InnoHosting vs Resellerzoom

Well, I am standing between InnoHosting and Resellerzoom.

I am going for a UK based server, InnoHosting is more expensive than Resellerzoom, but what do you get for the extra money?

can enyone enligthen me on the difference between the 2 companies?

Free end user support would probably be a major difference between them these days, which, last i heard, Resellerzoom no longer provides.

It is debatable as to who is the cheapest if you draw up a comparison today based on similar sized plans and consider what is bundled as standard.

Inno offer
    Cheaper domain and ssl reseller prices
    Free WHMCS (+$7 for RZ)
    Free 24x7 EndSupport
    More powerful servers. Quad as opposed to Dual core)
    Free Site builder (+$2 for RZ)

RZ offer
    Jailed SSH access on request but Inno will perform any commands necessary.

By the time that you add up all the extras bundled free by Inno that RZ charge for prices are remarkably similar at the end of the day. EndSupport and WHMCS plus very cheap domain and SSL reseller accounts thrown in by Inno and more powerful servers give them a distinct edge.

I have extensive experience (4 years)of both and they are great companies worthy of much respect. I am presently with Inno and very happy there.

If you are in the UK both use the same Blue Square data centre. Inno's connectivity is 100Mb. Not sure about RZ's.

now, free for RZ
    WebSitePanel / Hosting Controller / Smartermail / Installation / Configuration / Troubleshooting / Migrations
    Windows Server Management / Security / Hardening
    I speak English and Spanish

Ah thanks for the heads up Jack. I took that from their web site this morning which obviously hasn't been updated to reflect that change yet.

Support, uptime and stability of their servers and reliability are some of the most important things. So I recommend what you read the reviews that made about both of them. You can find the reviews by searching on http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php Good luck.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

Quote Originally Posted by RedRat-Chris View Post
    It is debatable as to who is the cheapest if you draw up a comparison today based on similar sized plans and consider what is bundled as standard.

Inno offer
    Cheaper domain and ssl reseller prices
    Free WHMCS (+$7 for RZ)
    Free 24x7 EndSupport
    More powerful servers. Quad as opposed to Dual core)

RZ offer
    Jailed SSH access on request but Inno will perform any commands necessary.

By the time that you add up all the extras bundled free by Inno that RZ charge for prices are remarkably similar at the end of the day. EndSupport and WHMCS plus very cheap domain and SSL reseller accounts thrown in by Inno and more powerful servers give them a distinct edge.

I have extensive experience (4 years)of both and they are great companies worthy of much respect. I am presently with Inno and very happy there.

If you are in the UK both use the same Blue Square data centre. Inno's connectivity is 100Mb. Not sure about RZ's.
    RZ servers are on 100Mbps.

Quote Originally Posted by selbach View Post
    Well, I am standing between InnoHosting and Resellerzoom.

I am going for a UK based server, InnoHosting is more expensive than Resellerzoom, but what do you get for the extra money?

can enyone enligthen me on the difference between the 2 companies?
    you get tons of free addons with inno but resellerzoom is cheap. If you need end user support innohosting would be your best bet. resellerzoom changed how there end user support worked and im sure it could and may have already affected how companys do buisness. If you dont need end user support or any major addons resellerzoom would be great
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

I have extensive experience with RZ. I have been a customer for about 5 years. I have had HZ accounts, Advanced Reseller, UK Reseller, VPS (ModVPS).

My basic cPanel account bounces along with no trouble. All the reseller servers are awful. Reliability is poor, all new servers get a honeymoon period until they are full - at which point they become overstressed. They go through periods of service collapse (usually Mysql) where sites just seize up and administrators deny anything is wrong.

Recently, we planned a large site (php/mysql). We specifically asked RZ if they had plans to upgrade from Mysql 4 to 5 on the server. They said 'no'; furthermore, they said it's too big a change. We built a huge site which specifically catered to the limitations of Mysql 4 then one Sunday afternoon, they upgraded to 5. They gave 3hrs notice on their reseller forums. It caused us enormous grief.

I am now with Innohosting and desperately hoping for something better than RZ. If you don't need end user support, I would recommend Hostgator - who are excellent. They have been my most reliable host and their servers are all Raid 1-0. Innohosting run daily backups but no raid, which is probably my biggest concern. So far, they seem competent and reasonably responsive. The test will be when the server is nice and full, then we will see.

Hope that helps.

R.
    Last edited by bluewebco; 07-14-2009 at 04:08 AM. Reason: typo

I was a RZ customer for about 3 years and am sorry to say I cannot recommend them. It was great in the beginning but server reliability slowly declined with many hours of downtime, email blacklist issues (one took 5 months to resolve). Customer support is poor at best. I've had a database erased after a tech 'took a look at it', multiple replies of 'the server is up and running now' when it actually wasn't, and many other incidents. I stayed with them hoping things would eventually get better but they never did so I finally moved...

To Innohosting. And I'm glad I made the move. Server reliability has been stable and fast and Chris and Rameen offer some of the best support I've ever experienced. Sure there's been some problems but nothing compared to what I experienced at RZ.

Good luck in choosing a host.

Am with InnoHosting right now. Worst experience I've ever had with anything. Completely unacceptable. I have no clue who the hell all you people are that are so happy with them. I can only guess that you're all paid to say this by them, or I'm the only one getting screwed over. I'll probably get another response from Rameem or Chris saying how it's somehow my fault they can't do a damn thing I ask, if only I'd follow along more their stupid guides. I'm sure they'd say anything to belittle anyone who doesn't offer a favorable opinion of them. So whatever. I am absolutely displeased at them and wish I wasn't suckered in by all the features they offered. I already knowingly gave up SSH access when I went to them, I gave up being on a server with RAID, I gave up storage and bandwidth. Trading all that for WHMCS, supposedly good support, end user support, domain reseller account, which you can't find out who they are with unless you ask, and they actually answer. SSL reseller account, WHICH I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED. There's just too much to say. I am giving them one last shot. Oh, and most importantly, I gave up being able to feel like I actually mattered. I gave up the feeling of having someone actually caring whether or not a problem I had was taken care of instead of just blaming the client when they couldn't take care of it. If you want awesome customer service and a competent support team, who has the time for you then go with IGXHost. There's a few features that they don't offer or offer for slightly more, but all in all it's worth it. I only left them for the supposed ease of WHMCS and the other features, thinking it would help me get off the ground faster. Instead I've had the worst 3 days of my web hosted life. I hope it gets better, but I'm not holding my breath.

EmeralSon,

We have tried our best to please you, in return all we have received is angry and insulting comments from you.

We provided explanation as to why you are having problems, but you refuse to accept any of the explanation but prefer to say everything is our fault.

Below is your ticket history with response times. You claimed you felt you didn't matter, even though we offered to call you up and do it all by telephone for you:

Ticket 289xx
    Opened: 3.22PM
    Responded: 3.31PM
    Resolved: 5.17PM

Ticket 289xx
    Opened: 7.49PM
    Responded: 7.58PM
    Resolved: 7.58PM

Ticket 289xx
    Opened: 3.38AM
    Responded: 4.38AM
    Resolved: No further action required on our part

Ticket 290xx
    Opened: 6.39AM
    Responded: 9.10AM
    Client provided SSL for install next day at 3.48PM
    SSL installed same day at: 3.55PM

Ticket 290xx
    Opened: 6.46AM
    Responded: 7.09AM
    Resolved: 7.09AM

Ticket 290xx
    Opened: 7.49AM
    Responded: 8.38AM
    Resolved: 8.59AM

Ticket 290xx
    Opened: 10.11AM
    Responded: 10.38AM
    Backup corrupted, home dir backup provided not the cPanel full backup. Still waiting for the correct backup..Client has claimed it is the full backup, but upon further inspection it is not. Issue still under dispute.

Ticket 290xx
    Opened: 4.02AM
    Responded: 5.08AM
    Duplicate ticket - closed.

Client expresses concern/complaint (ticket 290xx)
    I offered explanation
    I offered a solution to resolve the problems
    I detailed our internal work process
    Highlighted that we require each ticket to be limited to 1 issue otherwise we have to keep forwarding to the right dept.

Client responds with further complaint saying we are wrong to have this process and provides further feedback. Notes he doesn't want to open a ticket for every issue. Yet complains we keep forwarding him.
    Client begins to become abusive.

We respond apologising for the way he feels, offer further help. Client was offered:
    - Direct access to emergency email which is designated for staff use only
    - Client offered a telephone walkthrough to go through all his issues and get things set up for him

If the host you mentioned you believe has provided you better support, then please request a refund and move onto them. You can keep all the extras we have provided you thus far for free (except the WHMCS license).

Despite everything, we have continued working on every request, we put all your sarcasm behind us and put it down to just frustration.

I'm sorry you are not having a great experience with us, but to say we don't care about our clients, to say you were "suckered" and to say 5 years of hundreds of reviews, verified by WebHostingTalk staff themselves are false or are paid is untrue and serious accusations to make which I won't stand for. Then despite all our efforts you have come here to bad mouth us while still requesting help & support.

If you're willing to work with us, then we're willing to continue working with you, but we cannot continue under the current circumstances.
    Last edited by IH-Rameen; 07-20-2009 at 05:57 AM.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    EmeralSon,

We have tried our best to please you, in return all we have received is angry and insulting comments from you.

We provided explanation as to why you are having problems, but you refuse to accept any of the explanation but prefer to say everything is our fault.

Below is your ticket history with response times. You claimed you felt you didn't matter, even though we offered to call you up and do it all by telephone for you:

Ticket 289xx
    Opened: 3.22PM
    Responded: 3.31PM
    Resolved: 5.17PM

Ticket 289xx
    Opened: 7.49PM
    Responded: 7.58PM
    Resolved: 7.58PM

Ticket 289xx
    Opened: 3.38AM
    Responded: 4.38AM
    Resolved: No further action required on our part

Ticket 290xx
    Opened: 6.39AM
    Responded: 9.10AM
    Client provided SSL for install next day at 3.48PM
    SSL installed same day at: 3.55PM

Ticket 290xx
    Opened: 6.46AM
    Responded: 7.09AM
    Resolved: 7.09AM

Ticket 290xx
    Opened: 7.49AM
    Responded: 8.38AM
    Resolved: 8.59AM

Ticket 290xx
    Opened: 10.11AM
    Responded: 10.38AM
    Backup corrupted, home dir backup provided not the cPanel full backup. Still waiting for the correct backup..Client has claimed it is the full backup, but upon further inspection it is not. Issue still under dispute.

Ticket 290xx
    Opened: 4.02AM
    Responded: 5.08AM
    Duplicate ticket - closed.

Client expresses concern/complaint (ticket 290xx)
    I offered explanation
    I offered a solution to resolve the problems
    I detailed our internal work process
    Highlighted that we require each ticket to be limited to 1 issue otherwise we have to keep forwarding to the right dept.

Client responds with further complaint saying we are wrong to have this process and provides further feedback. Notes he doesn't want to open a ticket for every issue. Yet complains we keep forwarding him.
    Client begins to become abusive.

We respond apologising for the way he feels, offer further help. Client was offered:
    - Direct access to emergency email which is designated for staff use only
    - Client offered a telephone walkthrough to go through all his issues and get things set up for him

If the host you mentioned you believe has provided you better support, then please request a refund and move onto them. You can keep all the extras we have provided you thus far for free (except the WHMCS license).

Despite everything, we have continued working on every request, we put all your sarcasm behind us and put it down to just frustration.

I'm sorry you are not having a great experience with us, but to say we don't care about our clients, to say you were "suckered" and to say 5 years of hundreds of reviews, verified by WebHostingTalk staff themselves are false or are paid is untrue and serious accusations to make which I won't stand for. Then despite all our efforts you have come here to bad mouth us while still requesting help & support.

If you're willing to work with us, then we're willing to continue working with you, but we cannot continue under the current circumstances.
    They responded exactly like I said they would. Your ticket numbers mean nothing. The content is what matters, and how many messages back and forth. Results are what matters. Sarcasm? You damn skippy, especially when I get bogus excuses from people saying they can't answer something because there was too many things asked in a ticket, even though they are all in the same category. Or telling me files I gave them are wrong or corrupt, because they are unable to restore them.

So you are absolutely 100 percent correct in saying I am angry. Because I am. Who the hell wouldn't be angry? What world are you living in? Takes you forever to do stuff. Not my fault. Also all your times are blatant lies and inaccuracies. I have nice wonderful timestamped emails that show the actual times, as well as what was said in the messages. As far as that SSL goes. You installed it wrong, took way too long on it, tried to say I didn't submit it to you. All ridiculous stuff that could have been avoided if only I could install the damn thing myself instead of having to rely on you to do it.

Also, who doesn't have a support email account? I got an email from [email protected]. I replied to it with the SSL certificate. It had a permanent fail that came back. I thought you received it, because I replied to you directly. Have no clue why it ended up not working.

Please stop trying to explain everything away, because that's what pisses me off and that's what pisses off people in general. You always got something to say instead of just doing it. Or apologizing when you can't do it. I'm the one being insulted. Having my intelligence insulted by poor explanations and justifications.

Like I said though, I'm giving it one more chance. I'm going to pretend that today is the first damn day I have service with you guys. I'm going to do everything from scratch again, and I see you finally did what I requested and deleted my account and made it all over again. I will use this fresh slate and see what can be made from it. I still will not accept a bunch of b.s. and I'm sure I won't get any this time around anyways. By the way, I just noticed this lie that says you offered to call me up. Stop lying. There was never any such offer, ever.

As for the claim that my backup is corrupt. I have the backup. It's a full cPanel backup. It's already been used to restore the site once before. I can make a video of it being decompressed and show that it's full. So don't go down that way. Let's just have our fresh start, because I'm tired of it going like this.

P.S. For the last time, please tell me about the SSL reseller account. Tell me how long it takes to get the domain reseller up and running and lord knows what else, but at least those two.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSon View Post

So you are absolutely 100 percent correct in saying I am angry. Because I am. Who the hell wouldn't be angry? What world are you living in? Takes you forever to do stuff. Not my fault. Also all your times are blatant lies and inaccuracies. I have nice wonderful timestamped emails that show the actual times, as well as what was said in the messages. As far as that SSL goes. You installed it wrong, took way too long on it, tried to say I didn't submit it to you. All ridiculous stuff that could have been avoided if only I could install the damn thing myself instead of having to rely on you to do it.
    EmeraldSon, if you believe what we have posted are lies, then please post screenshots of the ticket view from https://client.innohosting.com

Or post screenshots of the tickets and their response times from whichever source you have.

These are accurate ticket logs compiled since the day you submitted your complaint and we are continuing to monitor everything from quality of responses to ticket response times since the day you logged your complaint.

By the way, I just noticed this lie that says you offered to call me up. Stop lying. There was never any such offer, ever.
    This was stated to you in your feedback ticket:

Posted on: 18 Jul 2009 05:19 PM
    Michael,

I also wanted to add, if you prefer to speak to me and manually go through all of your requests, then I can schedule a call to go through everything and any concerns you have as well as clarify anything..

Regards,
    Rameen
    InnoHosting Rapid Response
    I'm not going to go into detail with all the points made as I don't want to argue. You have stated you want to start fresh and I will consider it at that.

Thank you for providing the feedback.

I will contact you regarding your SSL reseller.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

@Emeraldson I think the best thing that you have said so far is that you will "give them one last shot" because I am certain that all of the problems you say you've had can be easily overcome. It is a shame that you made this angry post.

I know for a fact that, had you posted your concerns in the forums, the community would have helped to point you in the right direction in getting everything set up.

I also know for a fact that Inno themselves never fail to resolve any issue in a reasonable amount of time, and certainly when Rameen and Chris are personally involved. The whole Inno community knows what all of Inno's support is like, including EndSupport, and we are all satisfied, if not delighted with the quality. Rameen recently launched a detailed customer survey in a further effort to pro-actively monitor and improve every aspect of their whole model based on client feedback. The results clearly demonstrated that they are very much on the right track all round. Certainly, that is my own experience.

Inno do offer a very large bundle of items in their reseller packages that does take time to set up although the whole lot can take as little as little as 24 hours if instructions are simply followed. Instructions are available in the Getting Started Guide, the new Wiki, the forums and in the Knowledgebase.

Exhaustive clarification on any issue is constantly available from Inno themselves, by telephone, livechat and ticket. In your case, you were even given a priority email address for direct access to top.

Many problems and much waiting around can easily be avoided by having a sensible migration strategy in the first place that allows at least a week, possibly more, to get everything configured properly before any sites are migrated. There is a 16 day guarantee that allows you test to your heart's content at no cost or risk whatsoever.

You are advised that the system of one issue per ticket is best and there is more than one reason for that beyond the nuisance of having to transfer between departments constantly. Single issue tickets are more easily tracked and referenced by all concerned, yourself included. They are easier and faster to read because there is only one issue. Having to read an entire ticket full of multiple issues just to work out what is going on is extremely time consuming and can also lead to misunderstandings.

Even so, looking at the ticket times Rameen has provided, despite your lack of co-operation, responses have been rapid to say the least.

It is absurd for you to refuse to use a tried and tested system and route to getting set up both rapidly and successfully since you have scored a home goal. Plus, that is pretty childish. There's a fair bit to get through and arrogantly demanding things are done differently is, frankly, absurd. It is all done manually and carefully, a well trodden path, that you can either do the easy way or the hard way. The choice is yours.

To get the best from here, follow the system that is in place. It is done like that for a reason. Join the forum and ask for community help. Rest assured, we will help you, despite your unwarranted insult in your first post.
    Last edited by Mach4-Chris; 07-20-2009 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSon View Post
    Am with InnoHosting right now. Worst experience I've ever had with anything. Completely unacceptable. I have no clue who the hell all you people are that are so happy with them. I can only guess that you're all paid to say this by them, or I'm the only one getting screwed over. I'll probably get another response from Rameem or Chris saying how it's somehow my fault they can't do a damn thing I ask, if only I'd follow along more their stupid guides. I'm sure they'd say anything to belittle anyone who doesn't offer a favorable opinion of them. So whatever. I am absolutely displeased at them and wish I wasn't suckered in by all the features they offered. I already knowingly gave up SSH access when I went to them, I gave up being on a server with RAID, I gave up storage and bandwidth. Trading all that for WHMCS, supposedly good support, end user support, domain reseller account, which you can't find out who they are with unless you ask, and they actually answer. SSL reseller account, WHICH I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED. There's just too much to say. I am giving them one last shot. Oh, and most importantly, I gave up being able to feel like I actually mattered. I gave up the feeling of having someone actually caring whether or not a problem I had was taken care of instead of just blaming the client when they couldn't take care of it. If you want awesome customer service and a competent support team, who has the time for you then go with IGXHost. There's a few features that they don't offer or offer for slightly more, but all in all it's worth it. I only left them for the supposed ease of WHMCS and the other features, thinking it would help me get off the ground faster. Instead I've had the worst 3 days of my web hosted life. I hope it gets better, but I'm not holding my breath.
    I'm sorry that you've experienced such a bad time transferring to InnoHosting. I have recently switched one of my reseller accounts to them after a terrible experience with LaneHost.

For the record, I'm not being paid to say this but from what I have initially experienced with the transfer, InnoHosting has been very professional and very helpful. They transferred every domain successfully, worked with me to resolve issues that LaneHost never could solve and did this over a 3-day period.

I find their support staff extremely helpful and while the majority of my tickets were for domain transfers, these were all generally actioned within a very reasonable time period after being opened.

What more can a person ask for?