Nationvoice review [Thread split]

Nationvoice does everything in their power to grab free cash within Terms of Service. Even if it means taking money from someone and not providing service.

I cancelled my Ventrilo service, and I did not cancel my PayPal subscription.

Now I spoke to Nationvoice and they explained that they can make refunds after 30 days of cancellation if a buyer pays without service. They emailed me to send them the PayPal transaction IDs.

I sent it to them. No response.

I called. No response.

I sent it to them again, threatening to file a PayPal dispute... no response.

I file the dispute. Then Nationvoice E-mails me claiming I didn't E-mail them the transaction IDs. Which is obviously a load of ********. Now 30 days have passed - now they claim they will not file the refund.

Nationvoice refuses to give back the money that was stolen from me. And PayPal obviously gives me the "You should have ended your subscription" speech and refuse to let me provide additional information as to why I should receive my money.

PayPal and Nationvoice are both ********.

How much did you pay them?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

A measly $23 bucks.

Fact is, that can get me more than a year's service at TypeFrag.

It's the principle - Nationvoice has the worst business ethics I have ever seen.

So it's their fault because you didn't cancel your payments or pay with a reputable payment service (read: credit card).

Cut your losses and learn that paypal isn't there to help anyone, they're only there to take your transaction fees.
    http://www.wpdirectorypro.com is a premium plugin to make a directory using WordPress
    http://www.pocketbikeforum.com racing, mods, sales, and general discussion of pocket bikes

Did you read what I posted at all??? Or did you skim?

I was eligible for a refund within 30 days. Nationvoice ignored me until I was no longer eligible. I am not blaming PayPal.

I am reporting this to BBB. This is Nationvoice we are talking about here.

Nationvoice's customer service is horrible. Just Google reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by DNGeeks View Post
    So it's their fault because you didn't cancel your payments or pay with a reputable payment service (read: credit card).

Cut your losses and learn that paypal isn't there to help anyone, they're only there to take your transaction fees.
    A) Never create subscriptions to services, unless you absolutely know you will be with them for a LONGGGGGGG time like Skype, etc.

I also suggest to login to paypal | History | Subscriptions and frequently clear out what you don't need anymore if your a subscription type person. Personally, I hate subscriptions, I don't even like to have a subscription to skype, which I'ev had for a long time.

Yeah. I had to learn this the hard way.

What exactly was that company doing for you?

Quote Originally Posted by CaJuaL View Post
    Yeah. I had to learn this the hard way.
    Hey, at least it only cost you $23.00. People have had to pay a lot more before they learnt from their mistakes.

Good luck getting your money back.

Cajual is right. It's not about the money but the principle. $23 may not sound a huge amount, but if they do similar things with many customers it adds up. I would continue to persue it. If they had genuinly not recieved your email, and you can prove you did email them, most companies would refund you as a good will gesture.

I really dislike this nonsense.

If a customer forgets to cancel his subscription, I undersand that the provider probably wouldn't notice it but once it has been brought to their attention, it HAS to be made an easy process to refund the money. Why would anyone need 30 days to do that? That makes no sense at all.

2 billing days tops to go into paypal and click refund. I only say 2 days in case someone was sick one day or there is a backlog of billing requests or something.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Hi!
    What blows my mind is that the "company" in question is throwing away hundreds..perhaps thousands..in lost business over this. It just blows my mind.

Believe me..if anybody should really hate paypal subscriptions..it should be me. <shudder> I don't even want to think about it..I really don't.

Bottom line: I don't buy anything with paypal subscriptions. If it's the only option..the answer is no.

>>Oh..I'll never have a bank account linked to paypal. Never...EVER..again. No..noways..nohow.

>>>>Well..ok...never is a heck of a long time. Let's just say it's gonna be awhile.

Bryon
    Last edited by bryonhost1; 07-13-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by bryonhost1 View Post
    Hi!
    What blows my mind is that the "company" in question is throwing away hundreds..perhaps thousands..in lost business over this. It just blows my mind.

Believe me..if anybody should really hate paypal subscriptions..it should be me. <shudder> I don't even want to think about it..I really don't.

Bottom line: I don't buy anything with paypal subscriptions. If it's the only option..the answer is no.

>>Oh..I'll never have a bank account linked to paypal. Never...EVER..again. No..noways..nohow.

>>>>Well..ok...never is a heck of a long time. Let's just say it's gonna be awhile.

Bryon
    Had bad experience with it, huh?

Hi!
    Oh yeah. Good news is I raised so much cane rules were changed. At the time..it was automatic that if the balance could not cover the charge..it would draft your bank. Not once..not twice..but four times before giving up. Yes..four overdraft fees @$35/pop. Now a subscription can be told not to look for other sources...and it is easier to cancel them.

>>Oh..and back then..even if you cancelled the sub...it still tried three more times. It's not that way now..I don't believe.

Live and learn..

Bryon
    Bryon L Harvey
    Soil Relocation Engineer

23 is a pretty good deal

This is exactly why we do not accept/allow PayPal subscriptions!

Nationvoice has been around for a very long time, we have been competing against them for well over a decade and things like this make it oh so easy.

lol, I see some things never change.. or people I should say.