Backup complete! Looking for a new VPS Provider.

Hello!
    tried 2 provider so far , both have poor uptime and support.
    need a low priced vps including the following:
    128 or 256 RAM* (depends on the price)
    Around 24 IPs
    IRC allowed
    Disk space isn't a problem
    Debian
    99.9% Uptime Guaranteed
    Good Customer Support

looking forward to your suggestions << snipped >>.
    Last edited by net; 07-12-2009 at 06:46 AM.

WowVPS(I don't know if IRC is allowed though...)
    netdepot vps's
    wiredtree
    jaguarpc(they are the same company as wowvps, but based on virtuozzo)
    solarvps

Linode.com

384MB Ram
    IRC allowed
    Debian
    100% Up
    Customer Service is awesome
    $19.95 /month

$1.00/ additional IP (needs justification though)

thanks for the suggestions.

Jacob Wall:wowvps.com doesnt allow irc
    sleepybear : heard some good things about linode, yet they wouldnt allow the amount of ips i need.

well, you could try slicehost.com they are like linode. IDK if they will allow such amount of IPs though.

sleepybear: these companies cant sell ips without justification.Needing IPs simply for IRC Vhosts isnt considered proper justification.

Yeah 24IPs with IRC support would be hard to get!

http://johncompanies.com/ should be able to help with that.

Otherwise, FDCServers will provide 30 IP's on their largest VPS:
    http://fdcservers.net/Services/Virtu...SVDSPlans#s186

VDS #5 (IRC Allowed)
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

Otherwise, FDCServers will provide 30 IP's on their largest VPS:
    VDS #5 (IRC Allowed)
    $149/month! you consider that to be cheap ?
    That's the highest price i have ever seen for a vps.
    if i could pay $149 i wouldn't be looking for a vps.

lets say i dont need those 24 IPs , what providers would you suggest?

You can purchase most IP addresses from providers for 1.25$ per additional IP on average, and as long as you have a reason to be using those IP addresses, the provider shouldn't have a problem giving them to you. If they are, you're probably looking in the wrong places.

You can purchase most IP addresses from providers for 1.25$ per additional IP on average, and as long as you have a reason to be using those IP addresses, the provider shouldn't have a problem giving them to you. If they are, you're probably looking in the wrong places.
    Justification is asked per IP based on the provider.For example Sharktech offers 64 IPs for 10$ without having to justify your need for them.(yet unfortunately that offer doesn't apply to their vps plans)

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    I hate to sound bad here but do you really understand? Yes. Most providers offer IP's but they still require justification. There are limited VPS providers which allow IRC. With that, ARIN doesn't consider IRC vhosts as justification.

Quote Originally Posted by lbht View Post
    Justification is asked per IP based on the provider.For example Sharktech offers 64 IPs for 10$ without having to justify your need for them.(yet unfortunately that offer doesn't apply to their vps plans)
    Correct. That is only on dedicated and only because they own the IP's.

$149/month! you consider that to be cheap ?
    That's the highest price i have ever seen for a vps.
    if i could pay $149 i wouldn't be looking for a vps.

lets say i dont need those 24 IPs , what providers would you suggest?
    I didn't say it was cheap. It isn't going to be cheap because VPS providers simply don't assign that many IP's when it is an IRC configuration. Too much liability (possibility of an attack) which would affect every other node on the server.

The only other company I know of that allows IRC VPS configurations at competitive prices is: http://ww.santrex.net or http://www.sh3lls.net as they used to offer VPS'.
    Last edited by FiberPeer; 07-12-2009 at 06:51 PM.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support

do you really understand? Yes. Most providers offer IP's but they still require justification.
    No, S/he said most IPs not most providers.

It isn't going to be cheap because VPS providers simply don't assign that many IP's when it is an IRC configuration
    i already have one for 16$ with 24 ips yet the service is very poor(lots of downtime/bad customer support).
    Im hoping to find another for around the same price(with a lot less amount of ips), yet with good uptime/support.

No, S/he said most IPs not most providers.

i already have one for 16$ with 24 ips yet the service is very poor(lots of downtime/bad customer support).
    Im hoping to find another for around the same price(with a lot less amount of ips), yet with good uptime/support.
    Now you're seeing what I mean. Most *reputable* providers with good support and a good technical staff, will know better than to configure VPS nodes in such a manner. This will not be easily found. If you can find it, you will probably pay $2-4.00 per IP address.

If you're still looking, I'll recommend datahostdirect.com.
    They're cheap and allow IRC. I run irc client in screen 24/7, no issues so far. They assist quickly when you ask, the support is fast and helpful.

I'm writing a 1 year review about them now, check the forum if you will.

IMHO, IRC enabling provider will be difficult to find.
    Datacenter Luxembourg
    sglange AT dclux DOT com

Well, as I've said, I asked about IRC client at datahostdirect, they allow it. Dunno about the server though, you need to check that with them.