hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Offers : Shared Hosting Offers : StableHost.com -> 75% OFF ONE WEEK ONLY | SSD Drives | UNLIMITED BW | Instant Setup

Forum Jump

StableHost.com -> 75% OFF ONE WEEK ONLY | SSD Drives | UNLIMITED BW | Instant Setup

Reply Post New Thread In Shared Hosting Offers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

I'm returning after a year of being with StableHost just to give my personal experience. I'll keep it short and sweet!

Over the past year SH has been the best shared service I have ever experienced in my years of renting servers. The support is second to none and SH always informs me in a timely manner of any needed updates to the servers.

Keep up the great work SH!

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snilloconator View Post
I'm returning after a year of being with StableHost just to give my personal experience. I'll keep it short and sweet!

Over the past year SH has been the best shared service I have ever experienced in my years of renting servers. The support is second to none and SH always informs me in a timely manner of any needed updates to the servers.

Keep up the great work SH!
Thank you!

Old

Overall sounds like a decent PHP hosting deal.

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todsmith View Post
Overall sounds like a decent PHP hosting deal.
We try ;-)

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Just to be clear, is it OK to host family/friends websites? It sounds as if the answer went from "No" to "Yes" about a month ago, but I want to make sure.

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Monash View Post
Just to be clear, is it OK to host family/friends websites? It sounds as if the answer went from "No" to "Yes" about a month ago, but I want to make sure.
We decided to allow it, however we don't recommend it.

Why? If your friend's website gets hacked, your website is now hacked and suspended ;-) Same goes for spam, you are responsible for any content your friends or family uploads....

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Im going on my 2nd year with stablehost(paid yearly), it's hands down the best host around for shared hosting. Server's are ALWAYS up, tickets always get answered, support is always friendly. Never had a ticket for any problems just for question's about configuration.

Just wanted to give this thread my great experience with stablehost. Keep up the amazing work nerdie.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
We decided to allow it, however we don't recommend it.

Why? If your friend's website gets hacked, your website is now hacked and suspended ;-) Same goes for spam, you are responsible for any content your friends or family uploads....
My family members are exceptionally reliable. Worst things that could happen is on the level of some plug-in from WordPress.org turning out to be a resource problem. Well, that and Slashdottings. Which brings me to my next question -- what happens when traffic spikes due to a Slashdotting or equivalent? I haven't hit Slashdot or Hacker News in a while, but that's fixable when I put my mind to it ...

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Also, what plan would you recommend for a small collection of WordPress and Joomla sites (low single-digit number of sites getting material traffic) that aggregate in the low six figures of page views per month?

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
My family members are exceptionally reliable. Worst things that could happen is on the level of some plug-in from WordPress.org turning out to be a resource problem. Well, that and Slashdottings. Which brings me to my next question -- what happens when traffic spikes due to a Slashdotting or equivalent? I haven't hit Slashdot or Hacker News in a while, but that's fixable when I put my mind to it ...
You'll hit the CPU limits and your website will be throttled.

If your website can get a lot of traffic, you'll want to look into our enterprise hosting instead.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Also, what plan would you recommend for a small collection of WordPress and Joomla sites (low single-digit number of sites getting material traffic) that aggregate in the low six figures of page views per month?
Looks like you overlooked this question, although you did partially answer it already.

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Looks like you overlooked this question, although you did partially answer it already.
We always recommend going with the smallest plan and upgrading as you run out of disk space/bandwidth.

Old
Web Hosting Master

I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but your original post states:
Quote:
CPU: Dual Intel L5520 Xeons (16 cores)
This is incorrect. Intel Xeon L5520 is a Quad-Core, Eight-threaded processor. Not Eight-Core processor. There is a huge difference between a thread and a core.

Basically, you have eight cores and sixteen threads, not sixteen cores.

Just thought I'd point that out so you can fix it!

Source: http://ark.intel.com/products/40201/...-GTs-Intel-QPI)

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appdeveloper View Post
I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but your original post states:

This is incorrect. Intel Xeon L5520 is a Quad-Core, Eight-threaded processor. Not Eight-Core processor. There is a huge difference between a thread and a core.

Basically, you have eight cores and sixteen threads, not sixteen cores.

Just thought I'd point that out so you can fix it!

Source: http://ark.intel.com/products/40201/...-GTs-Intel-QPI)
Thanks, we don't use those CPUs anymore anyways but I'll get it fixed.

Old

hey why isnt any of the codes working on Enterprise Web Hosting?