Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dedicated servers with 1 gbit uplink

Hey guys I need your help, if you know any good companies who can offer servers with 1 gbit uplinks, could you please tell me.

I'm searching for quite cheap, powerful server with atleast 1gbps uplink.

worldstream.nl

You will not go wrong with them.
    "For I know the plans I have for you" declares our Lord Jesus Christ, "they are plans to prosper you, to give you a hope and a future and not to destroy you." - Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks for that, i know only i3d.net, but they charge 50 as a setup fee + other "taxes"

You have any location preference?

How cheap is quite cheap? In my experience prices for 1Gbps uplinks are still all over the place.
    Chris Larkin
    Senior Hosting Consultant
    SingleHop Managed Dedicated Servers
    http://singlehop.com

Yeah you would definitely need to clarify a bit as there are tons of companies that will provide a 1Gbit port.
    Marc Schulz
    Managing Implementation Engineer
    Steadfast : Managed Cloud & Infrastructure Services

Are you looking for Unmetered Gbit or just 1Gbit port speed?

I like FDCServers. They are pretty good.

Well, the cheapest one i've seen is ~70 euros which is about $99, nederlands/germany etc would be good. Not usa!

and, it doesn't have to be unmetered, but atleast 2000 gb of traffic must be included.

Leaseweb.com do GigE and 4tb bandwidth for €149/pm, NL based
    Hetzner.de offer GigE, but after 2tb they limit you to 10mbit, DE based
    i3d.net do GigE for +€15/pm, NL based
    10tb do GigE as standard (I think), UK or US based servers

So: i3d.net, leaseweb, hetzner.de, fdcservers, worldstream.nl,

So far worldstream.nl and i3d.net seem to be the best option, few friends are using i3d.net servers, according to them i3d.net has been working perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by jackman View Post
    Thanks for that, i know only i3d.net, but they charge 50 as a setup fee + other "taxes"
    As long you order your server as private person you will be charged TAX on all companies in The Netherlands. Only if you have a valid VAT Number (companies) the tax will be removed.

Even if buyers are not in EU ?

Buyers outside the EU do not have to pay VAT.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

still willing to see other providers!

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzy View Post
    Leaseweb.com do GigE and 4tb bandwidth for €149/pm, NL based
    Hetzner.de offer GigE, but after 2tb they limit you to 10mbit, DE based
    i3d.net do GigE for +€15/pm, NL based
    10tb do GigE as standard (I think), UK or US based servers
    Yup 10tb.com's servers all come with 1000Mbps, unless of course you click the "100Mbps" option at checkout

This thread is a perfect example why so many people start complaining on WHT.com about their provider.
    You only compare specs and price, not service, provider core business, provider (financial) stability and SLA. Do not assume all the providers are the same, since their not.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Um, hetzner.de servers are 100Mbit... NOT Gbit uplinks.. sure they have onboard Gbit ports but switchports are only 100Mbit

Most providers will provide you with a Gbps uplink, you just have to ask. Typically it is an upgrade. You shouldnt have to look hard. Do you need any managed services or anything out of the ordinary? You might want to focus on those things and price since I am quite certain most any host can give you a Gbps uplink.
    Steve Eschweiler - Hivelocity.net - Since 2002
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.
    Instantly Deploy Dedicated Servers in 30 Data Centers on 4 Continents
    24/7/365 World Class Phone, Chat and Ticket Technical Support

my current provider doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mazedk View Post
    Um, hetzner.de servers are 100Mbit... NOT Gbit uplinks.. sure they have onboard Gbit ports but switchports are only 100Mbit
    Thanks for telling me! I was about to order a server from them..

I also recommend FDCservers dot net!
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

Ok, i'll check them out!
    Does anyone have experience of worldstream.nl? They seem to be pretty good, atleast their support is quick, i've sent 4 emails to them and received a reply to all of them in 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jackman View Post
    Ok, i'll check them out!
    Does anyone have experience of worldstream.nl? They seem to be pretty good, atleast their support is quick, i've sent 4 emails to them and received a reply to all of them in 10 minutes.
    Not sure if there are many members here that are using them but you can use the search option here to find out.

Maybe just give them a try since you are happy with the response already :-)

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast