14 months review of Sentris

At first i was a bit hesitant because the websites old design. As 1st impression is something i regard very important. But because the server offers were so attractive and still is now, i decided to test the server and the customer service before i intitally moved my websites content. From the testing i was pleased with the network speed, the uptime and the support service.

After being with them for few months i noticed that the 500 gb hdd they advertised werent really a 500 gb hdd. They actually did a software raid of 250 gb, 2 x 80. They were willingly to do the os reload and would do it when i have moved all files to a backup hdd which i happend to have just installed very recently. I didnt really like how they advertised a 500 gb which i technically never got. And software raid 0 is suicide so i was lucky to have noticed it sooner before the bad sector would haunt me.

Ive also been receiving faulse accusation that my ips has been hacking another server(my ips got spoofed) and spamming a complaining users. What they did was just simply relaying the complaining emails and ask me to resolve on my own. Regarding my ip hacking another server, it was quickly resolved after when i provided my logs and the case was closed. As for spamming, i just simply explained that the user forgot that he registered my site and even subscribed the newsletter and it was resolved after that

Aside from that, the network has been ddos couple of times but i never really experienced a long downtime because the emergency tickets are responded quite swiftly. Unfortunately i cannot say the same with the normal support tickets because sometimes they respond my tickets within next days. Though some of the normal tickets are responded within an hour or longer which is doable for me.

My ips has been spoofed andunauthorized access of ips however ive been notified and been protected from those malicious attempts which was fairly fast consider the logs i checked. only 5 minutes between the time i got unauthorized access and receiving email from the datacenter

I do like the fact that they are listening to customers because ive been suggesting few ideas that they actually did listen and did do it.

What i also like is that they added more backbones to the bgp mix which really did improve the siteload and the speed for users from all over the world. As before they only had mix that only provided good speed for one continent. I do hope they could improve their network further as theres still much to improve.

Sentris support service were kind enough to give me a free dual harpertown upgrade after being with them over one year. Which really means they do care for the existing customers and not only caring how to get more customers.
    Dual harpertown with 6tb unshared bandwidth for only 209 usd, i would say picking sentris was correct move.

For the network i would rate it 8/10
    For the support i woud rate it 7/10
    For the server spec. easily 10/10
    Last edited by Maikon; 07-14-2009 at 07:01 AM.

Sentris support service were kind enough to give me a free dual harpertown upgrade after being with them over one year. Which really means they do care for the existing customers and not only caring how to get more customers.
    Dual harpertown with 6tb unshared bandwidth for only 209 usd, i would say picking sentris was correct move.
    I hope they will do the same with my friend. A friend of mine has 7 servers with them, all pre-paid yearly, but it appears that some guy from here got a better deal than my friend who already purchased 7 servers from them. My friend really got disappointed by what happened.

We will see if what youre saying is true after February, 2010, let's see if they really provide free upgrades or they just select people they want to upgrade even if some other is more qualified to get the free upgrade.
    All things work together for the good of those who love God - Romans 8:28

Any updates on the servers? Still happy?