Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Anyone ever deal with redz search engine?

Does anyone know anything about RedZ.com? They just tried to pitch PPC to me. I've never heard of them, and Google isn't bringing back much.

Their search engine sucks...

I typed in a ton of different things that all point directly to me on other engines, nothing even had my name in the results.

*Correction: It has one link*
    Not sure what to put here :-P

I have never heard of them. Goes to show how popular they are lol
    Cpanel/WHM • PHP • Perl • Ruby • Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

I've never heard of them either. I wouldn't use there services if I were you. Do you mean they approached you to have PPC ads on their search engine?

Quote Originally Posted by expo09 View Post
    Do you mean they approached you to have PPC ads on their search engine?
    Yes, apparently you can pay for high listings--which is not indicated in the search results, so the user has no idea what is sponsored and what's organic.

There pitch is their search engine uses pictures of websites, instead of text snippets, but while that looks cool for a good 3 minutes, it's not really that helpful for finding specific information. Google didn't get where it is by flashy graphics or cutting edge design.

Quote Originally Posted by kdebs View Post
    Yes, apparently you can pay for high listings--which is not indicated in the search results, so the user has no idea what is sponsored and what's organic.

There pitch is their search engine uses pictures of websites, instead of text snippets, but while that looks cool for a good 3 minutes, it's not really that helpful for finding specific information. Google didn't get where it is by flashy graphics or cutting edge design.
    So they mix organic and paid for results. That's crazy. So basically it's a directory where you pay for better rankings. It means the results can't be trusted, as a high ranking only means that the site is paying more than others. I've never really been a fan of PPC in Google but at least you know which ones are appearing high organically.

Quote Originally Posted by expo09 View Post
    So they mix organic and paid for results. That's crazy. So basically it's a directory where you pay for better rankings. It means the results can't be trusted, as a high ranking only means that the site is paying more than others. I've never really been a fan of PPC in Google but at least you know which ones are appearing high organically.
    Yea and given that nobody here has ever heard of them, you'd likely be just pissing your money away.

It doesn't sound so good.

I like their search engine! I wouldn't use it for research, but I use RedZ almost exclusively for shopping online.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bulls View Post
    I like their search engine! I wouldn't use it for research, but I use RedZ almost exclusively for shopping online.
    Wow. way to go bump up an almost year old thread.

i have never heard redz.com but my blog was indexed there
    - do it your self.

Quote Originally Posted by sentabi View Post
    i have never heard redz.com but my blog was indexed there
    Let us know when they call you, offering to move you to #1 if you pay.

My opinion is "if it ain't Google, Yahoo or Bing, it doesn't really matter"

I wouldn't base your decision on how well known the search engine is since it is PPC... Instead I would try and find out what type of traffic it gets and what the quality is like, also the add placements (which is really good )

But on the other hand they could be less legit....

I had never heard redz.com. But I have tried it just now, its search results is really limited.

A new twist from these folks

It appears they're still out there plugging away. I received a call this week. They have a new twist - they're asking for $600 up front to be put 'on deposit' and click-throughs will be debited from that account. Um, I don't THINK so. Are they a bank? Are they insured? Why do they feel the need to hold cash?

I'd be open to giving them a try with very restrictive keywords so I could monitor, but, certainly not with them sitting on $600 of my hard-earned dollars.

Sounds very fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WebMarket123 View Post
    It appears they're still out there plugging away. I received a call this week. They have a new twist - they're asking for $600 up front to be put 'on deposit' and click-throughs will be debited from that account. Um, I don't THINK so. Are they a bank? Are they insured? Why do they feel the need to hold cash?

I'd be open to giving them a try with very restrictive keywords so I could monitor, but, certainly not with them sitting on $600 of my hard-earned dollars.

Sounds very fishy to me.
    This does sound quite fishy. After initially reading the first of the thread, I figured that the website wouldn't exist anymore, but it does. Not a big fan of the image concept. Who knows...maybe they will experience exponential growth in the future and become ruler of search engines! But chances are...they just want your $600!

Horribly ugly, and I doubt you'd get much recognition from there.

Surprisingly, they work

I might be late on this but...I looked for this topic thread because I was trying to figure out why I hadn't heard of RedZ prior to working for my current company, but they send us more traffic than any other search or referring site (other than Google and direct searches). They actually send us more than Bing and Yahoo combined. My company took a chance last August and did the $600 buy in to test it out. Our funds are just now depleting (hence, RedZ's phone call and this topic search). I went to do comparisons and research to tell them why we weren't going to renew, but I had to think again when I really took a good look at the results. At first, I thought they were sending worthless traffic, but the click through rate and pages visited are pretty high for our site (scientific equipment manufacturers) and our bounce rate from them is very low. Still watching and will do some polling with users before I'm a total believer, though. They have a few cons that I don't like - You have to contact them to make changes to your account (i.e., ads, keywords, and budgeting), but they claim that they are looking into changing that (we'll see). I do like that they restrict how many companies can bid on terms. That works well for a niche industry like ours.

Sounds like classic astroturfing to me.

Astroturfing meaning their approach or my reply? I'm a real customer. I think people don't generally reply because if you say something positive, you're thought to be fake. AS I said I see pros and cons with RedZ and everyone has to know whether it works for them. I hate that it takes too much time to load pages, and I will still use Google for all my search needs. I was just surprised that I saw so much traffic coming from an engine that I was not familiar with.

I have not heard of redz.com before however the website is very similar to one I saw a few years ago but it was not called redz.com

Here is some info:
    Registration Date: 1997
    250k visitors a month down from 1mil w/ an average of 400k monthly page views
    Top 13k site on Alexa
    Bounce % = 50% according to alexa

It may be interesting to try out.

This site has improved a bunch in the last couple of months! Much easier to use on my ipad than the Google app. Just sayin!

RedZ is a definite scam

Late post on this topic, but happened to run across is and have some 1st hand experience.

They convinced our company to put some money in the pay-per-clicks about 15 months ago. It took a number of months to run through it and the the results/ data was fuzzy: seemed positive but could not clearly attribute revenue to the RedZ referrals.

When the money was out, they asked up to take advantage of a better rate, so we invested a higher amount. A month later it was totally gone. Hits went through the roof, usign all the money in the account, without any increase in 'real' traffic or orders. No returned calls, and everytime we did get to someone, our account rep had changed.

We accused them of scamming us and asked for the money back. Didn't get it, of course. They didn't even try to explain what happened.

In response to a few misconceptions from RedZ

Hi! My name is Paul Brown. I am the General Manager at RedZ Search. I appreciate everyone's comments. We are listening to your opinions and constantly making changes and improvements to better serve our users and our advertisers.
    @ WebMarket123 - We sell clicks for 15 and 20 cents for any and all keyword phrases. That is well below market value for most keyword phrases. As I am sure that you are aware, many industries are very competitive and to get quality traffic from Google can be expensive, sometimes costing several dollars or more per click. We are able to sell our clicks so much cheaper, because our advertisers are contracting for several thousand clicks. Our standard package is $600 for 4,000 unique visitors at 15 cents a click. That is how we keep our costs down.
    @ mmwilcox - I am familiar with your account. You own a caster website. I am not sure why this discussion has not happened before now, but you do not have Google Analytics or any other tracking software on your website. If you had it, it would be very easy for you to set up Goal Conversions for your Contact Us page and Conversion tracking for ecommerce. If these tools were in place, it would be easy for us to quantify together your exact R.O.I. Without it, there is no way to make a definitive statement either way, as to whether or not RedZ worked for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast