WebT Hosting Issues

I see there have been a lot of comments about this company, which I wished I would have noticed before I bought service from them. I purchased a reseller plan from them that was supposed to have ruby on rails, fantastico, and image magick. So once it was set up I logged into my cPanel and noticed that Fantastico and Ruby on Rails were not there. So then a created a php info page and noticed that Image Magick was not there either. I submit a ticket about it, here is the ticket.

Adam Whiles || Client 05/07/2009 23:03
    On your reseller page you show that you have the following installed and you do not.

Fantastico
    Ruby on Rails
    Image Magick

here I have linked to a phpinfo script to show the settings for php, imagick nor magic wand is showing here which means you have not fully installed Image Magick support for PHP.

In my cPanel Ruby on Rails nor Fantastico is listed.

Please cancel my account and refund in full to my paypal account please... per your 30 day money back guarantee.

----------------------------
    IP Address:
    WebT Hosting || Staff 05/07/2009 23:14
    This server is new and those will take a couple of days to be installed. Nothing is advertised falsely.

----
    Kind Regards,

WebTHosting.com Ltd
    www.webthosting.com

- Documentation: http://www.webthosting.com/hosting/knowledgebase.php
    - Forums: http://www.webthosting.com/community
    How would you rate this reply? Poor Excellent

Adam Whiles || Client 05/07/2009 23:26
    I believe when you say something is offered and its not there, that is false advertising. Don't say it is if it's not. I have a 2 dedicated servers with futurehosting.com and I know it doesn't take but about 30 min to and hour to install those and set everything up.
    WebT Hosting || Staff 05/07/2009 23:36
    Nothing is advertised falsely. If you do not get a feature for a day that does not make it false advertising. It can take 30 minutes but it is not the only work of our techs.

----
    Kind Regards,

WebTHosting.com Ltd
    www.webthosting.com

Adam Whiles || Client 05/07/2009 23:41
    If I sell you a prebuilt computer saying that it will have 4GB of ram and Windows Vista installed but when you buy it and it only has 1GB of ram and Windows 98 installed, that's false advertising. Same Thing, I bought a package that said it had fantastico, ruby on rails and image magick installed, and it doesn't... it's useless to me because I didn't get what is being advertised.

Please refund my money immediatly and cancel my account.
    Then I have the problem where they won't cancel my account or give me a refund. I have a another ticker concerning that.

Adam Whiles || Client 08/07/2009 20:22
    I have already submitted a cancellation request days ago and you have not honored it or your refund policy. You told me to allow a day for ruby on rails and fantastico etc to be installed. Well its been multiple days and still, none of that is installed. I have read a lot of reviews that I wish I would have saw before I ordered from you. I know you have saw them too because you have replied to many of them. I am officially requesting that my hosting account be cancelled immediately and my money be refunded to my paypal account. If I don't have a response by the end of the day I will have to take more extreme measures to get my money back.

Regards,
    Adam Whiles

----------------------------
    IP Address:
    WebT Hosting || Staff 08/07/2009 21:02
    Our system was down for 2 days so that we could not process your request. For the same we could not update your server. Your cancellation request was accepted and is in queue and you will get a refund as per our terms if you do not violate them. Opening multiple tickets makes your request go down the queue. You are welcome to take all steps that will make you happy as making customers happy is our priority.

Reading a review is not a way to judge someone, but rather using yourself is the best way to judge.

----
    Kind Regards,
    Mathew

Adam Whiles || Client 09/07/2009 18:43
    I though my cancellation request would have been carried out last night and my refund would be initiated. I know how WHMCS works and my account should have been cancelled last night unless you manually process cancellations.
    WebT Hosting || Staff 09/07/2009 18:54
    All requests are processed manually.

----
    Kind Regards,
    John
    So, now it's the 10th and still no Ruby on Rails, Fantastico or Image Magick. Also, my account is still active and no refund ofcourse. I believe I just lost my money on this one lol.
    flexhost9 - Your Hosting Solution
    High Performance Apache & CentOS Servers
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee 24/7 Support
    Offshore and US Based Hosting

Hmm well according to their reply it would appear that they are in the process of giving your refund. Maybe you should wait it out a little, then contact them again.

They are not in the process of giving me a refund because they have not even closed my hosting package. You should close the hosting package and then initiate the refund. Also, don't say you offer something and you don't, and don't have accounts setup on a new server that doesn't have everything installed yet
    flexhost9 - Your Hosting Solution
    High Performance Apache & CentOS Servers
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee 24/7 Support
    Offshore and US Based Hosting

It sounds like they may have rushed your server out to production or they are taking their time to get everything in place or simply forgot to install everything.

Regardless of other reviews it seems like they are trying to install everything for you although their response time seems slow you should have been a little more patient, Fantastico requires a license and sometimes it takes them a while for their billing to verify/approve the order especially if it's their first license

Also i disagree with you regarding the false advertising statement as they are not refusing to install the missing stuff.

As for your refund you always have the chargeback option so it won't hurt to wait a little more.
    Last edited by Buyhttp-Mike; 07-10-2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: typo
    Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Cloud Hosting - Email Marketing
    BuyHTTP, LLC - R1Soft CDP backup and RVsitebuilder included with all shared/reseller plans
    Cloud Hosting Truly redundant high available cloud from a trusted name.

On your reseller page you show that you have the following installed and you do not.

Fantastico
    Ruby on Rails
    Image Magick

here I have linked to a phpinfo script to show the settings for php, imagick nor magic wand is showing here which means you have not fully installed Image Magick support for PHP.

In my cPanel Ruby on Rails nor Fantastico is listed.

Please cancel my account and refund in full to my paypal account please... per your 30 day money back guarantee.
    You immediately canceled your account without even giving them the chance to rectify the situation. If this is how you deal with hosts you will be disappointed no matter where you go. Sooner or later even the best hosts make mistakes. The first step is to bring it to their attention. THEN, if they don't satisfactorily resolve the problem, a cancellation would be in order.

I mean, its your right to cancel regardless, but the way you went about it doesn't seem fair.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

PM bentink and give him your Email, payment method and Number. And he'll refund you.
    sorry, This user doesn't have a signature

If you do not see your account suspended someone from the sales did not take over your ticket. We do have Fantastico, Ruby on Rails, Image Magick on older boxes.

Your ticket had a status of "Answered". We do not view tickets with tags "Answered" or "Closed"

We had support response time issues last month due to several reasons which is resolved now. Our average response time during US business hours is below 1 hour. The reviews made in June are probably not quite leading to the actual support.

Quote Originally Posted by bentink View Post
    If you do not see your account suspended someone from the sales did not take over your ticket. We do have Fantastico, Ruby on Rails, Image Magick on older boxes.
    It only takes about 10 minutes to install Fantastico, Ruby on Rails, and Image Magick - imho there's no reason why this couldn't have been done and the ticket resolved within 15 to 30 minutes after the ticket was initially responded to by your staff.

Your ticket had a status of "Answered". We do not view tickets with tags "Answered" or "Closed"
    I think this is pretty normal

We had support response time issues last month due to several reasons which is resolved now. Our average response time during US business hours is below 1 hour. The reviews made in June are probably not quite leading to the actual support.
    All reviews are valid - it will take time for your company to overcome the huge public relations nightmare that was June/July of this year.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

"The reviews made in June are probably not quite leading to the actual support" {during normal periods}.

"The reviews made in June are probably not quite leading to the actual support" {during normal periods}.
    I read what you said the first time, there is no need to re-iterate. What I said still stands either way.

What I meant is that it is not the general support trend.

You are right, I did sign up an account with them a few days ago, but everything seems different about the company (different address, support people, etc). I guess I was surreptitiously trying to gather info (if anyone had it). Thanks, I guess you have figured it out for me

What I meant is that it is not the general support trend.
    That's like saying the support trend from yesterday has nothing to do with today. The support trend from last week has nothing to do with this week. The support trend from last month has nothing to do with this month.

Although it is a different month and things could have changed - all issues posted last month about your company do still influence your company this month and one would simply hope that it is for the best.