Hostmania/Chavvon/eservers.biz

I had made a purchase thru them when they had the deal with eservers.biz. As you all know, something went wrong and eservers.biz lost their account, but all peoples money was not refunded.

Now I contacted my bank all that time ago, and they would not do a chargeback. So I asked chavvon, from hostmania, and he said he would refund it.

Then the card expired. THis meant a simple refund to the card was not possible. Chavvon then agreed to doing a wire transfer. I waited around 1 month, then asked him about the refund. He then said he would do it asap. A month later, I mailed again.

NO RESPONSE.

I have since then (3 months time), mailed him numerous times, thru both chavvon@hostmania.com AND mailed him thru these forums, but get NO reply.

Which leads me to think that perhaps it was a nice big scam. I think that perhaps they didnt have their account closed and that chavvon has just lied to everyone to obtain HEAPS of cash.

I know this may sound ompimistik, but what am I to think when I aint recieved ANYTHING for the payment I made MONTHS ago. it was to the value of around $350.

What do you guys think? eservers.biz say it aint there fault .. if they were signing people up to it and it aint there fault, then who's is it?

In other words, whom am I taking to small claims court?

Hmmm... you should have resolved this a while ago. Try calling Chavvon, he has helped other people through this fiasco (the problem was with their merchant provider).

- Matt

mainarea, I tried solving the problem went it first arrived. I was told he would look after it... then I waited, asked again, then was assured it would be refunded.. and I am still waiting.

What am I spose to do?

Got his number to call?

For issues that need immediate attention such as a complete system failure, please call us at 866-HOSTMANIA
    I seem to remember HIS number posted somewhere else, but can't seem to find it.

- Matt

I live in Australia.. will need a international number.

But even so.. yah think not answering 1 single email is a little shady?

Don't know about Chavvon however eservers.biz would not con anyone , they are a great bunch of guys Imran & Shazad
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Yeah, I know.. I have all my servers with them..

I am just saying.. like sheesh.. dont they think it is time to give me my refund now?

So noone else has any comments? That would have to be a first

It doesn't sound like we can comment on anything.

Since you got the server through eservers.biz (right?), have you tried talking to them and see if they can arrange for a refund?

Peter

Yes, they referred me to chavvon.

After chavvon started ignoring me, I asked them to help out. They said there is nothing they can do and that it aint their fault.

Well, the big problem is that you have cancelled your card, otherwise you could simply dispute the charge and get your money back.

Try talking to your bank to see if they will dispute the charge for you. Otherwise, you probably will just have to wait until IPayment releases the fund.

Peter

IPayment?

I did try dispute the charge.. but in Australia, our banks are very harsh with chargebacks.. unlike america. They simply said "NO".

Who is IPayment?

IPayment is the payment processor that "froze" the fund going to hostmania.

Peter

I see...

So perhaps I should contact Ipayment?

Got a URL?

From all that I have read, IPayment doesn't pay attention to us (those who have paid hostmania). You can read all about it in the forum archive.

I am not sure about the URL, but you can find it in the forum archive.

Peter

So..

It is probably Ipayment who are the fraudsters?

I bet they made some good money out of that one..

From what I heard, there were lots of complaints about IPayment. Lots of people got screwed by them; I have also visited one website dedicated to the story of how a business was ruined because of IPayment.

Peter

If chavvon could simply respond to one of the many emails I have sent I am sure we could work things out..

He frequents the forums.. I know that much.

Same here. It takes him a while to reply to tickets that I open. (I am almost positive that he read them immediately, but don't reply until much later).

Still waiting for 12 hours for a server-down ticket. (luckily nothing important is on it).

Peter

o_O

Dont sound to good

Come on Chavvon...

You never online?