Looking to purchase a dedicated server from Aplus.net

Hi,

I have a custom built online ordering application, that I would like to use for testing purposes only. Do you think aplus.net would be a good option? I heard a lot of bad reviews about them, and I'm skeptical about signing up with them? Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

If you have heard a lot of bad reviews about them, not sure why you're looking into them. However with that being said I would recommend you looking at the Dedicated Offers forum, there are some reputable providers such as SoftLayer, ThePlanet, DedicatedNow, Atjeu, LiquidWeb, Wired Tree etc.

* Theres cheaper options available.

For testing purposes you may do better with a VPS.

I would recommend checking out either FDC Servers or BurstNET for either a VPS, or a low-end server.

I don't have direct experience with Volume Drive, but they are one of the cheaper, established providers.

What sort of budget and requirements do you have? We can use this information to help point you in the right direction
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

For testing purposes grab a P4 or ATOM server from an established provider. Cheaper rarely better. You can find tons of offers and reviews here.
    Chris Larkin
    Senior Hosting Consultant
    SingleHop Managed Dedicated Servers
    http://singlehop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Slominski View Post
    If you have heard a lot of bad reviews about them, not sure why you're looking into them. However with that being said I would recommend you looking at the Dedicated Offers forum, there are some reputable providers such as SoftLayer, ThePlanet, DedicatedNow, Atjeu, LiquidWeb, Wired Tree etc.
    The reason why i was looking into them, is just because i wanted something cheap and running quick, then when my web app has been completed, I would want to switch to a better preforming sever. I was actually looking into hostgator, I used them before and had very good experience, but the monthly price is out of my budget.

My budget is $100.00/Mo. Are those website you mentioned will be suited for my budget? Thanks!

if u r ok with unmanaged u will find core2duo or even quad core in that price just look in dedicated offers section... btw webnx has a new offer and its very tempting and i have seen many good reviews bout them...
    if u are ok with european host u can have hetzner in that price with core i7 and 8gb ram with setup fee or athlon without setup fee...
    u can find managed VPS with 1-2 gb ram in that price...