* My initial review of Sentris: fast support and incredible prices on dedi server!

I looked around a late to find a good dedi server provider.
    I came across a deal from Sentris - Dual core, 4GB, 2TB or unmetred for just $89/mon. I found their prices really great but wasn't sure how their support would be.. but gave it a try anyway. I ordered the server 4 days ago and it was setup within 1 day. Since then they were very helpful in transferring from existing host. Majority of the times they answered within an hour.

I am very impressed till now and I have a feeling that they will continue to provide great support.

That's excellent, I am looking to obtain my 5th server, and am considering them. They worked with me over a few days time to create a custom package and I am just about to join you as their client, let's hope it works out for the best for both of us.

They do seem very helpful and friendly.

hmm

can't say the name rings a bell.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

I found them in the dedicated server forum I didn't know about them before either which is why I have delayed getting a server from them so far.

What is thier website?

Quote Originally Posted by Bihira View Post
    What is thier website?
    sentris.com

hmm...good prices but the site's terrible. Doesn't look very professional. Almost like a collision between a free template and early subdreamer skin. I'm a big believer in 1st impressions last the longest but that's just me.

Good luck though.

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 07-13-2009 at 09:26 PM.
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    hmm...good prices but the site's terrible. Doesn't look very professional. Almost like a collision between a free template and early subdreamer skin. I'm a big believer in 1st impressions last the longest but that's just me.

Good luck though.

owm
    lol, that's so true. I can't say Burstnet is that much better though, and they are quite popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post

Good luck though.

owm
    You're not getting your site designed with them. My review was for their prices and the customer support and I think they are great at those. May be they can use your suggestion to improve

We've got a fair few servers with them now and for well over a year, haven't ever really done us any wrong. Their site might not be much but their support and service is usually top-notch.
    ClanDrive Hosting | The No Fuss Webhost
    Shared & Reseller * Seattle - West Coast * LiteSpeed * cPanel * Fantastico * R1Soft * &More *
    Dedicated * Seattle - West Coast * 1-Minute Monitoring *
    VPS * NY - East Coast * OpenVZ *

Sorry for getting off topic, but I have to agree with OWM. They really could use a site redesign. All the pages load via IP, not the domain, some pages would not load for me unless I refreshed a few times(maybe some type of maintenance was going on?).

Their testimonials(how they choose the ones that go on the left sidebox, I have no idea) but:

" thanks for the help, custom (1) backbone is great. Notice a big differ already. and i must agree its pretty damn close if not better for some people (vs. Level3 or InterNAP). "
    " I will order three servers as well in 2-3 hour later. They are simply very good! "
    " This may sound strange. But about a half-year ago, I canceled my account with Sentris...and I went to another provider...1&1. To say the least, I've hated their service. And I missed Sentris xD But 1&1 locked me into a 2-year contract...Their tech support sure won't help me, so I decided to contactyou guys, as awkward as it is ): If I ever can, I'll run back to you... "

they might at least have edited those for grammar. That trend continues on the testimonials.html

Last things are, the url lists IP/newer/page.html main focus on newer, might help if they just put everything in the main folder, not newer. Also their "make money page":

QUOTE: If you first signup after May 7, 2005, or to order our New Plans, please email sales at sentris.com for the Discount Code to enter to our New Order System /QUOTE

Hot dog, I had a little to drink tonight, but DOC, are we really back in 1985??err 2005?
    Last edited by davidb; 07-14-2009 at 04:04 AM. Reason: spell check
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

How's that server doing?