joomla hosting help

hi all, this is my 1st post at this amazing community.
    well rite now i am having a very hard time hosting my site composed in joomla, it is almost finish and was trying to host it to a free host for testing purpose but was unable to have the site running.
    what the hosting company provided was the capability to have 5 databases and 5 users,...

plz anyone give me the step by step guid how to do it....

What step are you currently at? Have you installed Joomla already or is the installation failing? Also, what is the URL to where you are trying to install it?

i have finished my website on my local machine... and need it to be uploaded, done that with 1.5.11 version of joomla.

Here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Upload all files from your computer to the new server. Remember to set the appropriate permissions.

Step 2: Create a database, db user and db connection on your new server and upload your db backup with phpMyAdmin or similar tools.

Step 3: Change all relevant lines in configuration.php. These lines may include: $mosConfig_host, $mosConfig_user, $mosConfig_password, $mosConfig_db, $mosConfig_absolute_path, $mosConfig_live_site and $mosConfig_cache_path.
    Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Cloud Hosting - Email Marketing
    BuyHTTP, LLC - R1Soft CDP backup and RVsitebuilder included with all shared/reseller plans
    Cloud Hosting Truly redundant high available cloud from a trusted name.

Quote Originally Posted by wardhanster View Post
    hi all, this is my 1st post at this amazing community.
    well rite now i am having a very hard time hosting my site composed in joomla, it is almost finish and was trying to host it to a free host for testing purpose but was unable to have the site running.
    what the hosting company provided was the capability to have 5 databases and 5 users,...

plz anyone give me the step by step guid how to do it....
    There are a few $10/year hosts out there that are not what I would normally recommend but at least they are full-featured and will allow you to install and test your script in a real hosting environment.

Do some digging around the shared hosting offers section and you should be able to find one - or perhaps somebody that is actually a customer of one of these providers will post a link for you.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

I wouldn't recommend trying to install Joomla on a free host. There are not many that will allow you to run all the features Joomla has to offer.

And do not forget to upgrade Joomla - 1.5.12 is the latest.
    Managed.gr cloud hosting, paas, vps, dedicated, domain registration on global datacenters.

Most of the free hosts don't seem to keep their cPanel as up-to-date as paid hosts so the most recent versions of software like Joomla may not be available through them with Fantastico.

Free Host May not support all the permissions on server to support features offered by Joomla.

Before buying, go for a trial hosting, where you can setup your joomala website and test all the permissions webhost is offering to support Joomla website. According to me i will suggest you a full featured Linux Hosting.
    Gineey - JodoHost.com
    Windows VPS, HSphere Reseller, ASP.NET, ColdFusion & more!
    True 24x7x365 Live Support, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
    Hosting over 85,000+ websites across 100+ countries!

Hi,

It would be better if you go to the official site of Joomla and download the latest version of Joomla on to your local PC. Then by using the FTP services for your hosting account you could upload the Joomla on to your domains home directory and configure it to through the web broswer. Please do make sure that you dont assign 777 permissions to any files for joomla under your site home directory. It would make your site vulnerable to attacks.

Regards,

<The signature must to be setup in you profile.>
    Last edited by ldcdc; 07-13-2009 at 10:28 AM.