Question Web hosting with database auto backup?

Is there any web hosting company provides database auto backup functionality? Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

Many companies such as sharkspace and hawkhost use R1Soft for self automated backups.
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

Check for hosts with R1Soft backups - it should be the best solution. And make sure you can access these backups via a control panel - you can restore the tables on your own.

I would like to recommend Cartika - they do mysql backups every 4 hours.
    Antonis Adamakos @ FuzzFree :: Fully Managed Web Hosting, Development, Online Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 01globalnet View Post
    Check for hosts with R1Soft backups - it should be the best solution. And make sure you can access these backups via a control panel - you can restore the tables on your own.

I would like to recommend Cartika - they do mysql backups every 4 hours.
    Thanks. Is it possible for me to download and save the backups to my PC?

Yes, you can setup a scheduled task that will backup your database and upload it on a FTP space from where you'll be able to download the backups.
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

Quote Originally Posted by SoftsysHosting-Rick View Post
    Yes, you can setup a scheduled task that will backup your database and upload it on a FTP space from where you'll be able to download the backups.
    I know that you can set up the task on personal computer, but does the host companies allow you to do that? I just asked one of them and they said that their backup is only for internal use and we cannot download it. Is it common for hosting companies?

Most hosts backup their databases. You can also add a cron jump to do a dump and email it to you or FTP it every so many hours/days, etc. Never depend on the host to do those sorts of things. If it's important, do it yourself. That way you know the data is safe.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

Quote Originally Posted by serverorigin View Post
    Most hosts backup their databases. You can also add a cron jump to do a dump and email it to you or FTP it every so many hours/days, etc. Never depend on the host to do those sorts of things. If it's important, do it yourself. That way you know the data is safe.
    Thanks serverorigin. I get what you mean. But does host allow users to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by winter07 View Post
    I know that you can set up the task on personal computer, but does the host companies allow you to do that? I just asked one of them and they said that their backup is only for internal use and we cannot download it. Is it common for hosting companies?
    Yes they do. It may be an addon to the hosting package that you might be purchase but schedules tasks are available with shared/reseller hosting. Also, you may not be able to access the backup that host is doing for their internal use but you can always have you own backup mechanism in place (using scheduled task as mentioned earlier).
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

Quote Originally Posted by SoftsysHosting-Rick View Post
    Yes they do. It may be an addon to the hosting package that you might be purchase but schedules tasks are available with shared/reseller hosting. Also, you may not be able to access the backup that host is doing for their internal use but you can always have you own backup mechanism in place (using scheduled task as mentioned earlier).
    Thanks Rick. I think I understand you now. Thanks man. You really helped me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by winter07 View Post
    Thanks Rick. I think I understand you now. Thanks man. You really helped me a lot.
    My pleasure