99.9% Uptime - 1 Month Free - Free Domain

Virtuous Host offers quality and professional web hosting with the power and flexibility to pick the best hosting solution with quality of service that suits your needs. Unlike other shared hosting providers, Virtuous Host gives you options so that you can choose the precise combination of technology infrastructure and services so that you can run efficiently and productively allowing you to grow your online adventure. We guarantee premium level web hosting services to businesses and individuals of all shapes, sizes and kinds around the world. With our proactive management team we consistently check your server to prevent down time and so we maintain our 99.9% guarantee. Not only are we proactive but we are reactive as well boasting of our 30 minute average response time from our 24/7/365 Support Team. If you have any questions please email [email protected]

What do you get in all accounts?
    Unlimited Databases, Unlimited FTP accounts and Unlimited Emails
    Free Legal Licenses (for commercial software e.g. Free vBulletin, Invision Power Board)
    Daily and Weekly Offsite Back ups
    24/7 Support – Average Response time is 30 mins. Ensuring 99.9% Uptime
    CGI, IonCube, Zend Optimizer, PHP 5.2.x, Perl, Ruby on Rails and MySQL 5
    Industry Leading cPanel with Fantastico add on
    RvSkins and RVSite Builder
    Optimized Servers for our web applications.
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Instant Set up of Hosting account (Domain purchases are reviewed)
    Free Logos, Banners, and Graphics upon request
    Free Site Migrations and Transfers
    Free Software and Hack Installations
    Free Software Upgrades
    And much more.

Virtuous Shared Hosting - $24.99 monthly
    5GB - Disk Space
    100GB - Bandwidth
    No Set Up Fee
    Free Domain
    One Month Free(If you sign up NOW)
    Order Now

Our Data centre
    Virtuous Host sets up only the best systems to ensure your websites load swiftly, your database connections carry out instantaneously and so you get exactly what you pay for. Our typical hosting server utilises multi core CPUs, 4GB RAM, 10,000 RPM high speed SCSI hard drives manufactured by IBM. We use a mix of the following premium providers for our based systems being Mzima, Level 3, Uunet, Verio, Savvis and DTag. Our servers are located at the Telecom Center carrier hotel in downtown Los Angeles. Telecom Center LA is located directly adjacent to the One Wilshire Building, the largest carrier hotel in the Western United States, on the corner of 6th and Grand in the heart of the "Telecom District," in Downtown Los Angeles. South Grand Avenue is the main corridor for optical fiber cable in the downtown area making it the prime location for Carrier Hotels. Telecom Center LA offers the widest possible array of connectivity options with high-bandwidth service available from numerous carriers and a direct conduit link of less than 500 linear feet to the One Wilshire "Meet-me Room."

Why choose us?
    We currently utilise Quad core CPUs, 4GB RAM, 10,000 RPM high speed SCSI hard drives manufactured by IBM. All servers are consistently monitored and kept up to date on latest software's. Our promise is to provide our clients with the power and flexibility to achieve the highest level of success so that’s why in most cases we work side by side with you. We try to offer the most reliable, inclusive and desired web hosting which is powered by our dedicated support team. We offer a variety of specialized solutions to give you that boost in your niche.

Are you looking for a specialized solution?
    Are you a hardcore blogger? Check out our Blog Hosting
    Do you like communicating with your friends? Undertake our Forum Hosting
    Do you like creating videos, pictures or music? Want to stream stuff? Check out our Media Hosting
    Do you have a lot to say and manage? Try our CMS Hosting
    Have an urge to start an online business? Check our eCommerce Hosting
    Do you want to teach the web? Then look here at our eLearning Hosting
    You wish to assemble a nice informational pool? Then check our Wiki Hosting
    Just want a site for fun? Then get Personal Hosting
    Are you a business owner looking to reach out to the web? Then you’re missing out at our Business Hosting

Use the coupon "WHTPromo” 1 Month Free and a Free Domain.
    If you have any problems in regards to our hosting you will get your money back. Just provide proof of your claims and we’ll give you a 100% refund for the amount you paid for. That’s what makes us Virtuous

Custom Packages are available.
    VirtuousHost.com - Premium Web Hosting
    Affordable Web Hosting Solutions
    Premium Shared, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    100% uptime | Daily - Weekly Backups | 24/7/365 Support | 45 Day Money back Guarantee

Something wrong there

It appears to be impossible to place an order on your site without being forced to add on the configurable option of 'Business hosting' at an extra $25 on top of the $24 for shared hosting.

Think you need to sort that one out.

I'm inclined to say that $24 for shared hosting is already expensive WITHOUT the addition of another $25 for the business hosting. As I say, there's no option NOT to select the additional business hosting.

Thanks for pointing that out and well you get what you paid for. The additional $25 wasn't supposed to be cumpulsory and so it has been removed. Thanks again. We just restructured our packages causing that little mishap.

If any one has problems with us at fault we would easily refund them of their money.
    100% uptime | Daily - Weekly Backups | 24/7/365 Support | 45 Day Money back Guarantee

Thumbs down I dont think so

"You get what you paid for"

Erm, I don't think we do in this instance.

5GB shared hosting for $24... That's expensive, whatever way you look at it. If the service is superb, then maybe it might be worth it.

With your one month free offer, I was prepared to give it a go though - I might have been pleasantly surprised, especially given that it appears to include a VBulletin license.

However, after going through the order process, I then found that there was no free month mentioned. The price stayed at $24.

I then tried the code you mentioned - WHTPromo - and was presented with a '50.00% recurring discount' instead of a free month.

Making it even funnier was the fact that the 50% recurring discount amounted to '$0.00'.

So...

Going back to my initial assumption that $24 for 5GB of shared hosting was expensive... In this instance, I'm inclined to continue with that assumption.

On top of that, theres a free month thats actually not a free month, but a recurring 50% discount.

And on top of that, the 50% discount amounts to $0.00.

Definitely NOT getting what is paid for.

I apologise for the sarcasm. I'm smiling as I type. Honest. But you need to check that your order pages match what you say you're offering. Someone like myself, who's actively looking around for decent and reliable service, is very easily put off when confronted with very easily avoidable errors like this.

It sort of dents any confidence I may have had. I'd be rather surprised if you couldn't understand this.

Actually I know what you mean but if it matters I checked to see if you signed up first with the idea of processing a refund and properly explaining to you every thing so you can sign up with all ideas perfectly clear.

Actually the coupon wasn't supposed to be used really in this instance and when you sign up we would credit your account for the next month free but now the coupon would change to cover that.

You get a free commercial license if you pay annually. If you stay as a yearly covering, we keep covering the full cost,in this case, vBulletin license.

If you desire I can get you one month of service with 1GB Disk Space and 15GB Bandwidth with no real added features for you to test our hosting for free of course. Then you can decide whether to move up or not.

Thank you for the interest. Never the less.

Okay,

Without wishing to drag this out, perhaps I could suggest that you make things a little clearer in your initial offer post? If the commercial licenses are only available on yearly signups, then perhaps it'd be prudent to mention that?

I quote:

"What do you get in all accounts?
    Unlimited Databases, Unlimited FTP accounts and Unlimited Emails
    Free Legal Licenses (for commercial software e.g. Free vBulletin, Invision Power Board)"

Which is followed by this bit:

"Virtuous Shared Hosting - $24.99 monthly
    5GB - Disk Space
    100GB - Bandwidth
    No Set Up Fee
    Free Domain
    One Month Free(If you sign up NOW)
    Order Now"

It only mentions MONTHLY. And that's after all the benefits you mention, that now, it appears, don't apply to monthly!

And this bit:

"Use the coupon "WHTPromo” 1 Month Free and a Free Domain."

Slightly misleading - especially as the promo code now applies a '0.00%' discount.

Thank you for the offer of a free trial. Much appreciated, but I think I'll pass this time.
    Last edited by tazandpig; 07-08-2009 at 02:05 PM.

Yes the coupon WHTPromo gives 0% discount but some-one reviews new order purchases and adds credit to the account in this case.

In the Terms of Service it goes in detail about the Commercial License so you can read about it there.

The price stated here is the monthly price because it is the most popular payment plan. Through the billing system you have other options for payments including a year. We have made no attempt to hidethis and it is stated in our TOS whichI assume people read upon sign up or I hope.

The commercial license is the only thing that applies yearly as people decide to stop having a web site as soon as they deem it as not profitable or etc. As a result it wouldn't be in our best interest to purchase licenses on a monthly basis. In regards all our other services are offered on a monthly basis such as free logos etc.

If you read our TOS it would tell you that you need to pay annually to obtain a free license.

You're completely missing the point I'm making.

In your initial post, you say:

"What's included in ALL accounts", before going on to discuss the monthly options.

As a prospective customer, I shouldn't have to search through the ToS for mention of the fact that 'ALL' doesn't include MONTHLY. Given the fact that you include reference to such things (the VB license being one), it's not beyond the realms of possibility that others will also deem this to be whats on offer to ALL new clients.

Is it unreasonable to expect/ask you to clarify this in your original post? Expecting prospective clients to search the ToS to discover that what you initially say isn't quite what you actually mean is a bit lame, don't you think?

It's not exactly forthcoming, is it? Especially given that it's an eye-catching inclusion for those that may be looking for one thing that gives the competitive edge over other offers.

And only leads to disappointment when it's later discovered that the eye-catching offer wasn't quite as eye-catching as it first appeared, but was merely a play on words.

All, Monthly and Yearly mean very, very different things.

I understand what you mean but searching is a big word though. You are supposed to read and agree with the TOS before sign up. I guess I can agree that it can be disappointing to some people.