2 Fully Managed Servers Needed.. Help

Hello

We are having fully managed servers with HG. For the last more than 1 year they are not able to manage the servers effectively .. The server has gone down the more than 100 times. and they dont have reason for the same. For few times they took more than hours to reboot the servers. and i will let you know a lot of stories they did in last one year when i will get time. I have posted few threads few months before complaining to same.

As we are not experts , we had to chose managed hosting ... So we are still looking for someone with managed servers. Only big brands and who can handle all backend tasks and can run our servers smoothly where no user can be a reason to server down/abuse/spam or anything like so.

Please suggest us to find some hosting company with reputation.. not like HG having no experience in dedicated server management.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks
    Your buddy

Big brands cost a lot of money. You may want to specify what type of websites you are running and what OS you are using, as well as hardware specs. Short of that, you can contact some hosts directly for quotes.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

we are running shared hosting business on both of servers.

first is having cpanel/whm and other is having plesk.

Yours
    Hostgator sufferer

If you have a decent budget available I'm sure you can find a good host that answers withint a certain period of time and has quality hardware and support!
    Maybe it's good to look in the hosting offers section here on WHT to look for a host or mail a few to ask for a quote and check their response times.

Good luck.
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

To OP:

Ask Nate C to install his monitor script on your server. They are quite experienced over there.

I'd recommend you to check out Handy Networks. They also provide dedicated servers on lease along with Fully managed service level.

Rick
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

How to Deal with Hostgator guys who are really a cause of our loss of business and reputation. We do have proof where they did a lot of wrong things and were not able to manage the servers.

Hostgator sufferer

Hi there,
    Providers are not allowed to post there offerings for you. I suggest you check out the offers section, find a company you like and see what they can do for you.
    -Jacob
    iWebFusion [AS397373] - 6 US datacenters offering shared, reseller, dedicated, VPS and Colo
    California (x2) | Oregon | Iowa | North Carolina | Nevada

I'll second HandyNetworks.com, I've really enjoyed working with them.

Regards,
    Jerret

@bigsamindia - I think you need to mention what your budget is - as you've experienced the level of server you have, perhaps you may want to look at someone like SoftLayer for the server, then get 3rd party management of the OS/Security for your server .. but, servers with high uptimes and reliable hardware doesn't come cheap ...
    Intellitech I.T. Solutions Ltd.
    Intellitech Hosting - Dedicated Servers worldwide - including USA, London (UK), EU, Asia & Australia
    Server Load Balancing, Hardware Firewalls, MPLS Connectivity

have you gone through HG prices.. we are looking for prices around the same

Yours Buddy

what SLAs are you looking for?
    Datacenter Luxembourg
    sglange AT dclux DOT com

Quote Originally Posted by bigsamindia View Post
    Only big brands and who can handle all backend tasks and can run our servers smoothly where no user can be a reason to server down/abuse/spam or anything like so.
    Most providers will suspend a server if complaints are not addressed in a timely manner, as long as you handle that on your end, you should be able to go with several reputable managed hosting providers.
    Chris Larkin
    Senior Hosting Consultant
    SingleHop Managed Dedicated Servers
    http://singlehop.com

how far do intend to have your services managed?

what applications are you running on them?

best,
    Datacenter Luxembourg
    sglange AT dclux DOT com

simple shared hosting business....

and FULLY managed.

Do you have a location preference? The best fully managed company I have used is WiredTree. True to their ads, they make dedicated and VPS servers boring, since you pretty much never have to touch them. They also have 24/7 support, a pretty diverse network, and a nice client portal. They probably have some specials going right now too.

Alex

What kind of budget are you working with right now @ HG on these setups? Full on management will require some bucks, but as long as you're willing to pay the cost then there's always a host that can fit any level of need. In your past dealings / complaints with them have they ever thought about putting you into a new server? I know with cpanel it's as easy as running a script and they can have you in a completely new server in the matter of a few hours, if you have alot of accounts.
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033

Quote Originally Posted by bigsamindia View Post
    Hello

We are having fully managed servers with HG. For the last more than 1 year they are not able to manage the servers effectively .. The server has gone down the more than 100 times. and they dont have reason for the same. For few times they took more than hours to reboot the servers. and i will let you know a lot of stories they did in last one year when i will get time. I have posted few threads few months before complaining to same.
    Hi,

I've done a little bit of reading about your issue and know more or less the root cause. You will need proactive server management, which usually comes with fully managed plans (something to discuss and negotiate with your prospective provider). Also, due to the nature of the business that you're running, the provider has to be aware of the potential issues and enforce rules without terminating your server.

It's definitely doable.

Best
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    Server Management - Unlimited Servers. Unlimited Requests. One Plan!
    cPanel Varnish Plugin -- Seamless SSL Caching (Let's Encrypt, AutoSSL, etc)
    Slow Site or Server? Unable to handle traffic? Same day performance fix: joe@unixy

Hello,

Have you tried working it out with your provider? Won't they work with you at all? I have no idea what your requirements are, but from what i can peice together, you should have no problem with most datacenters. Check out the offers pages here at WHT.

Be sure to let us know how you make out!
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog