When I purchase an SSL Certificate, do I need to send translated documentation?

From my previous experience I know that unless I purchase a domain-only validated
    SSL cert, I will need to send to the registrar documentation of the company owner of
    the domain the SSL will be attached to. I remember that from the times when Verisign
    was the monopoly.

I am in Peru and the official language is spanish, so I was wondering if in case documents are required to be sent, do they need to be officialy translated?

Quote Originally Posted by albatroz View Post
    From my previous experience I know that unless I purchase a domain-only validated
    SSL cert, I will need to send to the registrar documentation of the company owner of
    the domain the SSL will be attached to. I remember that from the times when Verisign
    was the monopoly.

I am in Peru and the official language is spanish, so I was wondering if in case documents are required to be sent, do they need to be officialy translated?
    You would need to contact the company that would be providing the SSL Certificate and ask them as only they would know if you need to translate the documentation first or not.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Verisign are no longer a monopoly and you can buy certs from companies who don't really require any documentation at all. The security of this is questionable, but you get the all-important browser padlock at a lower price and with a much lower administrative burden. Unless our customers specifically request Verisign, we use an SSL provider who require nothing more than an automated phone call to verify the domain ownership.