Need advice (Reseller Merchandise)

Hello,

I though about doing this for a while but honestly I do not know where to start. I have a large forum (won't say the site) that I own that drives a lot of traffic for computers / hardware related questions/answers ..discussion forum.

I want to re-sell for a company but most companies when you join as an affiliated merchandise vendor they want you to place links on my website then re-direct them to their own site for order. I don't mind this but I rather build up a site which I brand and name for a very long time to come.

So what I am looking for is ..anyone know any vendors or companies that may let me sell the products on my own site ..then they ship it out for me under my company's name?

...Curious to get something started. The forum is a jump point to start advertising there as its the targeted niche.

Quote Originally Posted by peruviantalk View Post
    Hello,

I though about doing this for a while but honestly I do not know where to start. I have a large forum (won't say the site) that I own that drives a lot of traffic for computers / hardware related questions/answers ..discussion forum.

I want to re-sell for a company but most companies when you join as an affiliated merchandise vendor they want you to place links on my website then re-direct them to their own site for order. I don't mind this but I rather build up a site which I brand and name for a very long time to come.

So what I am looking for is ..anyone know any vendors or companies that may let me sell the products on my own site ..then they ship it out for me under my company's name?

...Curious to get something started. The forum is a jump point to start advertising there as its the targeted niche.
    I see exactly what your saying but your really going to need to find someone willing to do this. As you will be getting the client's but they will be providing the server etc... but it's going to be hard because you want it under a company name your going to bring up from ground 0 and expect someone to act like they are strictly only working for your company. How are you going to do this? Do you want them to offer private name server's too just to fit the company name you decide to go with? What about support? What if someone need's phone support. Are you going to provide this? Or expect the person providing the product to also handle the phone support? If so how will it work for them not to say their own comapny name instead when they answer the phone? Im sure you want to strictly go under the name your starting. What's the amount of profit your expecting? Why not just get a reseller if your so sure of getting many client's and profit it all and just pay the monthly reseller fee? See people can see this as good and bad because not only you can simply create the company from ground 0 and expect another provider to handle everything for you and you profit let's say 40% of each sale and all thing's are going great etc and boom now lets say you have 50-100 client's. You will be able to simply say im going to ditch this deal and start on my own as these current clients now know the service by the company name i started and take the client's and run and go start it up on your own. Now the person providing all this at first not only lost out but wasted their time its a pretty touchy thing considering you want it ran on a company name you want to bring up from ground 0. Your best bet is to just buy a reseller.
    Last edited by Dustin Cisneros; 07-11-2009 at 04:16 AM.