Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

London, UK - Where ?

Hello WHT,

Our game server company is looking to expand into London, UK, so we are looking for a reputable company on a top of the line network that offers dedicated servers as well as co-location.

We would be needing dual quad cores along with 8gb of ram. Pricing isn't a huge concern but we perfer if we could keep the pricing around 250USD to 350USD or at least have the chance to speak with the host regarding lower pricing.

Kind Regards,

Derek.

Hi Derek,
    Have you tried looking in the "offers" section on here?

A few good and reliable providers would be easily found based on previous similar enquiries. Just a few things to be aware of - most of the UK based providers will require a 12 month contract (the reliable ones anyway) - this is what helps keep their pricing and service level stable not to mention the bandwidth costs here!

How many servers were you looking to get in total? (or to start with), and how many on an ongoing basis - this also might be useful in pointing you in the right direction.
    Intellitech I.T. Solutions Ltd.
    Intellitech Hosting - Dedicated Servers worldwide - including USA, London (UK), EU, Asia & Australia
    Server Load Balancing, Hardware Firewalls, MPLS Connectivity

We have yet to test the waters in the UK but I am sure we would start with 1-2 and see how it goes and if we like the market it would probably add around 1-2 more a month. I would also never do a 12 month contract on a dedicated server as I feel that is insane and there sure has to be hosts that do month to month. Of course if it's colocation long contracts I'm fine with.

Thanks.

I highly recommend Poundhost - poundhost.co.uk

They are part of Blue Square Data group who have datacentres in London and Maidenhead. Their network is fantastic with low latency across the UK and the rest of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by SeedBit View Post
    I highly recommend Poundhost - poundhost.co.uk

They are part of Blue Square Data group who have datacentres in London and Maidenhead. Their network is fantastic with low latency across the UK and the rest of Europe.
    It seems they have perfectly what I want, but sadly $500 USD for a Dual Quad Core seems crazy. Also to note I am fine with ~2000GB of BW per box not 10TB's like they are offering.

Their prices look pretty steep to me. However, I have never used a dedicated server company that was based in the United Kingdom. So, I am guessing that it may be a bit more expensive for them to run datacenters there...

I suggest UK2.com
    They claim to be the best in UK.
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

maybe one of the service providers at equinix
    Datacenter Luxembourg
    sglange AT dclux DOT com

UK2 looks pretty good. I have never used them but I do see their banners on WHT quite a lot.

Perhaps you may want to consider OVH then?
    Intellitech Hosting - Dedicated Servers worldwide - including USA, London (UK), EU, Asia & Australia

Quote Originally Posted by intellitech View Post
    Based in France aren't they?

You could consider going with Cybernetic-servers.co.uk or Alpha-networks.co.uk as they both offer GREAT Gaming networks, however you would be buying from competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Syfonic View Post
    Their prices look pretty steep to me. However, I have never used a dedicated server company that was based in the United Kingdom. So, I am guessing that it may be a bit more expensive for them to run datacenters there...
    Yea, just called them there were not even willing to work with pricing at all on there dedicated servers. o well.

Quote Originally Posted by NXH-Mark View Post
    Based in France aren't they?

You could consider going with Cybernetic-servers.co.uk or Alpha-networks.co.uk as they both offer GREAT Gaming networks, however you would be buying from competition.
    Yea, I would perfer not to buy from competition at any lengths. I just try to give UK2 a call and noone picked up the phone.

You could post your request on a uk-centric forum - http://www.webhostchat.co.uk/request-products-services/

I'm sure you'll get a few options offered there.
    SysAdminMan - Asterisk PBX hosting - FreePBX, A2Billing and Elastix

I am talking to Kevin at UK2.com so let's hope he is able to provide what I need.

I am also still up for other suggestions in regards to hosts. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRDenholm View Post
    Yea, I would perfer not to buy from competition at any lengths. I just try to give UK2 a call and noone picked up the phone.
    Hi Derek,

We have just done a clean up of some of our uk2.net email addresses that were historically free. People had been forewarned that they had to today to renew them or they would be disabled. Of course, a few thousand ignored the message so we are ringing off the hook.

Would you like to PM me some details and I'll get someone to call you immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2NET View Post
    Hi Derek,

We have just done a clean up of some of our uk2.net email addresses that were historically free. People had been forewarned that they had to today to renew them or they would be disabled. Of course, a few thousand ignored the message so we are ringing off the hook.

Would you like to PM me some details and I'll get someone to call you immediately.
    Contacted, for what ever reason I am getting returned mail when contacting kevin.

Thanks UK2NET, I was glad I was able to speak to you it seems we will be able to work something out.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRDenholm View Post
    Thanks UK2NET, I was glad I was able to speak to you it seems we will be able to work something out.

Cheers.
    Anytime. Just mailed you a quick question. ISPAs Best Dedicated Server Hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by intellitech View Post
    OVH has some of the best prices I have ever seen for server. But, I don't think that you can order from them if you reside in the United States.

Why couldnt you offer from OVH if you are in the US ?
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

Well, I think that's a question you would need to ask OVH - however, US customers can order from their .fr site if i'm not mistaken ... you only have to learn French though .. or use google translate.

Quote Originally Posted by alons View Post

Quote Originally Posted by UK2NET View Post
    Hi Derek,

Can you please email me at robert -at- influxis -dot- com

We want to move on a server immediately (as in we have already contracted with a customer but need to get a server up), but your sales line isn't answering, and I can't seem to PM on this forum.

THanks.

Quote Originally Posted by alons View Post
    I don't make the rules You would have to email OVH asking them why they don't allow US customers.

The reason for that might be -
    Sales hours: 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by hsrobinfluxis View Post
    Can you please email me at robert -at- influxis -dot- com

We want to move on a server immediately (as in we have already contracted with a customer but need to get a server up), but your sales line isn't answering, and I can't seem to PM on this forum.

THanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast