Looking for feedback for this VPS company - VPS.net

I want to know how is this VPS company

www.vps.net

I want to know if anyone of you have used this company?

They are saying "Cloud Hosting" and someone told me that cloud hosting technique is new and it does not work sometime or in other words it can be 'Unstable' anytime. How true it is?

Looking forward to your replies.
    Professional Banner Design :: Complete Satisfaction & Fast Turnaround
    InspireFusion.com :: Art, Design & Inspiration Blog

From what I have heard about vps.net, they are good. Do you have your requirements for VPS?

My only requirement is that the company should be reliable and VPS should start from $20-$25 (because my budget is not very big).

I searched many VPS companies but their packages starts from $40 minimum

I found this VPS.net starts from $20 but they are unmanaged I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jani View Post

I found this VPS.net starts from $20 but they are unmanaged I think.
    yup - vps.net is unmanaged, but we have a managed setup product at $40 (one time) that will setup your server(s), secure it, migrate your clients etc etc. Basically help you out for 2 weeks. Read about it on our forum/blog.

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com & SolusVM.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

My only requirement is that the company should be reliable and VPS should start from $20-$25 (because my budget is not very big).
    You get what you pay for. That kind of budget for a VPS can usually get a crappy server which can't do anything much. (you need 384MB RAM in order for the server to perform properly with cPanel)
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

but they are unmanaged I think.
    So, are you looking for a managed vps?

vps.net is pretty new still, so their track history of "reliability" doesn't really exist yet. However it's owned by uk2group which does have a history that you can see searching around.

If you are looking for a fully managed solution, than at least right now this is probably not your best choice. But if you know enough about managing the system yourself, you can usually find enough support via the forums to get you through the difficult spots (although the forums, due to the company being young, are still a bit sparse).

I only started using vps.net last week, so I can't really comment on the reliability. But the 2 nodes I picked up so far are performing quite well, and the management interface they provide to manage your vps's works quite well. I've rebuilt my VPS's probably half a dozen times so far experimenting with some options and images.

I had looked at linode.com and slicehost.com as well, but ended up picking vps.net as my choice to try, and at least for the first week, so far they haven't let me down. Once I have a few months under the belt I can give a more complete review.
    No monkey business.

Ditlev owns it, it's got to be good..

I had access to one to play around with and it didn't work out. Something weird was going on with port 53 (firewall of some type), that was making me unable to reach port 53, even after stripping any and every service from the VPS that would do it (iptables, et al). The server was quick, though.
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn View Post
    So, are you looking for a managed vps?
    hmmm, actually YES. I was searching for managed VPS company so that I should not worry about technical things like nodes, Memory...etc. The company should take care of it and I just concentrate on my sites... whenever upgrade is necessary company should inform me.

But these kind of managed services are expensive

OK 1 last question.

If I go with Managed Hosting Company which company do you recommend from these

1. KnownHost.com
    2. Servint.com (they don't offer cpanel I think)
    3. Liquidweb (a little expensive but I will try to increase my budget)
    4. .... some other?????

Please suggest me the hosting that should be a "Company" not an individual's site. And it should a reliable one, not an overselling company.

Thanks

I want to know how is this VPS company

www.vps.net

I want to know if anyone of you have used this company?

They are saying "Cloud Hosting" and someone told me that cloud hosting technique is new and it does not work sometime or in other words it can be 'Unstable' anytime. How true it is?

Looking forward to your replies.
    Cloud hosting companies charge their users based on the quantity of computing power used. It’s pay-per-use.

From what I understand about vps.net their 'cloud' service is pretty much just a VPS which you can move between UK/US as you wish, so in that sense it's not a massive difference compared to more "traditional" VPS services except for the marketing.

I recommend you get in touch with their sales/pre-sales team before signing up and find out what “starts from $20” really means. (e.g. on their site you can find “Daily billing - only pay for what you use”)

Quote Originally Posted by Layershift Simona View Post
    I recommend you get in touch with their sales/pre-sales team before signing up and find out what “starts from $20” really means. (e.g. on their site you can find “Daily billing - only pay for what you use”)
    nothing fishy is going on though

Price starts at $20 for one "node" - a node is 256mb ram/400mhz CPU/ 10gb storage. The more nodes you buy, the cheaper they get...so if you buy 30 nodes they are $10 each. You can split those 30 nodes as you like, so - you can make 30 small servers, with one node each, or 3 servers with 10 nodes each, 2x15 node servers etc...you get the idea

You can also buy per day, one node is $1/day.

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com & SolusVM.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Thanks
    Just wanted to offer a correction, we do provide cPanel as an option with all of our products.
    ServInt
    Providing Managed VPS for over 11 years
    Managed Dedicated Servers for almost 19 years!
    http://www.servint.net

Jani,
    you are trying to find gold at price of cooper. What I mean to say that providing support puts a additional cost which would be added to your monthly bill. for managed service, you have to increase your budget. since you seem to really tight on budget, you have to settle for unmanaged service .

About VPS.net they are backed by big & stable group, there would some level of professionalism which is hard to find among kiddie hosts. I suggest you should try them for a month and see yourself. if you like it then stay on or else find a new host.

In short, they are worth trying atleast once

1. KnownHost.com
    3. Liquidweb (a little expensive but I will try to increase my budget)
    I highly recommend ServInt. ServInt is one of the best values of the bunch when it comes to ram/hd/bandwidth. ServInt does offer cPanel and the cost is already included in the price.

But, I don't think you could go wrong with any of the above providers.

I've seen several reviews about vps.net in this forum recently. If you couldn't find them, then try to use the search function on WHT, you'll find many helpful reviews about them.
    In2net Network Inc. ( www.in2net.com ) : Providing Service Since 1996!
    Quick Sales Response - [email protected]
    Virtual Private Servers : VPS Hosting - Ask us about our Managed Hosting services, too!
    30-Day MoneyBack Guarantee

I was searching for managed VPS company so that I should not worry about technical things like nodes, Memory...etc. The company should take care of it and I just concentrate on my sites... whenever upgrade is necessary company should inform me.

But these kind of managed services are expensive
    Well, they are more expensive than unmanaged services. If you want technicians to do work for you then naturally you should expect to pay something for it.

That said, ServInt currently offers superb resources in their VPS plans and provides top-notch managed services. There's a $49/month entry price. For less than that you'll get either fewer resources, lower-quality support, or both.

Just know your hosting requirements. If you need cloud or vps, managed or unmanaged, and your budget, and match up with a hosting company you feel you can trust. The Cloud offering is newer so it’s priced higher. Find out about upgrades, look for quality support and also look for seasonal specials.
    Top VPS Hosting Providers
    See some of the best VPS hosting providers and learn about VPS Technology at
    Best VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by shaki22 View Post
    I've seen several reviews about vps.net in this forum recently. If you couldn't find them, then try to use the search function on WHT, you'll find many helpful reviews about them.
    Here are the previous reviews,
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=869525
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=862700