Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

duplexgroup.co.uk this company is a Swindler

Last month I find this site and ask there sale about server.
    I requested 128 38.* ips with one dedicated server, sale said that's ok, they have enough ips.
    So I ordered a server with 128 ips. and paid.

but when server ok, I see just only 3 ips, so I made a ticket ask support. there support said they are waiting ips. but why there sale said ip enough and let me pay???
    3 days later, his support said "I will make sure, your server will be billed from when the ips are delivered to yourself".
    So I waiting and use that server with 3 ips. but I need at least 128 ips.

then 5 days again. they gave me ips. but 128 ips only have 20 ips can use. I let they check, they said I should wait. ok, I wait a few days they said someone Embezzle my ips. they said I should delete ips ,why? when I delete ips , they said I can add them.... when I add also can't use. less than 20 ips can use at that time.....

So I said I need refund. they said ok. but always not refund.

a few days later, they said they have 3 class C ip arrived. they can sale to me 2 class. ok. I want they give me. then a few days again... they said no ips. ips all sold.... faint.

OK, I want refund again. they said ok. then always not refund then said they have other DC and give me test ip. I agree his new DC. but they gave me a bad ip server can't use can't ping.... I want his new DC. then they give me today, but not 128 ips.

I asked him what's this server's renew date. they said 06/03/2009. and this is there Reparation. they said they have give me 2-3 free weeks.I don't know why...
    this server I have not use, and paid full month at 04/29/2009. it renew date should 05/29/2009. why he give me 2-3 free weeks also 06/03/2009? 5 days = 3 weeks???

I can't accept. so I said I want refund. but do you think what they say??? they said this server has used 3 weeks. so he only can refund 1 weeks fee... on my god...

they said: I will make sure, your server will be billed from when the ips are delivered to yourself
    Now they said: You have use this server 3 weeks....

But I also have not get 128 ips now.

I can't understand. such Swindler...........

there site:
    www.DuplexGroup.co.uk
    www.DuplexGroup.us
    www.10TBvps.com

If you don't mind me asking what do you need 128 ips for?

As for your problem at hand...do you have screenshots or proof of the guarantees made to you by the sales and support staff? If you do then it shouldn't be too big of an issue to get your refund. It sounds like there might have been some miscommunication because i'm having a hard time understanding you myself.

They look to be a Poundhost reseller, so will be restricted by the number of IPs they can offer. Furthermore, any company in the UK/EU will only be able to provide additional IPs based on the guidelines provided by RIPE.
    Darren Lingham - Stablepoint Hosting
    Stablepoint - Cloud Web Hosting without compromise
    We provide industry-leading cPanel™ web hosting in 80+ global cities.

Quote Originally Posted by XionYazuka View Post
    If you don't mind me asking what do you need 128 ips for?

As for your problem at hand...do you have screenshots or proof of the guarantees made to you by the sales and support staff? If you do then it shouldn't be too big of an issue to get your refund. It sounds like there might have been some miscommunication because i'm having a hard time understanding you myself.
    If its true what he says and i'm not saying it is.

I don't have a problem understanding him. its quite simple he asked for 128 ips they said yes and now its become a problem where's the difficulty in understanding that?

Regards Terry
    trans-hosting.com. Total Linux and windows hosting solutions, vps, dedicated and collocation, Scripting service, Clustering service. operating since 1997 developers of hpanel and debiandoctor.com(for Linuxhowto)

Quote Originally Posted by terry Gilligan View Post
    If its true what he says and i'm not saying it is.

I don't have a problem understanding him. its quite simple he asked for 128 ips they said yes and now its become a problem where's the difficulty in understanding that?

Regards Terry
    I got that part. What I don't understand is the refunding parts. He asked for a refund then...they didn't do it or he decided to give them another chance or what? I think that's important in this because if he asked for a refund and they refused to give one then thats another huge issue in itself.

I have PM'ed the OP and asked him for specific details to locate his account,

It does seem like its a communication issue however i'll report back once I've checked his tickets.

Chris,
    Christopher Smith,
    Very big changes coming to Duplex very soon,
    Watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by dazmanultra View Post
    They look to be a Poundhost reseller, so will be restricted by the number of IPs they can offer. Furthermore, any company in the UK/EU will only be able to provide additional IPs based on the guidelines provided by RIPE.
    my mistake.
    I bought there server localed USA.
    38.103.* ips.
    I use 128 ips to do vpn and proxy service.
    there sale, support and BOSS all talked with me.
    there BOSS said above Information .

After looking over the tickets (Which were heavily randomly spammed by the client) All ticket screenshots will be sent to WHT mods if required,

The server was setup same/next day of order and payment recieved. The ips were paid for the next day, Due to delay of our Class C's coming through the ips were issued 48 hours later and we told the client the "IP" Due Date would be put forward to the issue date, So everything seemed to of gone well for 3-5days then the client returned telling us a large portion of the IP's were not working, So we looked into it, Looks like another client has added them without permission then the OP deleted his NIC drivers forcing a reinstall of the Drivers. Further update, IP's working fine again then the client returns telling us the same portion of ips have gone down again, So with all our IP blocks Used we offered the client a refund on the portion of IP's that were not working, no decision made by the OP. So with the server being used for 2-3 Weeks then the client suddenly demands a refund so we try to reason with the client, then he tells us he will take another server in our Dallas location which he found out through a mass email we sent, So out of goodwill we offered him 2 weeks free on this server 5 weeks service for the price of 4, The server is currently online and working well,

I tried to contact the OP on msn 5-10minutes ago and i recieve "I have no time replay you" after i tried to contact him to find out what the issue with the new server is now

Thanks,
    Chris,
    Last edited by Duplex-Group; 05-20-2009 at 10:17 AM.
    Christopher Smith,
    Watch this space

Few issues for me here.

Does seem like bad communication.

a) no such thing as "class c" ips.
    b) What on earth are you doing assigning that amount of ips to a customer who has not provided any justification what so ever.

Running proxies is not valid justification !

I'm presuming they are someone else's ips and either they made a mistake or were misled in assigning them to you.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

hi, your boss said I can post it to WHT, and said he don't want to fix it. You have not give me 128 ips now. why you said has ok? and my order date is 04/29/2009, why you said you give me 2 free weeks then renew date is 06/03/29??? I get server today but also not 128 ips. what date should my renew date????

your boss have said that, i don't know what can you do. so i don't want replay you at msn

Quote Originally Posted by FHH - Tim View Post
    Few issues for me here.

Does seem like bad communication.

a) no such thing as "class c" ips.
    b) What on earth are you doing assigning that amount of ips to a customer who has not provided any justification what so ever.

Running proxies is not valid justification !

I'm presuming they are someone else's ips and either they made a mistake or were misled in assigning them to you.
    Tim,

Don't worry justification was given, The basics were settled on a VPN Basis,

Now the whole ip's being used elsewhere is another issue which we solved but by then the client was making these demand's
    Christopher Smith,
    Watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by boysee View Post
    hi, your boss said I can post it to WHT, and said he don't want to fix it. You have not give me 128 ips now. why you said has ok? and my order date is 04/29/2009, why you said you give me 2 free weeks then renew date is 06/03/29??? I get server today but also not 128 ips. what date should my renew date????
    If you read my post correctly, I said 5 weeks for the price of 4 there is no 2 extra weeks stated?
    Christopher Smith,
    Watch this space

To conclude this thread,

We have followed through with everything we have said, We have offered partial refunds on all products,

Currently as it stands we will still issue the Full refund on the IP's

The system however is out of question as putting the cost aside of the first system, Now the cost of the second system on top of that doubles his monthly bill,

We will leave the decision to the OP he may contact us through a ticket or through WHT eitherway we are happy to do this for the OP but we feel we cannot help the OP out anymore then we have already,

--- Or the OP can keep his newly setup 100% working server

Thanks,
    Christopher Smith,
    Watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by Duplex-Group View Post
    ... Due to delay of our Class C's coming through the ips were issued 48 hours later ... then the client returned telling us a large portion of the IP's were not working, So we looked into it, Looks like another client has added them without permission ... IP's working fine again then the client returns telling us the same portion of ips have gone down again, ...
    Excuse my ignorance, but how does a (unrelated?) customer:
    a.) manage to use a resource assigned to someone else
    b.) get away with it?

Aren't these supposed to be unique?
    If I was assigned a range of ip's and someone else used sections of it, I'd get rather upset about that aspect alone. Gives the impression that there's no control. Is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by TDS-chriss View Post
    b.) get away with it?

If I was assigned a range of ip's and someone else used sections of it, I'd get rather upset about that aspect alone. Gives the impression that there's no control. Is that normal?
    Hi,

Like i said in previous posts they issue got resolved but it was a on and off situation the OP got 2-3 weeks good out of it then the issue arrised again to which he made a refund demand/Move to Dallas and demanding another Month free which we made a counter offer which was reasonable for one week free, But again the client has now (Once the server has been setup) Demanding a full refund again, So two Systems have been setup for him 2 128IP Ranges and hes also used 10mbit constant throughout,

Thanks,
    Christopher Smith,
    Watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by TDS-chriss View Post
    b.) get away with it?

Chances are, the provider is not putting IPs into a VLAN that only one customer can access. Most providers that have an actual clue put the IPs into a VLAN. It looks like Duplex Group are just a reseller of DirectSpace -- either that, or they're colocating. Either DuplexGroup or DirectSpace are re-using IPs that are supposed to be allocated to another customer -- which is a terrible idea. I'd run away -- quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by timburke View Post
    Chances are, the provider is not putting IPs into a VLAN that only one customer can access. Most providers that have an actual clue put the IPs into a VLAN. It looks like Duplex Group are just a reseller of DirectSpace -- either that, or they're colocating. Either DuplexGroup or DirectSpace are re-using IPs that are supposed to be allocated to another customer -- which is a terrible idea. I'd run away -- quickly.
    Fair enough, Maybe we could of acted better on the Ip issued however we have been busy with our partners DirectSpace, They run the network that we lease from them and we have been helping them setup a completely new network, So we have been busy,

But i'm not saying that thats a excuse for anything we acted on the issue it was fixed, then the client demands a refund/transfer to another server for another free month, we couldnt do that instead we said we'll give you a extra week after your renewal date which he then accepted, then we sent him the server details then this happens out of nowhere?
    Christopher Smith,
    Watch this space

???
    you are a swindle!
    ip always not give me, 3 weeks. but you has billing my server 3 weeks.
    your undertake = crap!
    you said you give me Q9300 but give me E7400, and you said Q9300=E7400! another falsehood!
    you have swindle me 5 times, why I can't request full refund???

Quote Originally Posted by boysee View Post
    ???
    you are a swindle!
    ip always not give me, 3 weeks. but you has billing my server 3 weeks.
    your undertake = crap!
    you said you give me Q9300 but give me E7400, and you said Q9300=E7400! another falsehood!
    you have swindle me 5 times, why I can't request full refund???
    From this, it appears that DuplexGroup are lying even more. If a customer's paying for a Q9300, they shouldn't be getting an E7400 - That's like saying a Pentium 4 is equivalent to a Core2Duo. As I said before, try a different provider, though I'm not sure of any provider that's actually good, that would allocate you that many IPs at first without other justification besides 'VPN' -- I think that ColoGuys (http://cologuys.com) might be able to provide what you're looking for though.

It's funny how people are so quick to jump to conclusions sometimes it makes me wonder,

As you can tell this man, does not fully understand English, When offered the Dallas Server i told him we have 1 Q9300 Left and it was to be sold very shortly, Again if needed im sure i can dig up the MSN logs for the Admins on one of the computers, He took his time and it sold, I told him,He was happy with a different system, It seems multiple people are on his msn operating for him and making decisions and hes coming back confused as im talking to someone on his msn now which is saying hes happy, then i return to this in my inbox,

Please do not jump to conclusions if you have not heard both sides,

Thanks,
    Chris,
    Last edited by Duplex-Group; 05-20-2009 at 06:17 PM.
    Christopher Smith,
    Watch this space

It's funny how people are so quick to jump to conclusions sometimes it makes me wonder,

As you can tell this man, does not fully understand English, When offered the Dallas Server i told him we has 1 Q9300 Left and it was to be sold very shortly, Again if need im sure i can dig up the MSN logs for the Admins on one of the computers, He took his time it sold, I told him would he be happy with a different system, It seems multiple people are on his msn operating for him and making decisions and hes coming back confused as im talking to someone on his msn now which is saying hes happy, they i return to this in my inbox,

Please do not jump to conclusions if you have not heard both sides,

Thanks,
    Chris,
    But, the customer paid for a Q9300 - so if one wasn't available, you should have said that - then they wouldn't have paid for/ordered it.

Please don't deceive your customers. It's a bad business practice.

Tim

But, the customer paid for a Q9300 - so if one wasn't available, you should have said that - then they wouldn't have paid for/ordered it.

Tim
    Did you not read what i just put?

Like do you guys only post for your post count? I don't get it,

As i said, He was told we sold the last machine before he paid or accepted the offer etc, So how does your post relate to my previous post?
    Christopher Smith,
    Watch this space

Tim
    I think this is bad practice talking a company down without all the facts.
    He has offered to send all correspondence to the site moderators, let him do that and let them report back to us. I think it quite possible six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Lets try to solve the problem and make ill informed guesses.

Regards Terry
    trans-hosting.com. Total Linux and windows hosting solutions, vps, dedicated and collocation, Scripting service, Clustering service. operating since 1997 developers of hpanel and debiandoctor.com(for Linuxhowto)

Did you not read what i just put?

Like do you guys only post for your post count? I don't get it,

As i said, He was told we sold the last machine before he paid or accepted the offer etc, So how does your post relate to my previous post?
    I certainly did read what you wrote -- and no, I don't post to boost my post count...

The customer ordered a Q9300 server, did they not? That is what they paid for. Simple as that. So why would you give a customer a server of LOWER specifications? Maybe this is just me, but I think that doing that is pretty damn sketchy. That is, unless you did tell the customer that you would be giving them an E7400 as opposed to the Q9300 - and they agreed to it, but I highly doubt that happened -- otherwise, they wouldn't be complaining about that.

Quote Originally Posted by terry Gilligan View Post
    <snip>
    He has offered to send all correspondence to the site moderators, let him do that and let them report back to us.</snip>
    Where are you seeing this? I see nothing about that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast