Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    /root/webhosting
    Posts
    884

    * LxAdmin on VPS, need your opinions.

    Hi friends, I am planning to buy VPS for proxy hostings.
    I would like to have LxAdmin on it, but I want to know its requirments.

    Is LxAdmin is free ? Because I need free Control Panel.

    I heard that it need only "15 MB" of RAM, is it true ?
    ██ Website Hosting Mumbai | Web Hosting India
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed
    ██ cPanel-Softaculous Shared Hosting | 99.9% Uptime
    ██ sales[at]linkwayhosting.com | +91-9930-3388-67

  2. #2
    I'd avoid LxAdmin with the creator of it dying and everything... it's riddled with security issues, and is not recommend to be running on a public facing/ VPS server...

    http://forum.lxlabs.com/index.php?t=...12609&start=0&

    I'd recommend DirectAdmin as a "cheap" alternative for LxAdmin, but personally would recommend cPanel based on personal experience if you can afford it. cPanel is offered by most providers for right around just an additional 8-10$/per month on top of their current monthly rate, which really isn't that bad.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    /root/webhosting
    Posts
    884
    What is the price of DirectAdmin ? What about cPanel ?
    ██ Website Hosting Mumbai | Web Hosting India
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed
    ██ cPanel-Softaculous Shared Hosting | 99.9% Uptime
    ██ sales[at]linkwayhosting.com | +91-9930-3388-67

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    /root/webhosting
    Posts
    884
    Where can I get cheap VPS ?
    ██ Website Hosting Mumbai | Web Hosting India
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed
    ██ cPanel-Softaculous Shared Hosting | 99.9% Uptime
    ██ sales[at]linkwayhosting.com | +91-9930-3388-67

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by troboy View Post
    What is the price of DirectAdmin ? What about cPanel ?
    Hello,
    cPanel for VPS is $14/month from cPaneldirect.net

    I don't know the price of directadmin.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin Tx
    Posts
    2,001
    Virtualmin is free and powerful.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    202
    I wouldn't go for LxAdmin as the owner of LxLabs died recently, so development has stalled. This means bugs, security issues and all.

    I suggest you get a VPS with either cPanel or DirectAdmin. Some providers will top up an extra fee for this, however some provide it for free. If possible, I recommend that you get cPanel.
    bikster.com - Quality Hosting. Affordable Prices.
    Providing premium quality shared and reseller cPanel/WHM hosting at low prices!
    Reseller cPanel/WHM hosting solutions that you can afford

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by troboy View Post
    What is the price of DirectAdmin ? What about cPanel ?
    Most providers sell DirectAdmin for $5-$6/per month. If you have no experience with DirectAdmin, and you have lacking experience with server administration and your getting an unmanaged VPS, get cPanel.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    /home/India/Kolkata
    Posts
    306
    In fact, directadmin is far less complex than cpanel and very cost effective.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    /root/webhosting
    Posts
    884
    I am planning to go with vpslink.com
    How is their service ? I know its unmanaged. I have never used VPS before.
    I need minimum space and I am going to optimize it for proxy hosting and proxy reselling

    So Which vpslink plan is good for me ? Need your opinions.
    http://vpslink.com/vps-hosting/
    ██ Website Hosting Mumbai | Web Hosting India
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed
    ██ cPanel-Softaculous Shared Hosting | 99.9% Uptime
    ██ sales[at]linkwayhosting.com | +91-9930-3388-67

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    958
    go for the Link 3. if you're opting for vpslink.

    they are a bit okay. have used them for 3 months and the speed was okay.

    my advice, get a Linode from Linode.com

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Utopia.
    Posts
    222
    Stay away from anything to do with LxLabs now

    Since you have never used a VPS before I suggest you getting a managed host.

    Got myself a VPS with AquariusStorage.com and it's been great so far. The first time you buy the VPS, they will set up cPanel and configure it with a firewall and everything for you. They sell cPanel licenses for $10, which is great and $2 extra if you need Fantastico (in your case probably not because of proxy hosting ) They are quite reputable, just search up AquariusADMIN on here.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,513
    Go with direct admin, you should get it for about $6 on a VPS.
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

  14. #14
    Direct admin will be a good choice for you. In terms of its price, you would notice about 50% difference with the price of a DA VPS and cPanel VPS.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    62
    VPSSPEED.COM has a 10 dollar VPS and Direct Admin is 6 dollars. You just have to install it yourself which is easy

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,204
    Go for DirectAdmin , it has a low memory footprint on the system, and it's VERY stable.

    tested it on ATOM based 512RAM - RPS server, with sevral websites(about 25 domains - one site is a download site for an online game ).

    here's a look under the hood:

    [email protected] beastserv ~ # free -m
    total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 488 479 8 0 4 401
    -/+ buffers/cache: 73 414
    Swap: 1906 0 1906
    [email protected] beastserv ~ # uptime
    02:41:50 up 29 days, 6:10, 1 user, load average: 0.13, 0.06, 0.08
    beast5.com - Managed Hosting Solutions 2004 - 2016

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Gods Own Country
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by agnivo007 View Post
    In fact, directadmin is far less complex than cpanel and very cost effective.
    I agree to the fact that Direct Admin is cheaper.

    Is there any reason why you say that DA is less complex than Cpanel? As far as I know and from my experience Cpanel is one of the most user friendly product and its one of the highly recommended product. So I am just curious on your statement "directadmin is far less complex". Any particular reason?
    Blessen Cherian
    Follow me on twitter.com/blessenonly
    Over a decade plus in the Hosting Industry

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by blessen View Post
    I agree to the fact that Direct Admin is cheaper.

    Is there any reason why you say that DA is less complex than Cpanel? As far as I know and from my experience Cpanel is one of the most user friendly product and its one of the highly recommended product. So I am just curious on your statement "directadmin is far less complex". Any particular reason?
    Whilst cPanel is a great panel, DirectAdmin does have the edge on simplicity and speed. It's footprint is much smaller than cPanel's and it doesn't take over your system.

    DA's features are now almost identical to cPanel's and both have minor features that the other doesn't. Either way, whichever one you use, you'll be happy. Price wise, your better with DA, but if you need the 'hand-holding' interface, go for cPanel.
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kandy, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    205
    Agree on that. I've not used DA buti'm hoping to switch to it soon. I've used Kloxo(aka LxAdmin) before the development stalled and it was a real pleasure to work with. I now use cPanel and it's very hard to work with compared to Kloxo.

    Every now and then i have to goto to the shell and work with cPanel where it a breeze with Kloxo.

    Try www.vpsright.com for low budget vps with Management+free cPanel/DirectAdmin. I'm using their services and didn't have any issues with them so far. And the tech support is great.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33
    Both Virtualmin or Webmin are free and they continue to update. You can access all hosting management features through a web based gui.
    Top VPS Hosting Providers
    See some of the best VPS hosting providers and learn about VPS Technology at
    Best VPS Hosting

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Gods Own Country
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by VPSMaster View Post
    Both Virtualmin or Webmin are free and they continue to update. You can access all hosting management features through a web based gui.
    Yes, virtualmin is a great option and its evolving.
    Blessen Cherian
    Follow me on twitter.com/blessenonly
    Over a decade plus in the Hosting Industry

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    /root/webhosting
    Posts
    884
    Well, How is Virtualmin and VHCP ? I like them both.
    Both of them are free.
    I want resellers facility , i.e. I should be able to make my resellers.
    VHCP provides this facility. But what are its hardware requirements ?
    Which Linux OS ? RAM ? HDD ? Nothing is mentioned on their website
    http://www.vhcs.net/new/
    ██ Website Hosting Mumbai | Web Hosting India
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed
    ██ cPanel-Softaculous Shared Hosting | 99.9% Uptime
    ██ sales[at]linkwayhosting.com | +91-9930-3388-67

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1
    @troboy: VHCS Control Panel

    hxxp://vhcs.net/new/modules/wfchannel/index.php?pagenum=3

    (Pulled From Website)

    Requirements:

    Platform Support

    SuSE Linux 7.x 8.x and 9.x
    Red Hat Linux 7.x and 9.0
    Debian Linux sid, woody and sarge
    Fedora Core1, Core2 and Core 3

    Details:

    Apache-Webserver
    Postfix - MTA
    ProFTP
    PHP 4.x
    Perl
    MySQL-Database
    POP3 and IMAP Daemon (Courier)
    OpenSSL or mod_ssl for SSL-Webs
    BIND8 / BIND9 (DNS Server)
    iptables (optional)

    Installation:

    Installation is very easy. We have installation packages (RPM, DEB) for different linux-distributions (at the moment RedHat, SuSE, Debian).

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    /root/webhosting
    Posts
    884

    *

    Quote Originally Posted by jhroper View Post
    @troboy: VHCS Control Panel

    hxxp://vhcs.net/new/modules/wfchannel/index.php?pagenum=3

    (Pulled From Website)

    Requirements:

    Platform Support

    SuSE Linux 7.x 8.x and 9.x
    Red Hat Linux 7.x and 9.0
    Debian Linux sid, woody and sarge
    Fedora Core1, Core2 and Core 3

    Details:

    Apache-Webserver
    Postfix - MTA
    ProFTP
    PHP 4.x
    Perl
    MySQL-Database
    POP3 and IMAP Daemon (Courier)
    OpenSSL or mod_ssl for SSL-Webs
    BIND8 / BIND9 (DNS Server)
    iptables (optional)

    Installation:

    Installation is very easy. We have installation packages (RPM, DEB) for different linux-distributions (at the moment RedHat, SuSE, Debian).
    Yes, but how much RAM is required ?
    They have not specified it.
    ██ Website Hosting Mumbai | Web Hosting India
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed
    ██ cPanel-Softaculous Shared Hosting | 99.9% Uptime
    ██ sales[at]linkwayhosting.com | +91-9930-3388-67

Similar Threads

  1. VPS LxAdmin
    By TheBizDev in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 09:26 PM
  2. Kloxo vs LxAdmin ? (The new face of lxadmin)
    By GloryImSaved in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 11:12 PM
  3. What do you think of lxadmin
    By cyberderf in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 03:09 PM
  4. Lxadmin SSE or HiB?
    By CeeJayCee in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 08:04 AM
  5. Rackmounted - Any Opinions? Also need opinions on packages.
    By Bojangles6 in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-29-2006, 06:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •