Get a Merchant Account Today! (Authorize.net Gateway)

WWW-Hosting.net has been offering merchant accounts though our partner companies for quite some time now, many on this board and elsewhere have taken advantage of our low pricing.

We have worked out another special which will give you a Authorize.net account, and Visa/Mastercard merchant account! The signup fee has been reduced from $199.00 to only $79.00!!

What you get with your merchant account

Rates & Fees
    (*) 2.29% Discount Rate (Org. 2.39%)
    (*) .30 Transaction Fee
    (*) $25.00 Minimum Fee (Process more then $25.00 a month and you dont have to worry about this fee)
    (*) 25.00 in Recurring Fees (Statement fees...Processor fees etc)
    (*) $15.00 Chargeback Fees
    (*) Authorize.net Gateway
    No Annual Fees! No Hidden Fees! No Batch Header Fees!

(*) Free Setup on American Express & Discover
    (*) FAST Guaranteed merchant account for immediate transaction processing (usually your account is completely setup within 3 to 7 business working days)
    (*) No Hassle Paperwork
    (*) All funds wired into the commercial checking account of your choice within 72 hours!
    (*) LOW Rates - Others charge up to $500.00 to get a merchant account and load you with HIDDEN FEES when they send you the contract!!
    (*) No need to sign a long term leases!!
    (*) 110% Satisfaction Guaranteed!

Signup for a merchant account at http://www-hosting.net/merchant/merchantapp.html

With this special, you can also get WHNBilling Closed Source with for only an additonal $149.95, you can learn more at http://webhostingbilling.com

That means you can get one of the most popular Merchant Gateways & one of the most popular billing software suites for less then $250!! Act today and don't loose out on these killer deals!

*Pricing is subject to change at anytime

Basic Requirements:
    (*) Must have US Bank Account (Business or DBA)
    (*) Must have US Address
    (*) Must have SSN or TaxID
    (*) Must have Fair to Excellent Credit (IE: No Bankruptcies, or Non-Existent Credit, or your account may be sent to another processor which specializes in High Risk Accounts)

Once again an excellent deal.....any news on those international merchant accounts?

Re: Get a Merchant Account Today! (Authorize.net Gateway)

Originally posted by AlaskanWolf

Rates & Fees
    (*) $25.00 Minimum Fee (Process more then $25.00 a month and you dont have to worry about this fee)
    (*) 25.00 in Recurring Fees (Statement fees...Processor fees etc)
    Gary, could you elaborate just a little bit? Specifically:

If I process $0 in any given month, my monthly fee would be $50 (the $25 minimum, plus the $25 recurring)?

If I process $25.01 (or higher) in any given month, my monthly fee would be $25.

If I process $20 in any given month, I would still have a $50 monthly fee (because I didn't make the 'minimum' of $25)?

If it happens to be the day before my monthly cycle date, and I haven't processed any sales, wouldn't it make sense for me to just charge my own credit card $25? That transaction would only cost me about 87-cents (since I'm basically paying myself), after the transaction fee and discount rate have been applied - and I'd now only have a $25 monthly fee as opposed to the $50.

Thanks for your answers..

Originally posted by SuperDon
    Once again an excellent deal.....any news on those international merchant accounts?
    Thank you, however we are not ready to offer International Merchant Accounts at this time, once our website is online, we will post a notice with ample information

Re: Re: Get a Merchant Account Today! (Authorize.net Gateway)

Originally posted by CelTech

Gary, could you elaborate just a little bit? Specifically:

If I process $0 in any given month, my monthly fee would be $50 (the $25 minimum, plus the $25 recurring)?

If I process $25.01 (or higher) in any given month, my monthly fee would be $25.

If I process $20 in any given month, I would still have a $50 monthly fee (because I didn't make the 'minimum' of $25)?

If it happens to be the day before my monthly cycle date, and I haven't processed any sales, wouldn't it make sense for me to just charge my own credit card $25? That transaction would only cost me about 87-cents (since I'm basically paying myself), after the transaction fee and discount rate have been applied - and I'd now only have a $25 monthly fee as opposed to the $50.

Thanks for your answers..
    1. Correct
    2. Correct
    3. The total fee would be prorated from the $25 min fee

4. Visa/Mastercard/American Express policies in general dont allow such transactions (with any merchant provider) to take place, but im sure if you have a spouse or something, you could do that, but you run the risk of getting your account canceled
    Last edited by AlaskanWolf; 11-03-2002 at 05:15 PM.

Re: Re: Re: Get a Merchant Account Today! (Authorize.net Gateway)

3. The total fee would be prorated, so if you charged $20 in that month, you would only pay $30 + $25.00
    Ummm... I'm sorry, I'm missing something - The TOTAL monthly fee is only $50 if I charge $0 in a month, but $55 ($30+$25) if I charge $20 ($5 short of the $25 minimum)? Was this a typo (should maybe have been $5 + $25 - $5 'short' of the minimum, plus $25 recurring fees)?

Thanks - looks like a good plan, will probably sign up as soon as I understand the recurring fees.

Correct, math is wrong, Heres how the $25 minimum fee works out (examples below)

In one month you run $300 in transactions total, the discount fee (2.29%) is taken out of that so you pay $7.17 ($6.87 + .30 tran fee) in total transaction fees on that order.

The bank has a minimum of $25 per month in discount fees.

So if you did not do another order for the month, they would charge you the additional $17.83 to cover the $25 monthly minimum.

If you do zero orders a month, you will be charged the $25 monthly minimum. If you do $25 a month or more in transaction charges, then you pay no minimum but only the statement fee.
    Last edited by AlaskanWolf; 11-06-2002 at 05:02 AM.

I think CelTech is confusing orders with fees. Just to clarify (and Gary can let us know if I'm wrong...)

Originally posted by CelTech
    It wouldn't matter if you charged your own credit card $25. This would not meet the monthly minimum (listed below in quotes). As you said, the transaction would cost you 87 cents. The 87 cents is what has to add up to $25, this is the minimum. It is not that a $25 order must be processed.

Rates & Fees
    (*) 2.29% Discount Rate (Org. 2.39%)
    (*) .30 Transaction Fee
    With every order processed (at 2.29% rate and .30 transaction fee), you will build to $25. If you don't make it, you will be changed $25 (which is the minimum).
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

The simple logic is that the Merchant bank wants to earn atleast $25 on your account every month.

Then (2.29% of your sale) + (total of transaction charges) should NOT be less than $25.

That means of processing charges (discount rate + per transaction fees) should not be less than $25 per month.

Example:

Say,
    Your discount rate = 2.29% and
    per trans. rate = $0.30
    Item price = $10

Total Sale that you have made = $300
    Discount rate applied = $6.87 or $7 (i.e. 300 x 2.29%)
    Total No. of Transactions = 20
    Total transaction charges = $6 (i.e. $20 x 0.3)

=> Total processing cost ($7+$6) = $13
    => But you had to process = $25
    => So, you have to pay ($25-$13) = $12 to the bank

I hope this should help now

Originally posted by Chicken
    [B]I think CelTech is confusing orders with fees. Just to clarify (and Gary can let us know if I'm wrong...)
    Actually, no, apparently I was not the one confused. I asked, very clearly:

1 - If I process $0 in any given month, my monthly fee would be $50 (the $25 minimum, plus the $25 recurring)?

2 - If I process $25.01 (or higher) in any given month, my monthly fee would be $25.

And Gary answered:

1. Correct
    2. Correct
    I understood that fine, but it apparently isn't the case. Now, after a few posts are gone from this thread, and a few others edited, it seems that it is in fact, $25 in FEES as a monthly minimum (which was my original question). This line that you quoted:

was edited in after I asked about this, and after someone else questioned the same thing. So, essentially, this means you have to charge well over $1000/month in actual charges to get over this 'minimum', making you total monthly charge $25. Not such a good deal by those numbers.

Every merchant has a minimum processing fee, its something that you can not get around. Every merchant I have ever has had this fee.

If you do not process the minimum amount in transactions, you will only be charged $25.00

So If you do not process any transactions that month, your total fees are $50.00

If you process any fees that month, then the total transaction fees are prorated from the $25.00

I guess my current bank is better than I thought - I don't have any minimums with them.

I currently pay $39.45/month ($29.95/month gateway fee, and $9.50 statement fee) in recurring fees (2.4% discount rate and 30-cents per transaction) whether I charge $0 or $10,000 in a month.

Since the business I'm using this account for is still relatively new, I'm only around a few hundred dollars per month (some months even less). So, your plan, when I thought it would be $25/month looked a lot better than my current $40/month plan. At my current monthly processing, however, you'd be at around $45 in monthy recurring fees. If/when I'm processing a few thousand a month, and know I won't be risking that 'minimum' fee, it would definitely be a more attractive solution for me.

They likely are covering that in other areas with the $39.45 monthly fee's and higher discount fee