Spell check integrated into cPanel

Hi guys

Being deaf and afrikaans speaking with many websites of my own I was very pleased to find that there is a program that integrate into cPanel so that you (and clients) can check the spelling of their whole website.

http://www.texttrust.com/controlpanel/

Problem is it cost $5 per server, MINIMUM 5 servers, per month.

I only have one server and paying for 5 servers is not my idea of fun so I wondered whether there is not other members with cPanel that want to share?

Over and above the value of such program for myself I am pretty sure that simple by offering a Spell Checker within cPanel you can increase the value of your hosting service for clients. (even if nobody use the spell checker it still add value in terms of marketing)
    Frank Coetzee
    SA Internet News Group cc

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember. I do and I understand. " - Chinese Proverb

I'm sure if you e-mail them they'll be able to help you out by purchasing just one license, maybe if you pay for a few months upfront they will let you. They have a contact e-mail on their website at the bottom.
    ClanDrive Hosting | The No Fuss Webhost
    Shared & Reseller * Seattle - West Coast * LiteSpeed * cPanel * Fantastico * R1Soft * &More *
    Dedicated * Seattle - West Coast * 1-Minute Monitoring *
    VPS * NY - East Coast * OpenVZ *

It doesn't look like their website even lets you order it, seems they're only advertising the Express and Pro versions.

They probably will reduce the minimum server order if they want to increase their sales.

I think a lot of people are happy with the spell checkers built into their browsers. Why would a host want to integrate a new spell checker into their control panel offering?

Looks like a neat addon but like the above said, most web browsers today have their own spell check integrated that does it's job well.

Browsers don't catch spelling errors unless they are in text areas? What about the mistakes that are in .html or .php pages? I think this is what this addon is for, the mistakes that are already there. Not the mistakes you make as you're typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
    Browsers don't catch spelling errors unless they are in text areas? What about the mistakes that are in .html or .php pages? I think this is what this addon is for, the mistakes that are already there. Not the mistakes you make as you're typing.
    If it's important to you then you will use an editor with good spell checking or you will simply copy the output of your page and paste it into something that does Spell Checking and check it there.

The add-on may not be a bad idea but I don't know that I'd personally want to pay extra money for something people may or may not use. The other issue is that I don't think that it would check dynamic pages (such as WordPress) but I'm not 100% on that as to be honest I didn't even look at the page.

Although I did not yet used the program the way it works is that it's integrated into cpanel where you can click on the Spell Check link and it will SPIDER your website and send you a report.

Somewhat different from page to page spell checking as is the case with almost any other spell checker isn't it?

I have several dozen websites with static as well as dynamic content so it would almost be an impossible task to spell check all that content in whatever other program. (copy, paste, check, fix for each page)

I already send an email to ask but have to wait and see but the more I think about it the more I like the idea to spell check a complete website with the click of a button.

(I searched the cPanel and WHT forums to gather some info about this program but found none but a lot of posts regarding bad spelling on websites so...)
    Frank Coetzee

"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember. I do and I understand. " - Chinese Proverb

I ordered a trial test on one of the "other software" posters website.

existance <-- click to see mistake on your site
    "responsible for the existance , accuracy, or"
    http://www.xx***********/support/knowledgebase.php?action=displayartic...

indentification <-- click to see mistake on your site
    "may request further indentification verification in some"
    http://www.xxx***********/support/knowledgebase.php?action=displayartic...

Step 2 - Order now to view other mistakes found and for a complete review of your 137 page site.

Basically the rest of the email have details on how to order the full spell check etc at $49.99 so by offering ALL the clients on a server the opportunity to spell check their site for free for just $5 per server obviously offer your clients a lot of value. (i.e. A Free $49.99 service can be good marketing tactics)
    Frank Coetzee

The response I got was

While we appreciate that your personal situation is certainly unique, we do have a 5 server minimum fee which results in a $25/month rate for our product. We did take into consideration that there may be other who require less than 5 licenses but we feel that $25/month is a fair rate for our product even if it is being applied to fewer servers than five.
    I unfortunatelly don't agree.

cPanel is one of the biggest server management software on the market with MANY, MANY more and advanced features and is available at about $25 / month.

There are also tons of very advanced programs available for free or very low cost and paying $25 for a product that MOST client not even need is obviously just a waste of money.
    Frank Coetzee

Quote Originally Posted by Frankc22 View Post
    The response I got was

I unfortunatelly don't agree.

cPanel is one of the biggest server management software on the market with MANY, MANY more and advanced features and is available at about $25 / month.

There are also tons of very advanced programs available for free or very low cost and paying $25 for a product that MOST client not even need is obviously just a waste of money.

Am I understanding this right?

You get to pay $25/month for the privilege of them having a order page on your server, and the customer still has to pay additional fees for actual use? That's they way I am reading their page.

Shouldn't they be paying you?
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
    Actually there is a trick for Moz based browsers the spellchecks the entire page and not just input areas. You turn on a property, something like DomSpellCheckOn. Ran into this the other night.
    edgedirector.com
    exactstate.com

Neat feature, maybe handy for some, that's about it though. For the vigilant webmaster it should be a non issue. For the users it could be useful for, it would probably be overlooked. Not much of a marketing feature.

Best of luck on getting fellow wht'ers splitting with you. I hope it works out for you.

If the above poster is correct and your clients have to pay an additional fee, especially $49 then it's just plain garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by plumsauce View Post
    Actually there is a trick for Moz based browsers the spellchecks the entire page and not just input areas. You turn on a property, something like DomSpellCheckOn. Ran into this the other night.
    *searches for this feature*

*welcomes any hints*

I checked about:config in FF3.5 and I'm not seeing anything
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    *searches for this feature*

*welcomes any hints*

I checked about:config in FF3.5 and I'm not seeing anything
    Since you were a good guy and searched for it first

urbano's blog

Lucky I thought to bookmark it. Everyone else seems to have a trick for the input fields, but not the entire page. He, not me, describes a method to create a bookmarklet for the job.

I have all these things bookmarked because I am working on this sort of stuff right now. What do you think about the whole thing anyways?

PM in case you are not subscribed to thread.
    Last edited by Alex; 07-19-2009 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Fixed Link
    edgedirector.com
    exactstate.com

It seems the URL is broken in your post plumsauce - the correct URL should be http://urbanoalvarez.es/blog/2008/09...-your-website/

Ah, it's a JavaScript trick - very nice!
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_EZPZ View Post
    It seems the URL is broken in your post plumsauce - the correct URL should be http://urbanoalvarez.es/blog/2008/09...-your-website/
    Seems like it got broken when I went back in for an edit. Sometimes that happens in the bbcode when resaving.

But, as long as yours is just below ...

But, maybe a mod can fix it for posterity.
    edgedirector.com
    exactstate.com