Different hosts for SEO / PR

As far as I can remember your PR is limited from link exchanges if you link exchange on your own subnet.

If you had 20 sites receiving good traffic with say, all having a PR of 1, but spread each site out on a different web host each, and then linked them all to eachother, would that increase your page rank?

Why waste your time and run the risk of getting caught?

Traffic is not related to PR.

Regarding what is allowed or not, optimizing done for the sole purpose of boosting your PR could be punished. You may not benefit from linking like you described, but you cannot be punished for it. What if you were doing it because you really need different web hosts, or you originally had 20 sites at one host that bought more servers (and b/c-class networks) and spread your sites between them.

Its probably true that Google reduces the value of links between sites in the same subnet, because of the slight chance that those sites are owned by the same company. Which of course sucks if you find out that all of your link partners is hosted with the same company as you.

Anyway, an important thing is that if the content of site A is relevant to the link and content of site B, you will probably benefit.

There is also link juice, which can be described as PR divided by outgoing links. If you have a PR1 site linking to another site, the receiving site will get 100% of the link juice from the PR1 site. Now if the PR1 site links to 10 sites, each link would only be 1/10 of the value.

Qualified guess is that if all sites link to each other, there is probably nothing to be gained, even if each link is relevant, because each link will carry so little link juice.

The best SEO is having content so good, that other people links to it without you asking them to do it.

Your page rank has no relationship with the actual rankings of your website.

SEO link building

Links should be natural. I would not play these types of tricks with search engines. Just about anything you can think of, they have thought of too. Building natural organic links is the key to seo and you want to get the quality ones.

If you had 20 sites receiving good traffic with say, all having a PR of 1, but spread each site out on a different web host each, and then linked them all to eachother, would that increase your page rank?
    This worked well about 6-7 years back but if do this now, all your sites will drop your rankings for sure.
    [DC'S] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. CHINA HK. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS. GERMANY. SOUTH AFRICA
    MyCompanyWeb™: Start Your Own Professional Web Hosting Company in 24 Hours
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 14 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!

A lot of things work well, usually the things that work best are Black Hatting, and search engines don't like them.

I use different servers in different locations when I have clients within the same vertical market. At one time this use to matter, and I know this becuase I have tested it. But now, I don't do this as much, mostly I use servers in different datacenters for GEO Targeting testing, and just to not have all my eggs in one basket.
    Giving my opinions and thoughts the Moxie Way

Quote Originally Posted by t-wins View Post
    Building natural organic links is the key to seo and you want to get the quality ones.
    What are natural organic links? Are you talking about unsolicited links? If so how does one do this in practice? If people don't know about the great content on your site how are they going to know to link to it? Is organic linking good for PR only or is it good for serp's only? You have no control over the anchor text if there is any which in most cases does not happen. Next some sites, some content is never going to attract organic links. What do you as the web master do then?

I think that if you have network, you consider to host on different IP and Servers, But as per Matt Cutts, there is no issue of hosting in rankings
    Mohnesh Kohli
    Web Hosting Virtual Private Servers (VPS)
    Get Cheap Web Hosting Services and Quality Support

Quote Originally Posted by FH-Andreas View Post
    Traffic is not related to PR.
    TRUE, but not completely.

Just imagine what drive u traffic, by Google or backlinks?

Either of them will call your a lot work, and if u could do so, I mean drive a lot of traffic, it should help u with the PR IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyNetHosting View Post
    This worked well about 6-7 years back but if do this now, all your sites will drop your rankings for sure.
    You would think so... but the last time I really analyzed the competition for some valuable affiliate keywords, I found a bunch of site rings like this in the top five. Then again, there were a lot of sites who blatantly relied on paid links, too. These may be effective short-term strategies, but when and if it gets caught and devalued, you could lose a lot of invested time and money very quickly. So I wouldn't recommend it or spend my own time on it, but it does seem to work still.
    A dreamhost coupon and newbie's view of hosting

Why webmasters go out of their way to try and fiddle the system, I cannot for the life of me, fathom. There are legitimate tools and resources one can use. And if you know what you are doing and if you focus your attention on whats real, you get there a whole lot faster than zig zagging around chasing all the red herrings that cross your path.

Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    What are natural organic links? Are you talking about unsolicited links? If so how does one do this in practice? If people don't know about the great content on your site how are they going to know to link to it? Is organic linking good for PR only or is it good for serp's only? You have no control over the anchor text if there is any which in most cases does not happen. Next some sites, some content is never going to attract organic links. What do you as the web master do then?
    What are natural organic links?

For me, I will say as long as I don't buy links and I don't do blackhat, then I am getting natural links, is that right??

Or, only the links that completely have nothing to do with SEO?/

I hope rainchild can answer this for me, and thanks!

Don't ask me. How should I know? It's all those pompous overstuffed experts who keep mouthing off about organic this, organic that and quality back links that need to come up with the answer. My understanding is that organic links are unsolicitated links made by third parties and as such, they more often than not miss the boat as far as anchor text goes.

So if I am correct, what are they good for? Traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    Don't ask me. How should I know? It's all those pompous overstuffed experts who keep mouthing off about organic this, organic that and quality back links that need to come up with the answer. My understanding is that organic links are unsolicitated links made by third parties and as such, they more often than not miss the boat as far as anchor text goes.

So if I am correct, what are they good for? Traffic?
    You sounds a little bit irritated and disappointed, if i get u right.

So, the anchor text link is stil the best, right?

You tell me. I am waiting patiently for someone to explain what a quality link is. I get this nasty feeling I am the only one in this whole wide world who doesn't know??????

I think u are really serious and cute man, but I can tell u have better understanding of the SEO thing. The point is not what is the qulaity backlinks are but how to get good and useful links to help your site to rank high in Serp, is that right?

Link building works

Here's my story;

I had a pr2 site, which was ranking on Google at around 10-30 for several major keywords (many of them were 100k+). I'd done some link exchange for only one keyword for which I had been ranking on the 2nd page (around 10-20) which is a slightly higher rank compared to other natural rankings. But several months back my site got hacked, lost all the data and was offline for abt 2 weeks before I started it back.
    By the time I got back online with a fresh site, all my rankings were gone, except for the keyword I did exchange for. For the keywords I did not build links, the rankings are now 120+ where as for the other, the rankings remain around 20 on Google.

Do link building as much as possible combining with social bookmarks, PRs and directory submissions.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jigna_faria View Post
    The point is not what is the qulaity backlinks are but how to get good and useful links to help your site to rank high in Serp, is that right?
    There are many ways to ask the question but I have yet to see anyone coming up with the answers. What is a quality link?

PR is very important for site because we can impression from it...

Quote Originally Posted by redesignunit View Post
    PR is very important for site because we can impression from it...
    How do wen impression from it, what do u mean??