How annoying are the abandoned cPanel accounts?

When I was hosting, I ended up with several cPanel accounts of clients that abandoned the accounts. Some of them moved, most of them had expired domains, some of them just left the default "index of/" page without any content.

How do you deal with these? I know hosting automation systems can terminate accounts that are overdue, but in other cases, like if you don't have an automation that terminates accounts, if the client domain expired ages ago, or the domain moved somewhere else, what do you do? Do you go through the list of accounts and delete the abandoned ones, if so how frequently?
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!

Hello,
    Are your customers still paying for the Abondened Accounts? If so, leave them up and collect the $$$. Just Kidding, what I normally do when I see accounts with no activity (example no index page after 60-90 days) I will typically e-mail the customer and ask if they wish to continue service. If there is no response after 30 days I will terminate the account.

I used to have this problem ALOT when I was offering "free" hosting space, but it is rare with paid hosting. I currently have only 1 customer with no index page (it has been over 120 days, but he is still paying for the service).
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    Hello,
    Are your customers still paying for the Abondened Accounts? If so, leave them up and collect the $$$. Just Kidding, what I normally do when I see accounts with no activity (example no index page after 60-90 days) I will typically e-mail the customer and ask if they wish to continue service. If there is no response after 30 days I will terminate the account.

I used to have this problem ALOT when I was offering "free" hosting space, but it is rare with paid hosting. I currently have only 1 customer with no index page (it has been over 120 days, but he is still paying for the service).

that would defently be the best way to do it being thats the way i handle it also if there still paying for a blank site so be it
    if they dont pay remove it that easy