Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Namecheap locked account without reason

I would like to inform the public of an issue I have with Namecheap.
    I recently logged in to find that they have locked my account and restricted access to all domains:

http://lugo.be/namecheap/

I have attempted to contact them to find a resolution, as their message states upon logging in. I did so by submitting a ticket to rectify the issue.
    I do not have other account(s) with them, nor do I participate in fraudulent activities. The ticket has been repeatedly closed on Namecheap's end.
    Victor Lugo
    Systems Administrator
      0 Not allowed!

Well besides requesting them to lift your lock, I will advise you to first check on the reason for the lock and any way to have it restored. You should also request them to provide you with any proofs on their claim so that you can resolve the issue amicably.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized
      0 Not allowed!

That Looks not good on Nc's part. Why do you think they havent provided you with the reason yet? I think you can try contacting namecheap directly on phone???
      0 Not allowed!

Please get in touch using the help desk ticket. Namecheap support should be able to resolve it for you.
      0 Not allowed!

It seems that NameCheap can't be bothered to explain anything and ignore everything? How unprofessional, compared to the recommendations on WHT...
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    It seems that NameCheap can't be bothered to explain anything and ignore everything? How unprofessional, compared to the recommendations on WHT...
    Can you please backup your wild and sweeping claims?

At the OP - please let me know your ticket number. I will investigate immediately. Accounts are locked when our policies are violated or when we suspect fraud and we're pretty accurate at doing so. If you let me know your NC username and/or ticket number, we will get to the bottom of this.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!
      0 Not allowed!

mdrussel, look at the link he posted, i think the ticket id is there...

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mdrussell View Post
    Can you please backup your wild and sweeping claims?
    Please watch your attitude first. The OP had already posted the link.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates
      0 Not allowed!

Our investigation found that you hacked at least 2 of our other clients accounts through gaining access to their Gmail accounts and then impersonating these clients, suggesting that you push domains to your account. We have logs and ip addresses to confirm this.

We have a zero tolerance policy for fraudsters like you. Case closed.

0 Not allowed!

It's so odd he would hack accounts and then make a thread here..
      0 Not allowed!

If you look at this response in the original link he posted, he claims the following: "I have no other accounts with your company, and deem both your actions and explanations unacceptable.
    Once again, I am requesting that this lock be lifted and my domains be immediately restored."

So, how exactly can he explain the following multiple accounts:

Usernames IPs came from cc used

valmail 96.233.5.30 (Massachusetts) ...8xxx (08-09)

victorlugo 75.125.177.162 (Texas)

JesusLov3s 96.233.8.232 ...8xxx (10-09

VictorALugo 71.174.24.45 ...2xxx (01-10)

victorlugoltd 71.174.21.134 (Massachusetts)
    96.237.24.133 (Massachusetts)
    65.96.229.108 (Massachusetts) ...9xxx (09-11) -*

JLTD 208.122.48.178 (???)
    96.237.24.208 (MA)

That's 5 separate accounts he opened.

He also hacked two other users email addresses to gain access to their namecheap accounts and then proceeded to push the domains to his other accounts.

Add to that, he impersonated those users in our chat using the same ip address he used to push the domains to his accounts.

LaptopFreak,

I apologize for Matt's less than polite response to you. As you can see now, he was a bit frustrated having to defend this situation when it was completely unmerited.

Either way, I hope this clears this up for the rest of you.
    Last edited by enetwork; 07-09-2009 at 09:30 AM.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com
      0 Not allowed!

I dunno how this works but I vote that he get banned off WHT too.
    What's the point of having criminals on the board?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by coax View Post
    I dunno how this works but I vote that he get banned off WHT too.
    What's the point of having criminals on the board?
    Good point. The thread got my attention since I have a few names at Namecheap.com. Not really fair to Namecheap.
      0 Not allowed!

I do not recall ever using the usernames "valmail", "victorlugo", "JesusLov3s".
    I recall using the usernames "JLTD", "VictorLugoLTD". Not sure about the other.

I own a number of domains. What happens to them? Don't list them here, please.

Domain pushes require no authorization on the receiving end. I found that one of my clients was able to push several domains to my account, and I received no notification about the situation.
    I wasn't able to determine what account these domains came from. This is huge problem on your end.

Now, I can't say for sure what triggered my account to be locked, but if it was due to domain pushes which I never directly authorized, I can and will fight my right to retain my account and associated domains. Any and every domain I purchased/transferred was paid for legitimately with my credit card(s). Fraudulent activity is not a factor.
    Victor Lugo
    Systems Administrator
      0 Not allowed!

Is there a direct number where we can make a call to namecheap?
      0 Not allowed!

==================================================

On March 11, 2009 I purchased a domain for $400.00:
    http://lugo.be/screenshots/2009-07-10_1839.png

On March 13, 2009 I transferred this domain to Namecheap for $6.99:
    http://lugo.be/screenshots/2009-07-10_1842.png

The domain was successfully transferred to my account at Namecheap.

On July 8, 2009 I received notification that my transaction for $6.99 was refunded.:
    http://lugo.be/screenshots/2009-07-10_2143.png

On June 12, 2009 I purchased a domain from another individual and had it pushed to my account. I don't know what happened to this domain.

On February 4, 2009 I purchased a domain from another individual and had it pushed to my account. I don't know what happened to this domain.

On April 21, 2009 I transferred a domain to Namecheap for $17.76:
    http://lugo.be/screenshots/2009-07-10_2134.png

On July 8, 2009 I received notification that my transaction for $17.76 was refunded.:
    http://lugo.be/screenshots/2009-07-10_2137.png

On March 17, 2009 I transferred a domain to Namecheap for $6.99:
    http://lugo.be/screenshots/2009-07-10_2139.png

Oh July 8, 2009 I received notification that my transaction for $6.99 was refunded.:
    http://lugo.be/screenshots/2009-07-10_2142.png

I will be obtaining additional records of purchases/transfers/pushes on Monday. In all cases, Namecheap has decided to hold my domains by restricting my ability to manage these domains.
    Namecheap has also modified the WHOIS information and nameservers of the associated domains.

Namecheap refuses to cooperate with my request to have the lock lifted and domains restored.
    Because they are unwilling to speak to or listen to me, I have not been able to request that the domains I own be transferred to another registrar.

I will continue posting reviews and threads on multiple websites as well as taking legal action if this situation is not resolved within a reasonable amount of time.
    Victor Lugo
    Systems Administrator
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by enetwork View Post
    Snip
    Do you have the details of the chat logged / hacking of email / hijacking of Namecheap account?

He could have been allowed access to make the push possibly? Do you actually have a complaint from the client(s) / registrar(s) / customer(s) that reported the domains as stolen? (Seems like he can prove he bought them).

There seems to be a lot of activity which could have been mistakenly for fraud.

I understand a ZERO (0) Tolerancy to fraud, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to communicate a little more effectively.

Edit: The worse case right now, is that he might have opened a few accounts just to manage the domains. Given that many of us manage 100s and 1000s, this doens't seem like an intentionally bad idea if it's against the Terms of Service (ToS). All domains all seem very legitimately purchased and obtained.

I'm not picking sides here, just my unbiased opinion from the information presented by both parties. NameCheap do a great job, I personally use them and will continue to do so. I'm not saying this is an exception either, just needs further investigation.
    Last edited by Katatonic; 07-10-2009 at 11:50 PM.
    HostGuard.net - VPS Control Panel
    Automating and monitoring your hosting business.
      0 Not allowed!

I am still waiting for Namecheap to respond.
    As previously mentioned, Namecheap is refusing to communicate with me via the Helpdesk. They have been made aware of this thread.

I am negotiating talks with a solictor regarding this, as I believe it to be a very serious issue. I have done nothing wrong (besides an erroneous mistake).
    All domains have been legitimately paid for, and effective communication has been attempted on my end.
    Victor Lugo
    Systems Administrator
      0 Not allowed!

Seems like a very complex issue - is there any update on Namecheap's part?
      0 Not allowed!

Although my reply will probably make little difference, I urge the Namecheap reps who have posted in this thread to re-evaluate the situation and go over your findings again.

Tackling fraud is a pain in the backside, but it IS possible for something which looks fraudulent to actually be legitimate.

Victor is not a fraudster, nor is he out to attack or break into other peoples accounts and steal their property. I've done business with Victor on numerous occasions in the past and have no reason to believe he is anything other than a genuine honest customer.

Chris
      0 Not allowed!

I would like to add more to pcs-chirs post here:

From the way NameCheap has been responding to this thread looks a bit too rude to me. They have shown no evidence to backup their claims on the OP.

"I Say UR Scammer, Case closed"

how does this kind of responses are of any help to any of the parties involved?? It would be appreciated if nc can backup their claims on the op with some helpful information.
    Last edited by raja314; 07-16-2009 at 06:21 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Victor,

Have you thought about taking this up with eNom? Namecheap is just their reseller.

You'll probably get a lot more response from enom especially since you have the facts to back up your claims.
    Sue

A generation which ignores history has no past and no future. --Lazarus Long
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BristolSue View Post
    especially since you have the facts to back up

And you know this how again??

About enom, we are their largest partner and have a long history of doing business with them. I speak to their gm and VP every day and I count them as personal friends but somehow a scammer will have more luck?

Regarding this issue, this person has already proven himself to be dishonest in this thread alone by originally claiming he only ever opened one account with us and then backtracking when we presented the evidence.

It's not like we chose to be in this position. This guy is a master of using social engineering to get what he wants including hacking accounts. He's using the same tactics here to try to pressure us. It's not the first time a scammer has come to this board using these tactics after we shut down their accounts and each and every time we have been proven correct. I can point to many instances of that if you all wish. It's a shame we even have to defend this stuff.

We are here to serve our legitimate clients to the best we can. We would never do anything like this without reason. It just doesn't make sense to alienate a legitimate client and it's just not the way we have ever operated.

I'll be back tomorrow to post some more evidence as I am away on business. In the meantime, let's not jump to any conclusions simply because this guy is making some wild accusations.
    Last edited by enetwork; 07-17-2009 at 08:51 PM.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com
      0 Not allowed!

It's not the first time i see a thread opened by a scammer to bash namecheap.

This time is obviuos the guy is a scammer

He is not sure! how can someone be not sure about what are his own accounts?

Also, he paid 6.99$ to namecheap and 3 months later namecheap refunds the money, why would namecheap refund the money? chargeback from credit card owner?

It sounds a scammer to me.

Victor Lugo, i don't believe you.
    Mousa: [as Rambo prepares to play Afghan game 'buzkashi'] God must love crazy people.
    Rambo: [getting on horse] Why?
    Mousa: He make so many of them!
      0 Not allowed!

About enom, we are their largest partner and have a long history of doing business with them. I speak to their gm and VP every day and I count them as personal friends but somehow a scammer will have more luck?
    And what pray tell does your friendship with the GM and VP have to do with this issue, or with anything for that matter?
    Regarding this issue, this person has already proven himself to be dishonest in this thread alone by originally claiming he only ever opened one account with us and then backtracking when we presented the evidence.
    I have never seen Victor Lugo to be dishonest here. Isn't it possible there is some mistake? I don't have the "evidence" in front of me, but Mr. Lugo does have a claim that doesn't appear to have been backtracked to his satisfaction. It was just, "You are a scammer, Case closed" as was mentioned above.

I'll be back tomorrow to post some more evidence as I am away on business. In the meantime, let's not jump to any conclusions simply because this guy is making some wild accusations.
    Will be interesting, because right now, he does seem to have a legitimate beef. And without more forthcoming, people can draw their own conclusions. Right now, my conclusion is that his claim bears looking into. That's not to say you are wrong, it's just there are some unanswered questions. As I said, mistakes happen.
    Sue

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by elmister View Post
    Also, he paid 6.99$ to namecheap and 3 months later namecheap refunds the money, why would namecheap refund the money? chargeback from credit card owner?

It sounds a scammer to me.

Victor Lugo, i don't believe you.
    Negative. It wasn't a charge back. It was simply because Namecheap refuse to honor the order and refunded the money themselves - but Victor want's the domains and doesn't care about the money.

If they are legitimately paid for. I've paid for other accounts using my payment information too.
      0 Not allowed!

BristolSue,

It's not just a case of you are a scammer, case closed.
    He already posted logs..
      0 Not allowed!

Yes but Victor has posted his legitimate purchasing of the domains, the ones in question that were pushed to his account. He also said he cannot be blamed for domains pushed to his account since you can't see where they came from - so he can't verify himself - that's something he has to take up with Namecheap's support - something he's been attempting to do.

We're just waiting on clarification if any body actually filed a complaint about their domain being stolen (so it shouldn't have been moved), and if it was Victor that hacked their GMail account(s) as alledged.

In either case, we're waiting on Namecheap's reply to actually get both sides of the story more accurately. That is fair.
      0 Not allowed!

I have never seen Victor Lugo to be dishonest here. Isn't it possible there is some mistake? I don't have the "evidence" in front of me, but Mr. Lugo does have a claim that doesn't appear to have been backtracked to his satisfaction. It was just, "You are a scammer, Case closed" as was mentioned above.

Exactly. You don't have the evidence but as per usual, you see see an opportunity where you can jump in and try and trash talk us and cannot resist.

Sadly, I cannot recall a post from you on WHT that isn't related to Namecheap. Do your dogs really demand that little of your time?

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonic View Post
    Yes but Victor has posted his legitimate purchasing of the domains, the ones in question that were pushed to his account. He also said he cannot be blamed for domains pushed to his account since you can't see where they came from - so he can't verify himself - that's something he has to take up with Namecheap's support - something he's been attempting to do.

We're just waiting on clarification if any body actually filed a complaint about their domain being stolen (so it shouldn't have been moved), and if it was Victor that hacked their GMail account(s) as alledged.

In either case, we're waiting on Namecheap's reply to actually get both sides of the story more accurately. That is fair.
    Richard,

When this thread was first posted, the entire issue was investigated once more and all account histories were looked into. As Richard (from Namecheap) posted, VictorLugo is very good at social engineering and used it as one of the methods to try and grab some domains from other clients of ours. He already showed his integrity by his initial post of
    I do not have other account(s) with them
    then admitting he has other accounts, and some he cannot recall in subsequent replies.

0 Not allowed!

It seems like a really complicated issue. Although it appears that NameCheap has acted as per there Term's of service.

we may terminate or suspend the Service(s) at any time for cause, which, without limitation, includes registration of prohibited domain name(s), abuse of the Services, payment irregularities, material allegations of illegal conduct, or if your use of the Services involves us in a violation of any Internet Service Provider's ("ISP's") acceptable use policies, including the transmission of unsolicited bulk email.
    It seems that NameCheap has noticed that several accounts have been accessed by the same IP which belongs to the OP, and thus deemed he gained unauthorized control of these accounts. Although I do have a question to the OP.

I can understand you can't be blamed for domains pushed to your account, but how do you explain the multiple logins to other accounts via your IP address? Do you own these other accounts, or as per your original post, do you only own one NameCheap account? Please excuse me if this question has already been answered.
    Last edited by TimothyH; 07-18-2009 at 03:56 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

InstantPH, I don't understand why you're asking these questions. The case is a clear cut case and the thread should be closed.
    Victor used social engineering and various other methods to try to steal domains from other account holders. It was not only a log with his IP in other accounts.
    Namecheap representatives have built up the trust with me, just like they should you, for us to not question the truthness of their claims.

If such trust is never built up I do not see a reason to even post on a message board..
      0 Not allowed!

OK, here is another example of Victor Lugo and his dishonesty. He has again claimed here that he had no idea how any domains got pushed to his accounts. Here is more communication to the contrary:

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 08:49 AM
    Hello Victor,

We have received a complaint about unauthorized push of domain monetizexxxx.com. Please let us know how you got this domain to your account.

Looking forward to your reply.
    ------------------
    Kind regards,

Milla S.
    Fraud Prevention Team
    NameCheap.com
    [Edit Ticket Post]

E-mail: [email protected]
    Victor Lugo

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 09:47 AM

There must be a misunderstanding, I have explained the situation to
    previous domain registrant and we have come to an agreement. Please confirm
    that is the case and domain is to stay with me.

--
    Kind Regards,
    Victor Lugo

As you all can see, he clearly acknowledges receiving a domain that was pushed from a hacked account when he claims otherwise in this thread. That's twice he's lied to everyone here but I'm sure he'll come up with another excuse and some more of you will fall for it. That's how that's how these types of people's game works folks.

Here is the communication regarding the complaint of the hacked account. This is a bit confusing because you have both the real owner and the hacker(Victor Lugo) posting to the thread under the same name. Based on what they say, you can tell who is the hacker and who is the real owner:

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 08:44 AM
    Hello,

Please provide us with the order receipt for this domain.

Please be informed that the domain has been locked until the internal investigation is complete.
    ------------------
    Kind regards,

Milla S.
    Fraud Prevention Team
    NameCheap.com
    [Edit Ticket Post]

E-mail: [email protected] IP: 217.144.69.37
    Anuj Mxxxxxx

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 08:55 AM
    Sure !

Here is the full mail. You can check my IP address of registration and the
    IP address now.

Please return my domain ASAP.

*Namecheap.com Order Summary*
    Date: 6/11/2009
    ------------------------------
    Dear Goldi,

Thank you very much for choosing services offered by Namecheap.com. The
    following is the summary of your order.

*Order Details*

Order Date: 6/11/2009 8:57:19 AM Order Number: 1995295 Transaction
    ID: 2337831x

Pune

MH,411052

IN Payment Source: FUNDS Initial Charge: $8.81 Final Cost:
    $8.81 Total Refund: N/A Refund Transaction ID: N/A Refunded
    To: N/A TYPENAMEQTYYRSPRICESUB TOTALREGISTER monetizelead.com 1
    1 $8.81 $8.81 WHOISGUARD Free With monetizexxxx.com.-Promotion 1 1 $0.00
    $0.00 Sub Total$8.81 TOTAL*$8.81* *Additional Transaction Details*

Order # 59.95.108.17-ORDR:1995295-TRAN:2337831 Approval # CODE-FUNDS

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 1:45 AM, Milla.S wrote:

> Hello,
    >
    > Please provide us with the order receipt for this domain.
    >
    > Please be informed that the domain has been locked until the internal
    > investigation is complete.
    > ------------------
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Milla S.
    > Fraud Prevention Team
    > NameCheap.com
    >
    >
    >

[Edit Ticket Post]

Milla.S

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 09:03 AM
    Hello,

Thank you for the receipt. Please let us some time for investigation, we'll contact you as soon as we get an update.
    ------------------
    Kind regards,

Milla S.
    Fraud Prevention Team
    NameCheap.com
    [Edit Ticket Post]

Anuj Mxxxxxx

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 09:05 AM
    Sure, thank you !

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 2:03 AM, Milla.S wrote:

> Hello,
    >
    > Thank you for the receipt. Please let us some time for investigation, we'll
    > contact you as soon as we get an update.
    > ------------------
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Milla S.
    > Fraud Prevention Team
    > NameCheap.com
    >
    >
    > Ticket Details
    > ===================
    > Ticket ID: 220653
    > Department: Fraud Control
    > Priority: Low
    > Status: Awaiting Staff Response
    >
    >

[Edit Ticket Post]

Anuj Malpani

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 09:35 AM
    Hello,

I am very sorry for the confusion but it turns out my partner transferred
    this domain to his account .
    I should have asked him before I reported this but I was worried .

You can consider this case resolved and leave the domain in the account it
    is currently on (victorlugoltd) .
    I hop you understand , sorry .

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 4:03 AM, Milla.S wrote:

> Hello,
    >
    > Thank you for the receipt. Please let us some time for investigation, we'll
    > contact you as soon as we get an update.
    > ------------------
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Milla S.
    > Fraud Prevention Team
    > NameCheap.com
    >
    >
    > Ticket Details
    > ===================
    > Status: Awaiting Staff Response
    >
    >

[Edit Ticket Post]

Anya S.

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 10:04 AM

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue is resolved this ticket is being closed now. Please open a new one if you need any further assistance.
    --------------------
    Best regards,
    Anya S.
    Fraud Prevention Team
    NameCheap.com
    [Edit Ticket Post]

Anuj Mxxxxxx

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 10:08 AM
    Hey did you get some emails within 30minutes ?

That was the hacker. Please help me. I want the monetizexxxxx.com back to my
    account.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:04 AM, Anya S. wrote:

> Hello,
    >
    > Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue is resolved this ticket
    > is being closed now. Please open a new one if you need any further
    > assistance.
    > --------------------
    > Best regards,
    > Anya S.
    > Fraud Prevention Team
    > NameCheap.com
    >
    > Ticket Details
    > ===================
    > Status: Awaiting Client Response
    >
    >

[Edit Ticket Post]

Anuj Mxxxxxx

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 10:10 AM
    Am sorry that this issue is becoming longer. But i think now my email
    account will not get hacked again.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Anuj Malpani wrote:

> Hey did you get some emails within 30minutes ?
    >
    > That was the hacker. Please help me. I want the monetizexxxxd.com back to
    > my account.
    >
    > On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:04 AM, Anya S. wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue is resolved this ticket
    >> is being closed now. Please open a new one if you need any further
    >> assistance.
    >> --------------------
    >> Best regards,
    >> Anya S.
    >> Fraud Prevention Team
    >> NameCheap.com
    >>
    >> Ticket Details
    >> ===================
    >> Ticket ID: 220653
    >> Department: Fraud Control
    >> Priority: Low
    >> Status: Awaiting Client Response
    >>
    >>
    >

[Edit Ticket Post]

Anuj Mxxxxx

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 10:11 AM
    Or can you please mail me all the conversation that has took place today
    from my email.

I sent one about the order receipt.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:10 AM, Anuj Malpani wrote:

> Am sorry that this issue is becoming longer. But i think now my email
    > account will not get hacked again.
    >
    >
    > On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Anuj Malpani wrote:
    >
    >> Hey did you get some emails within 30minutes ?
    >>
    >> That was the hacker. Please help me. I want the monetizelead.com back to
    >> my account.
    >>
    >> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:04 AM, Anya S. wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue is resolved this ticket
    >>> is being closed now. Please open a new one if you need any further
    >>> assistance.
    >>> --------------------
    >>> Best regards,
    >>> Anya S.
    >>> Fraud Prevention Team
    >>> NameCheap.com
    >>>
    >>> Ticket Details
    >>> ===================
    >>> Ticket ID: 220653
    >>> Department: Fraud Control
    >>> Priority: Low
    >>> Status: Awaiting Client Response
    >>>
    >>>
    >>
    >

[Edit Ticket Post]

Anuj Mxxxxx

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 10:41 AM
    Nevemind i just checked gmail activity on my account and its just me . as we
    agreed the domains stays with victorlugoltd .

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 5:11 AM, Anuj Malpani wrote:

> Or can you please mail me all the conversation that has took place today
    > from my email.
    >
    > I sent one about the order receipt.
    >
    >
    > On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:10 AM, Anuj Malpani wrote:
    >
    >> Am sorry that this issue is becoming longer. But i think now my email
    >> account will not get hacked again.
    >>
    >>
    >> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Anuj Malpani wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hey did you get some emails within 30minutes ?
    >>>
    >>> That was the hacker. Please help me. I want the monetizelead.com back to
    >>> my account.
    >>>
    >>> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:04 AM, Anya S. wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Hello,
    >>>>
    >>>> Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue is resolved this
    >>>> ticket is being closed now. Please open a new one if you need any further
    >>>> assistance.
    >>>> --------------------
    >>>> Best regards,
    >>>> Anya S.
    >>>> Fraud Prevention Team
    >>>> NameCheap.com
    >>>>
    >>>> Ticket Details
    >>>> ===================
    >>>> Ticket ID: 220653
    >>>> Department: Fraud Control
    >>>> Priority: Low
    >>>> Status: Awaiting Client Response
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>
    >

[Edit Ticket Post]

Anya S.

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 10:51 AM
    Hello,

So what is the final resolution? Please advise.
    --------------------
    Best regards,
    Anya S.
    Fraud Prevention Team
    NameCheap.com
    [Edit Ticket Post]

Anuj Mxxxxxxx

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 10:53 AM
    Am the real owner right now. Please dont mind. My account is hacked. I need
    the domain back to my account. Please check all the IP address.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:51 AM, Anya S. wrote:

> Hello,
    >
    > So what is the final resolution? Please advise.
    > --------------------
    > Best regards,
    > Anya S.
    > Fraud Prevention Team
    > NameCheap.com
    >
    > Ticket Details
    > ===================
    >
    >

[Edit Ticket Post]

Goldi Raghuvanshi

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 10:58 AM
    The domain should be on the aforementioned account (victorlugoltd).
    This is the final resolution.
    [Edit Ticket Post]

E-mail: [email protected] IP: 67.212.179.186
    Anuj Mxxxxxx

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 12:03 PM
    You may verify my ID here: http://monetizelead.com/id-for-namecheap/
    The final resolution is as follows: The domain monetizelead.com is to stay
    on the account victorlugoltd.

Please ignore all other requests as they are being done by the hacker who is
    eager to obtain the domain (my namecheap account is compromised).
    I would appreciate it if the domain was unlocked on the receiving end and
    this ticket was closed.

[Edit Ticket Post]

Anya S.

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 12:21 PM
    Hello,

Please see the attachment and let us know what posts there are not yours (except the one written by me).
    --------------------
    Best regards,
    Anya S.
    Fraud Prevention Team
    NameCheap.com
    [Edit Ticket Post]

Anya S.

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 12:23 PM
    Hello,

I'm sorry - the attachment is here.
    --------------------
    Best regards,
    Anya S.
    Fraud Prevention Team
    NameCheap.com

Attachments
    Hacked_domain.JPG (110.76 KiB)
    [Edit Ticket Post]

Anuj Malpani

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 12:53 PM
    Hey i am real owner. Why dont you get it ? Just put the domain back to
    primary account. please I.Exxxxxxxxxxx

Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASEEEEEEE
    On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 5:23 AM, Anya S. wrote:

> Hello,
    >
    > I'm sorry - the attachment is here.
    > --------------------
    > Best regards,
    > Anya S.
    > Fraud Prevention Team
    > NameCheap.com
    >
    > Ticket Details
    > ===================
    >

[Edit Ticket Post]

Anya S.

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 12:57 PM
    Hello,

Provide us with a scanned copy of your Photo ID (Passport) sent as an attachment in .pdf format. You should submit a new ticket and refer to this one.
    --------------------
    Best regards,
    Anya S.
    Fraud Prevention Team
    NameCheap.com
    [Edit Ticket Post]

Anuj Malpani

Posted on: 08 Jul 2009 01:44 PM
    Those info which was mailed to you by hacker was mine info.

That was my admit card info. Everything is uploaded here

http://www.monetizex***********/id-for-namecheap/

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 5:57 AM, Anya S. wrote:

> Hello,
    >
    > Provide us with a scanned copy of your Photo ID (Passport) sent as an
    > attachment in .pdf format. You should submit a new ticket and refer to this
    > one.
    > --------------------
    > Best regards,
    > Anya S.
    > Fraud Prevention Team
    > NameCheap.com
    >
    > Ticket Details
    > ===================
    >
    >

[Edit Ticket Post]

Last edited by enetwork; 07-18-2009 at 08:17 AM.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry for the long post above but as you can see, this wasn't a case where we just shut someone down without investigation as Bristol Sue and others have suggested.

In fact, this is not the first time Bristol sides with a scammer just to get her few shots in.

There are still more examples of Victor Lugo and his actions as there were other domains that were hacked and transferred the same way.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com
      0 Not allowed!

Exactly. You don't have the evidence but as per usual, you see see an opportunity where you can jump in and try and trash talk us and cannot resist.

Sadly, I cannot recall a post from you on WHT that isn't related to Namecheap. Do your dogs really demand that little of your time?

Sorry for the long post above but as you can see, this wasn't a case where we just shut someone down without investigation as Bristol Sue and others have suggested.

In fact, this is not the first time Bristol sides with a scammer just to get her few shots in.
    Typical. Nothing better to do than to slam me in a post. I ask you to show me exactly what the two of you are talking about. But you won't, it's way too much fun to bash me.

BTW, I doubt I have very much influence on here, so why must you keep up with the insults? Hasn't it gotten a little old? I've left you and am happy. You should be happy too.
    Sue

0 Not allowed!

Have you thought about taking this up with eNom?
    I will be reviewing my options once I determine what direction Namecheap wishes to proceed.

originally claiming he only ever opened one account with us and then backtracking when we presented the evidence.
    I made a error, but quickly corrected the same error in a subsequent reply to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by elmister View Post
    why would namecheap refund the money? chargeback from credit card owner?
    I never issued a chargeback. Namecheap voluntarily refunded my legitimate purchases without my consent.

He already showed his integrity by his initial post of <<snip>> then admitting he has other accounts
    I made a error, but quickly corrected the same error in a subsequent reply to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by InstantPH View Post
    how do you explain the multiple logins to other accounts via your IP address?
    If you are referring to the claim that the compromised accounts were accessed from my IP, there is nothing to explain. It didn't happen.
    Victor Lugo
    Systems Administrator
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by coax View Post
    InstantPH, I don't understand why you're asking these questions. The case is a clear cut case and the thread should be closed.
    Victor used social engineering and various other methods to try to steal domains from other account holders. It was not only a log with his IP in other accounts.
    Namecheap representatives have built up the trust with me, just like they should you, for us to not question the truthness of their claims.

If such trust is never built up I do not see a reason to even post on a message board..
    I am asking these questions as these are something I would like answered by the OP and have never been addressed in this thread. In fact, the questions I am asking are there to try and bring more truth into the matter.

And just in case you did not read my post, I was actually backing up NameCheap using there TOS.
    Last edited by TimothyH; 07-18-2009 at 09:43 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

There are still more examples of Victor Lugo and his actions as there were other domains that were hacked and transferred the same way.
    Do you honestly refer to your previous post as 'evidence'? It is pathetic. It does not incriminate me in ANY way.

As you all can see, he clearly acknowledges receiving a domain that was pushed from a hacked account <<snip>> I'm sure he'll come up with another excuse and some more of you will fall for it.
    See this screenshot. It was posted well before your reply: http://lugo.be/screenshots/2009-07-18_0938.png

You are clearly not involved well enough with your own company to make claims against me, as is indicated by the above screenshot.
    You tell your story the way you want people to see it, a "master" of social engineering (when your evidence is ********.), a hacker (where's the evidence?), a fraudster (all purchases made by me were legitimate).

HEY EVERYONE: If you are able to get your hands on hacked Namecheap accounts, and have an enemy with a few websites you want to take down, Namecheap has made it clear that this is all you must do:

• Push a few domains to your enemy's account (the stupid ones with no value)
    • Once pushed, their contact info is available to YOU! Run a WHOIS search on the domain. (they didn't even authorize it -- or know about it. YAY.)
    • Make the true domain owner aware of the unauthorized push.
    • Wait...
    • Pretend (in only one case) that you are the true domain owner. (respond to tickets to confuse everyone)
    • Get your enemies Namecheap account locked. Permanently. (you win! - and you have their address too)
    Namecheap, does ^this^ sound familiar?
    Last edited by Victor Lugo; 07-18-2009 at 10:13 AM.
    Victor Lugo
    Systems Administrator
      0 Not allowed!

Victor, stop posting these empty semi-threatening vague posts.
    If you have a case take it to the proper authorities then post about your success here later.
    Right now you're just beating around the bush, and it seems an awful lot like you're just trying to stir stuff up.

InstantPH, fair enough. But you should realize Viktor will never say anything that portrays him in a bad light. He will bend the story to suit his agenda - his so called "errors."
    If I were you I would look at the evidence namecheap has posted and focus on those.
      0 Not allowed!

Victor,

That screenshshot you posted was from communication from today, AFTER you were caught red handed. The communication I posted was from several days ago before you came up with your new excuse. As I said, say anything do anything to accomplish your goals.

Let's also look at this quote from a few days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Lugo View Post
    I do not recall ever using the usernames "valmail", "victorlugo", "JesusLov3s".

Domain pushes require no authorization on the receiving end. I found that one of my clients was able to push several domains to my account, and I received no notification about the situation.
    I wasn't able to determine what account these domains came from. This is huge problem on your end.
    [/B]

So you had no idea of any of the pushes but later changed your tune by stating that you purchased stolen goods instead and that's how the domain ended up in your account. Nice cover up. This also after stating you only had one account with us but then we proved you have several.

Keep the excuses coming.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast