: automation, billing, and support.

ClientExec is usually given away for free by most reseller hosting providers. A few give WHMCS away for free as well, but on average you will find their prices to be a bit higher then the providers giving away ClientExec with the package.

My vote goes to WHMCS if you intend to grow/have the funds to grow your hosting company to be rather large. ClientExec if you want to save a few dollars, and plan on keeping your hosting company "smaller" and only dealing with shared/reseller hosting. ClientExec is simple, and it just "works", like it really does. Can I change my vote? Really it depends on the situation. ClientExec does the job well. Most of the people who come in here and blindly recommend WHMCS probably have never tried ClientExec, nor been following the recent security issues with WHMCS.
    Last edited by AquariusStorage; 07-14-2009 at 06:02 PM.

It depends on your needs and what features do you need.

We use Clientexec and we are happy for it. It is simple and can do the job well.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

As Aquarius said most people are going to priase WHMCS. I've never used ClientExec so I can't comment on them but I do use WHMCS. WHMCS has it's problems, and the one that really grinded my gears a while ago was when WHMCS would create invoices way to early for some clients, or not invoice some clients at all. Sometimes it would move their billing date years in advance so they would never be billed. I haven't seen it happen lately, but if it happens again I am definitely going to move to another billing system.

WHMCS is the best, easy to integrate and very powerful.
    MADE IN MOROCCO.

HOSTOWEB.COM - First Morocco Data Center - Morocco Based VPS & Dedicated Servers - .MA Domains Registrar

WHMCS is the best. So here is my vote for WHMCS
    Blessen Cherian
    Follow me on twitter.com/blessenonly
    Two decade in Web Hosting Industry

WHMCS all the way, very very easy to use
    Jon Stephenson

www.blesta.com is a new one - just like WHMCS if you want something in between (price and feature wise)

I used ClientExec to start... and it was fine and did most of the things that I needed it to. It got to the point tho where I was seeking features and support and the dev cycle just kept getting delayed and delayed and delayed.

Since moving to WHMCS, I have been very happy with it as well. There was one custom modification I ended up having to pay for (which I still contend should just be a regular part of the software...) But, at least Matt was happy and willing to make the change for a reasonable fee.

I have used ClientExec and it was hard to use in comparison to WHMCS. However, if you can figure it out, ClientExec works.

However, I still recommend WHMCS. It is customizable, very easy to use, easy to integrate and is feature-rich.
    bikster.com - Quality Hosting. Affordable Prices.
    Providing premium quality shared and reseller cPanel/WHM hosting at low prices!
    Reseller cPanel/WHM hosting solutions that you can afford

Quote Originally Posted by PN-Matt View Post

I'm interested in what people think of clientexec or WHMCS. I am thinking of starting up something else soon and would like to know which is more powerful.

Thanks!
    I would personally have to recommend WHMCS. It allows more flexibility for both the clients and admins. It is also a lot easier to customize compared to Clientexec.

WHMCS the best billing software ever! It has every function that you will need for running a web hosting.

I would recommend WHMCS for its ability to easily integrate itself and the user-friendly look.

I'd go with WHMCS. But Clientexec is pretty good, too.

our vote goes to WHMCS
    WebHost18.com - Domains | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Server
    Bravo Technologies - Complete Network and Security Solutions Provider

I definitely recommend WHMCS. It's easy to use and configure.

All these days I used WHMCS and from a few days I'm using ClientExec too. Clearly, WHMCS is more userfriendly and powerful i felt.
    ►ExpertWebHost.NET- Instant reliable hosting since 2008+
    ►Quality Shared, Reseller, SEO and VPS hosting
    ►Choose to host from US/Uk/Canada/Singapore/Netherlands/Australia - 10 locations

WHMCS is the choice of most web hosts.

WHMCS gets my vote.

We just recently migrated to it from ModernBill 4, it has made tasks so much easier and quicker to do.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

I'm sure WHMCS will win the race in votes.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

Quote Originally Posted by PN-Matt View Post

Thanks!
    Hello,

I would use WHMCS as it has a better interface and has alot more features. So i guess you could say WHMCS is alot more powerful. WHMCS is also more widely used.

Regards,
    Kevin

WHMCS hands down.

WHMCS is the Most Powerful.... The Best thing is the design is very impressive and user friendly. You must go for it.
    Hosting Template Designs. Valid xHTML / CSS Designing.
    PHP & MySQL Application Coding.
    PM me for Pricing Details.

I agree WHMCS, its powerful and getting more established day by day.

I'd look at Blesta.
    http://www.blesta.com/features/
    HostGuard.net - VPS Control Panel
    Automating and monitoring your hosting business.