* Whats the Best Plans and Prices to Keep

i see many host offering un metered space and bandwith. Also some hosts charging $ 30/month for Reseller Accounts as we had just started a new venture we have kept very low prices our base reseller starts from $ 4 /month with 10 Gb Space and 125 GB Bandwith. I need openioun of people regarding the ideal cost of this plan and some sample plans with there fair value
    support is an important aspect please consider 24/7 Live Chat Support

looks like you are into the overselling business - you better worry about your ToS and all other legal matters before worrying about plan pricing - no matter what the price is, unlimited space and bandwidth will always be overselling.

Don't try and compete with other providers on price, especially the big boys because you won't be able to compete and stay profitable. Don't claim things you cannot provide, customers will see through it straight away. Things like claiming 24/7 support and then no answer on a ticket until working hours the next day will soon annoy your clients that signed up for that kind of service and they will move on.

If I were you I'd back out of the "Unlimited" stuff just because I've seen a lot of hosts have problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gemwebhost View Post
    i see many host offering un metered space and bandwith. Also some hosts charging $ 30/month for Reseller Accounts as we had just started a new venture we have kept very low prices our base reseller starts from $ 4 /month with 10 Gb Space and 125 GB Bandwith. I need openioun of people regarding the ideal cost of this plan and some sample plans with there fair value
    Find your niche, and exploit it. Please do not become one of those hosts that offer unlimited everything.

Try to be honest with your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Wajdan View Post
    Try to be honest with your business.
    How about, Be honest with your business.

If there really were a "best", the vast majority of providers would have prices and packages around that point.

You need to decide on a target market, see what your competitors offer, out-do them in some way (price wars should be avoided if at all possible), and find cost effective ways of putting your offer in front of the right people.

At $4, I would not call that a reseller account. It is a shared hosting account, and the customers attracted to it will probably be hobbyists who need a lot of hand holding. One has to wonder, how reasonable is someone who wants to start a hosting business on a $4 account? Is he the type of person you want to deal with, day in an day out?

Quote Originally Posted by gemwebhost View Post
    Hosts offering unlimited/unmetered space of bandwidth - you should steer clear of them. They can't live up to that promise, and if you were to use a lot of bandwidth they would suspend you. If you use too much space, same thing. If you think that they are going to spend lots of dollars adding hard drives for you alone, and paying thousands for bandwidth overages because they offer unlimited service, you are mistaken.

To answer your question: While that plan is at a good price, I believe the company is overselling their reseller hosting plan (ie they are pricing the plan too low for what they offer, unless its part of a promotion). You should check reviews and their reputation.

Even though you are starting off as a small web hosting company, do not try to cut costs. It is worth paying more for a quality reseller hosting service from a reputable company than paying low amounts of money for sub-par reseller hosting services. You (and your clients) will thank you in the long run, and your reputation will be better.
    bikster.com - Quality Hosting. Affordable Prices.
    Providing premium quality shared and reseller cPanel/WHM hosting at low prices!
    Reseller cPanel/WHM hosting solutions that you can afford

i have a server with limestone networks
    It has a Core 2 Quard
    8 GB Ram
    1.5 TB HDD
    10 Mbps Unmetered
    Per GB Cost is $ 0.1 (server)
    Per GB Cost Including Support Staff and Other Expenses(SEO,SW License) is $ 0.35 per GB Per Month
    10 GB Plan Cost Price is $ 3.5 what should be the ideal selling price are people afraid of registering for low priced hosting

I would say anywhere around $3.99-$5.99 is ok for a shared 10GB plan. But then again, that's just me.

For a reseller? Anywhere from $5.99-$7.99.
    bikster.com - Quality Hosting. Affordable Prices.
    Providing premium quality shared and reseller cPanel/WHM hosting at low prices!
    Reseller cPanel/WHM hosting solutions that you can afford

There is no ideal price to set. You need to look at the services you are offering, your costs, future costs and set the appropriate margin.

You shouldn't just consider the server cost as the only cost you will ever have..
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

It is better not to compete with anyone on the price, Better service and transparency goes a long way for a customer. There are customers who are willing to pay more for a superior services.

Cheers,
    Binoy.

$3.99 for a 10 GB plan? That's like one cup of coffee. Other factors to consider:

1) Just because you have 1.5 TB of disk space doesn't mean that the disk will be fast enough for those hundreds of websites.

2) Those $3 buy just about 1.5 minutes of my time, so I couldn't afford any hand holding at these rates. You do want to make a money rather than just breaking even, right?

3) What about other overhead? Billing transaction costs, backup costs, taxes?
    Pings <1 ms, Unlimited Transfer, Lowest Price: http://localhost/

R u making a business plan ?? Have u considered other areas of concern such as "WHAT IF" kind of issues ??
    IPStrada When uptime counts.
    Warren Buffet: Honesty is very expensive gift do not expect it from cheap people.

You need to write down what your monthly finance is, for example, server costs, billing panel cost etc.

Once thats all worked out you can then start on your plans and pricing, when doing this though try not too make your deals as low as you can because when it comes to deals and promotions you may loose out

As someone who has just spent the last 2 weeks looking for hosting, and STILL haven't found it yet, I can suggest the following:

1. Don't say unlimited, we all know it's not really unlimited.
    2. Be realistic about what you can offer, most of us would rather pay a little more and get what's being offered than pay less and get nothing.
    3. Make sure your pricing is such that you won't be going out of business next month.
    4. Make your TOS and AUP CLEAR. Detail what you allow and don't allow and please don't make me hunt all day for it or have to mail you to find out if you host or don't host something. Or how much cpu, ram, bandwidth, disk space I get with my package. (Refer to 1.)

The plans we kept are just as Launch Offer we will not be keeping those prices but it would remain for the people who have signed up .
    We Plan to Increase the prices in about 2 weeks from now just working out the costs and stuff

Well some of the big companies claim to offer unlimited space and bandwith we as consumers need to be aware that more than likely this is a facade and not necessarily true.

In the consumer's eyes value and truth for money is always very good and often times leads to the consumer coming back to you for further service

so if you're looking for returning customers then its best if your invest in truthful advertising customers will appreciate this and keep returning also if you have good customer care support

I've seen many companies attempt to offer unlimited space/bandwidth, although I don't see them very successful. I would recommend not to do it. Try a different approach. Revamp your prices by how much it cost to stay in business and advertise constantly.
    ModulaOne Network - Premium, Reliable, & Affordable
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee. 15 Day Money-Back Guarantee.
    cPanel/ WHM | Nginx + Varnish | CloudFlare | Softaculous