Need advice on big VOIP provider

My current company is with cbeyond. Out contract is up soon and i want to move away from them. We have SIP with them. Connected to a Cisco CME system.

The system will be moved to our colo location(15Mbps) and out of the building. We will be moving to call manager system as we will connect all the stores (12) to it. I have a vpn from all the stores using TZ180s to my eclass nsa.

We use about 40 did lines. And will need atleast 200 after the move. All the stores will have 7940 phones.
    Last edited by donniesd; 07-14-2009 at 03:00 AM.
    Upfront Business Solutions
    A Cloud & Microsoft SaaS provider
    "Creating you a online web presence"

As far as I know Cisco Call Manager Express, is meant to be operated in local office because it does not support NAT traversal... so how you going to deal with it? even if you will have a VPN and VLAN's it still will not work...

So you should ask your self "Do I really need a Cisco Call Manager Express?"
    I'm not against Cisco at all it is a very great product when you have a Cisco Call Manager in DC and in every office Cisco Call Manager Express... then it works great!!! But to have Cisco call Manager Express hosted in DC it does not make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ydonchenko View Post
    As far as I know Cisco Call Manager Express, is meant to be operated in local office.
    Wow you really have now knowledge of Cisco IP Telephony. I have 2 other stores connected to my CME over VPN.

so how you going to deal with it? even if you will have a VPN and VLAN's it still will not work.
    Humm that is funny. As it does work. I have sonicwalls at each location with vpn. Not having any problems.

So you should ask your self "Do I really need a Cisco Call Manager Express?" .
    Yes. It can act as a backup if Callmanager goes down.

Cisco Call Manager in DC and in every office Cisco Call Manager Express....
    What? There is no reason to have a CME in every office.

But to have Cisco call Manager Express hosted in DC it does not make any sense.
    Again what? I never said i was going to put a cme at my colo.

We are going to have XO bring in a pri line to the colo. Insted of SIP.
    Upfront Business Solutions
    A Cloud & Microsoft SaaS provider
    "Creating you a online web presence"

You say you have 40 DID lines and are going for 200. Does that mean you need 40-200 concurrent call capacity, or just 40-200 numbers? Either way, by telco standards that's not big. Level3, GlobalCrossing, XO won't talk to you until you have several million of minutes per month of traffic. You could get inbound service from one provider, and outbound from another (or several, for redundancy) or both from the same provider. Looking at our logs, with 40 concurrent calls at peak time, you're probably looking 200-300K minutes per month, which you can get for <$2K. Bandwidth.com, Airespring, CommPartners may be the way to go. I have experience with all three.

Also note that with g711/ulaw, 15 Mbps will give you ~180 channels, and if you have to send the call out again that uses two since you have to translate between Cisco CM and SIP/RTP.
    Pings <1 ms, Unlimited Transfer, Lowest Price: http://localhost/

Good luck with your XO Pri

P.S. I'm sorry I'm not a technical geek who knows every option of Cisco products, from what I heard and have seen how our technicians has been working with CCM I told you my opinion. And I'm pretty sure they always had a CCM in Data-center and them CCME in every client's office.
    Last edited by ydonchenko; 07-27-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Damier -

FWIW, if you are using this in COLO and then branch places, why NOT SIP ?
    IMO, with a PRI there are advantages as the blocks of DIDS are considerably cheaper with a PRI IME. Stability a ++ too but then you are limited to 23 channels.

Global is great but they won't talk unless you are on the wholesale level.

SIP providers - which I have yet to find for small-mid markets is a mixed bag on consistency.