URGENT Please help with website problem

We recently launched our website. Our account manager suggested we use Nvu for future changes/updates to the website's content. The program seems fairly easy to use. I edited one of the website pages, "About Us" and previewed it. Everything looked good. I saved it and published it. Now, when I go to the website and to the particular page I just edited, using Internet Explorer 8, the page is blank. However, when I go to the website using Mozilla, all my changes are there and everything looks good. I'm so lost....what is happening? HELP PLEASE!

The URL is <<removed>>
    The page w/the problem is the 2nd tab/page - About Us
    Last edited by sirius; 07-10-2009 at 09:45 PM.

Your website is reported as a attack site in firefox. I am guessing, I do not have my virtualbox with windows on atm, nor do I have IE8, but its probably auto-blocked by IE8 because its considered a attack site (not sure if IE8 has this functionality, but I would assume by now it should), so you would have to manually override the block from the browser.

Yes I think this guy may be trying to give us viruses................................................. Its his 1st post.

But who knows
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Web Hosting Templates for WHMCS Templates | WordPress | HTML | Blesta | Clientexec
    █ Professional WHMCS Services | Installation | Configuration | Integration | Upgrades

I am not worried, I am running linux, so the chance in minimal, but it might be wise for windows users to avoid the site for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sequencehosting View Post
    Yes I think this guy may be trying to give us viruses................................................. Its his 1st post.

But who knows
    Please believe I'm not trying to give anyone any viruses. Last week, one of our customers reported that he got a threat warning when he tried to log on to our website. We had ValueWeb (through Costco) design our website.

Quote Originally Posted by csparks View Post
    Your website is reported as a attack site in firefox. I am guessing, I do not have my virtualbox with windows on atm, nor do I have IE8, but its probably auto-blocked by IE8 because its considered a attack site (not sure if IE8 has this functionality, but I would assume by now it should), so you would have to manually override the block from the browser.
    I spoke to ValueWeb's technical support and he said something about me downloading all the website content and running it through a virus scan program to clean it up and then repost it. Since I have very little technical knowledge, plus the guy had a very heavy accent, this didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by csparks View Post
    Where do you see the attack site reporting on firefox? Why would it block one page but not the others?

The problem is not your site, it's an IFRAME going to this page:

<<removed>>

This site is listed as malware.. remove that iframe and it will go away.
    Last edited by sirius; 07-10-2009 at 09:46 PM.
    Falcon Internet - North Carolina, USA - +1 (336) 285-0645
    █ Full Service IT services - www.falconinternet.net
    █ US Web Hosting & Development | Interworx CP | Hosted PBX/VoIP | IT Consulting | VPS

Quote Originally Posted by greko View Post
    Please believe I'm not trying to give anyone any viruses. Last week, one of our customers reported that he got a threat warning when he tried to log on to our website. We had ValueWeb (through Costco) design our website.
    Ahh I see sorry for the wild guess. I guess everything seemed like that with it being your 1st post as well.

I hope you figure out your problems mate
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Web Hosting Templates for WHMCS Templates | WordPress | HTML | Blesta | Clientexec
    █ Professional WHMCS Services | Installation | Configuration | Integration | Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by sequencehosting View Post
    Ahh I see sorry for the wild guess. I guess everything seemed like that with it being your 1st post as well.

I hope you figure out your problems mate
    I hope so too!

Quote Originally Posted by FalconInternet View Post
    The problem is not your site, it's an IFRAME going to this page:

<<removed>>

This site is listed as malware.. remove that iframe and it will go away.
    At the risk of sounding totally ignorant and like an idiot, what is an IFRAME? and what am I supposed to do with the URL you listed?
    Last edited by sirius; 07-10-2009 at 09:46 PM.

Yeah I never bothered to look because I just assumed. Does it work right after removing the iframe?

You need to contact a security expert who can help you identify:

1) What the actual problem is
    2) How it happened
    3) What you can do to fix it and prevent it

I'd reccomend you contact Scott at AdminGeekz - http://www.admingeekz.com/

NOTE: I've removed the link to your infected website and the other posts showing the iFrame exploit - do NOT repost it.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I haven't figured out how to remove the iframe. I just downloaded the newest version of Firefox and when I tried to open our website, I got the attach warning. I see what you were referring to. When I clicked on "why was this site blocked?", this is what shows up:
    Safe Browsing
    Diagnostic page for <<removed>>

What is the current listing status for <<removed>>?

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 1 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-07-08, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS3064 (AFFINITY).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, <<removed>> did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

It sounds like whoever is hosting your website either doesn't have it secure and it's being exploited. You need someone who knows how to edit your website and talk to them about removing that IFRAME and securing your website.

What is an IFRAME? It's HTML that references a box of another webpage..
    http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_iframe.asp
    Falcon Internet - North Carolina, USA - +1 (336) 285-0645
    █ Full Service IT services - www.falconinternet.net
    █ US Web Hosting & Development | Interworx CP | Hosted PBX/VoIP | IT Consulting | VPS

If you remove the <iframe *></iframe> code then it should be ok (it was code you did not enter).

Your hosting provider should help you on this - the url's are removed, but it would not be so difficult to identify the virus code and remove it (and your host should help you have secure permissions in your files so they are not writable - but if the server hacked... it's the job of the host...).

And I am not sure if a desktop virus scanner can identify injected code in html...

1) make sure your desktop pc is virus free, run all checks
    2) download the website with ftp in your desktop and scan it with the antivirus
    3) upload again the website
    Managed.gr cloud hosting, paas, vps, dedicated, domain registration on global datacenters.

Quote Originally Posted by sirius View Post
    You need to contact a security expert who can help you identify:

1) What the actual problem is
    2) How it happened
    3) What you can do to fix it and prevent it

I'd reccomend you contact Scott at AdminGeekz - http://www.admingeekz.com/

NOTE: I've removed the link to your infected website and the other posts showing the iFrame exploit - do NOT repost it.

Sirius
    Thanks so much for your help!